• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

next directory ppi/ppp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for replying, i have just printed all of the documents for the ppi bundle, but this is a new one on me, what is the for of the bundle? i havnt done one before. this is very frustrating when next wont give me any information at all.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had two conflicting pieces of advice both from solictors

1 the fact the judge didnt make next come up with the evidence i have been told to appeal this on the grounds of failure to give evidence.#

2 the second peice of advice was forget about appealing just go to court. the fact they didnt turn means they probably wont turn up at main court hearing, and put bundle together and carry on with what i have.

any thoughts guys

thanks

SG, although the solicitors are advocating next lack of interest, its another thing when the case is presented and they have to go to legal recourse to defend. so whatever you do please make sure that the documents you are preparing are done so with due diligence as you may still find that next will do something that i feel they must. as for the lack of information supplied, try to include this in the POC. when you have it prepared im sure you should post it up so that the guys on this site can give it the once over - remember, the judge said that they didnt need to be at the last hearing as your request was not quite the right one - this time i hope it will be and they will have to get legal advise, my own feeling is that they knew you were not going to get anywhere with your prebious action, and that could only have been based on some legal advice from somewhere, so dont play down what they"probably" wont do = best regards -pb

hi guys need some urgent help hereI am just going thruogh some of the letters they sent me THE REASON THEY SAY THEY DONT HAVE TO SENT A TRUE CREDIT AGREEMENT IS AS FOLLOWS.

Qoute(By way iof explanation, under section 78 of the consumer credit act, next must supply any customer with a true copy of there credit agreement upon request. For the purpose of section 78a, a trus copy need not be an exact copy or photocopy, as long as it containsevery material provision of the agreement sighned. this means that it does not needto have non-statutory information whichwas included for the creditor s ownbenefit or signiture boxs.

Therefore next are not required to provide you with a signed Executed copy of the agreement and this is made clear in section 3(2) of the consumer credit act(cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations. we are required to provide you with a true copy and a true copy is enclosed along with a copy of our credit agreement. (Unqoute)

Nothing came with a date or signature so how can the above be right if we dont know if it is a true copy. please any thoughts I need to put this in a bundle.

Advice is a funny thing - it's all about experience and history, so each person has a differing view.

What they've said about s.78 responses is, sadly, accurate - have you requested data under a DPA SAR, as there's no such movement on what they have to provide, there.

The only way to get what you need seems to be to take legal action and force their hand with CPR requests, IMHO.

well ive just read there defence and part of there defence says i qoute

ppp was added to the claimants accountas she did not opt out of recieving the benefit of such insurance at the tiime the account was opened. it is denied that the defendant added ppp without her consent. unqoute.

fortunatly i have a letter written by someone at next who is not in the legal team so left hand not telling right hand etc.

i qoute

by way of explanation ppp was not mentioned in your credit agreement, but was added to your agreement automaticallyat the time your account was opened, as was our procedure in 1991.

do i have them by the balls or not?:p

hi SG, had same responses to my own claim with Next, then they sent me another letter later to ex-plain that that wasnt what they meant and changed the argument to one that request was made and fact that its been there forever is just explanation of why they wont refund. They are a complete load of nonses, but that aside, when the original amount was added, with the proviso that it could be stopped, in effect Buying by default,

There was never a law against it, so its not illigal, it is however verysharp practice and as you and i and most people who had this forced upon us, never got any documents of any sort to advice what it is or was charged for, we would not have challenged it, we dont know what it was. (also please add) it was described only as PPP - i would attempt to offer my argument that it indicated Post packaging presentation fee, so it was never explained and was accepted as a fee for services, not for Insurance, which you only became aware of when you started to investigate the circumstances surrounding your case.

I really cannot see how any judge would agree that something described in this was was a description that Next wanted you to know about.

I can also add, if its of any use, That they cover up any late fees, or such charges as "administration charges" - so again, these gits really do not try to make you aware of what you are paying for - Hope it helps - PB

next are saying that they dont have to produce a signed copy of both the ppp policy or cca because it was so long ago, my question is surely if the account was still active in 2006 they should have retained these copies is there any regulations to support this please?

if account active in 2006 then they have to keep them 6 years, this is just another of NEXT "DONT WANT TO PLAY" responses - ICO complaint, should help your cause, then if still no joy FOS and wait a year for them to respond, but your in the right SG, keep on keeping at them - PB

thanks pb but i have few days to finish my bundle and if i could find some information that shows that they should retain sgned copies it would just put another nail in the coffin i have now have a court date of 06 sept, so every thing is getting closer and i need to index everything

Document Retention

According to sections 221 and 222 of the Companies Act 1985, a public company is required to maintain records for a period of six years (section 222(5)(b).

As a Credit Card agreement is active until the agreement is terminated, I would suggest that all the payment records (and other documents making up the file - including the agreement/application etc) would be "live" until the account is paid, or terminated - thus, the full file should be retained for at least six years after that.

This interpretation fits in with Inland Revenue legislation that requires prime documents to be retained for a period of six years - AFTER THE END OF THE RELEVANT ACCOUNTING PERIOD. That would mean some files need to be retained for up to seven years. The relevant legislation is found in Schedule 18 of the Finance Act 1998 (paragraph 21) - of particular significance is sub-paragraph (6) which states:

"The duty to preserve records under this paragraph includes a duty to preserve all supporting documents relating to the items mentioned in sub-paragraph (5)(a) and (b)."

Finally and most importantly in my view, key documents/application forms etc must be kept until 5 years after that business relationship has ended. This is a requirement of The Money Laundering Regulations 1993, 2003 and 2007.

ok found it but next question

there are fifty pages in this legislation do i need to print them all or just the relevant paragragh?

here it is i think

RECORD-KEEPING, PROCEDURES AND TRAINING

Record-keeping

19.—(1) Subject to paragraph (4), a relevant person must keep the records specified in

paragraph (2) for at least the period specified in paragraph (3).

(2) The records are—

(a) a copy of, or the references to, the evidence of the customer’s identity obtained pursuant

to regulation 7, 8, 10, 14 or 16(4);

(b) the supporting records (consisting of the original documents or copies) in respect of a

business relationship or occasional transaction which is the subject of customer due

diligence measures or ongoing monitoring.

(3) The period is five years beginning on—

(a) in the case of the records specified in paragraph (2)(a), the date on which—

(i) the occasional transaction is completed; or

(ii) the business relationship ends; or

(b) in the case of the records specified in paragraph (2)(b)—

(i) where the records relate to a particular transaction, the date on which the transaction

is completed;

(ii) for all other records, the date on which the business relationship ends.

(4) A relevant person who is relied on by another person must keep the records specified in

paragraph (2)(a) for five years beginning on the date on which he is relied on for the purposes of

regulation 7, 10, 14 or 16(4) in relation to any business relationship or occasional transaction.

sg - Not completely sure, but fifty pages is a bit much for a Mgistrate to take in, = i would personally refer to the legislation and print the paragraph regarding retention of documents.

As for NEXT - they im sure have inferred that the PPI was too old to keep copies of, but again if you have proof of when the last premium was taken, its again prooves that the Insurance was live and they must treat it in the same way as your other documentation.

PB

• 2 weeks later...

this site isnt so easy to navigate around anymore where is the icon for subscribed threads? anyway back to bussiness I have now put my bundle into court and sent next theirs, but I have had nothing the other way is this normal? how can they come to court with nothing are they just relying on my documents?

how come my posts are not on the ppi thread?

Your posts are here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?268296-barclaycard-ppi

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?177335-ppi-cliam-for-mbna

You can find which threads or posts you've made by clicking your user name and then clicking posts or threads started on the left hand column in your profile.

• Confused 1