next directory ppi/ppp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi pawnbroker

just got back from abroad and yes very little help on here but will fight on.

i will help u as much as i can but i have very little experiance. You can have my poc with pleasure and i will tell u what i think.

anyway rang court today and got, told still no defence.

thursday applying for judgement.

no doubt they will apply to have it set aside, be interesting to see on what grounds, because in their recent letter they said that back 1991 they automatically added ppp without permission. And I got that in writing

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat with Next. Will be looking at this one after my battles with MBNA, HSBC and Egg!

I would be interested in seeing your Prelim, LBa and POCs.

HSBC - Pre Lim sent 12-12-06, LBA sent 27-12-06, reissued 5-1-07. Part offer rejected 17-1-07, MCOL 19-1-07, AQ - 21-2-07. Settled

Nationwide - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 5-1-07, LBA sent 19-1-07, MCOL 2-2-07, WON 22-2-07.

Capital One - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 17-1-07, LBA sent. Settled

MBNA - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Offer rejected 19-1-07, Pre Lim 19-1-07, LBA sent, Setteled 21-2-07.

MBNA Loan PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, Settled.

MBNA CC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, WON 2-7-10.

HSBC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, with Court

EGG PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, FOS upheld 3-7-10

ok see today wether they have defended or not, rang the court yesterday to see wether I needed to allow for post, they said no, that they have allowed for post, and that if no reply was forth coming today, apply for judgement.

which I will do as soon as court opens tomorrow, no doubt thats when it gets interesting

hi pawnbroker

just got back from abroad and yes very little help on here but will fight on.

i will help u as much as i can but i have very little experiance. You can have my poc with pleasure and i will tell u what i think.

anyway rang court today and got, told still no defence.

thursday applying for judgement.

no doubt they will apply to have it set aside, be interesting to see on what grounds, because in their recent letter they said that back 1991 they automatically added ppp without permission. And I got that in writing

My acct opened 2000 and letter says you opted in, by not saying NO,

must send them an invoice every week and tell them they opted in.

waiting to see what result yu get at court, but remember solicitors always get things set aside, for reasons you and i would be laughed out of court for, so until judgement day -dont hold your breath that its over.

meantime good luck, and await update - pb

as i said before be interesting to see what grounds, they want to set it aside with. they have stated that they automatically put the ppp on so they cannot defend that, I also asked if they had permission to consult

cra s they cannot defend that so should be interesting

okjust got back,

rung court today who said that next have notified the court to say they are going to defend snd they have a further 14 days to lodge there defence.

I feel an offer coming my way, any way we shall see

well saying they will defend is normal par for any claim, so nothing new there. i would also expect them to actually file a defence - in the normal way, saying everything in your poc is basically a load of tosh, and asking to dismiss the claim. but that too is predictable, ill be keen to see what these beggars actually do do - await report and tks sg, very very helpful for all of us lining up to go the same way - pb

• 2 weeks later...

right ok,

28 days ran out wed 24th march but believe it or not the court were on strike. so i went to court anyway yesterday and they had not opened post from previuos day at that point.so i took advice from one of the court clarks and applied for judgement,hoping that they didnt file defence.i think that if they didnt file, it would be difficult for next to set aside because on the 14th day they informed the court that they were going to defend in full which gave them 14 more days. so the judge will no they new about it. anyway will ring court today and find out if they did sneak a defence in in time:confused:

interestingly i rang first assist today, they are the administrators for claims for ppp, which is was insured by nextthemselves. First assist told me that any body who took out the policy had to be in full time employment. In the letter we recieved the other day from next it said that the insurance was added automatically. So how did they no wether you have a job or not.

pb you seem to be the only person reading this what do you think?

dont quite understand first assist bit SG, i have not got that far with next, they just said they dont want to play, so you have far more info than i do - expand who and what they are and how they are involved - i am at presnt a bit mistified by their involvement. - are you suggesting that next carried their own risk on these insurances, because thats what i have inferred in my last letter to them, as they have not supplied insurance details, and they have employed first assist to settle these problems for them?? am i getting warm - pb

yes spot on,first assist told me that they only sort out the claims for them next are the insurers.

Thats what i thought when they didnt send any insurance detail, greedy b---stds, didnt even want to give a bit of the gravy to a broker.

still it does explain there rather inept attitude to claims handling, they think they know it all - well theres a hard lesson for them to learn and your what else should cheer us up, it will come out of the profits, not an insurance comp.

would be very pleased to chuck in my assistance wherever i can, just need more info.

Well if thats the fact then first assist are a firm of solicitors working for a pay check, nothing for them to loose - so that cannot make it harder, because, we actually know our rights, and these solicitors, will only know what NEXT tell them - let me know asap - thanks for input you have helped me and im sure somewhere along the way a lot of other Next "ripped off" customers - cheers - pb

well now as my part 18 request, i will ask for a recording of todays conversation which i timed, when they state you have to be employed to have this insurance.my mrs hasnt been employed since 1988. i am sure they will like that

none of that should be neccessary, you cant sell anythiong to anyone by saying were gonna charge you for this if you dont say NNOOOOOO -

premise - someone is slipped a mickey fin - their unconscious, salesman comes in - im charging you 1% of your wealth until you die.

-

thats not legal doesnt matter which way anyone wants to cook it up -

doesnt matter how long ago - you didnt agree - you were unaware of what it was -

in your innocense and trust in "next" you paid whatever they put before you -

they abused that trust - underlined by the fact they didnt even bother to go to an insurer to cover the

.potential losses - they knew there wouldnt be any.

so the greedy pigs, took you to the cleaners and now they have to repay plus the debited interest taken, plus restitution interest - yeah matey -

im with you - pb

i am trying to get the same interest that they charged me-it worked with mbna so hopefully it will work with next.

i am waiting for this reched defence that will make it clearer.

are you legally trained?