If you seriously want to quit smoking ...

borisbcs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ended up playing Solitaire on laptop when i first gave up to keep my hands busy!

I KEPT MY HAND BUSY

I EMPTIED THE FRIDGE

NEVER AGAIN

I AM AT LONG LAST GETTING RID OF THE POUNDS

YOU NEED TO KEEP HAND AND MOUTH OCCUPIED

MINTS WORKED FOR ME IN THE END

thats funny!!!!!!!! yes i have some mints - but im not craving at all - its the habit of smoking having done the same thing every day at least 20 times a day for 20 years - its changing a lifetime habit - think i might redecorate......

I went through many stages of quitting before I finally nailed this last one. I can tell you the diffrence though.

In the past i had always blamed everything on quitting, from an aching back to a tooth ache, I soon realised this time though that not everything is to do with quitting. It does tend to overtake your life but these things would have happened wether you quit or not.

The second thing is that i thought that I had to somehow exorcise every trigger i had for smoking, for example, i thought I had to deal with friends i had not seen for a long time, I thought that I may feel an emotion I did not feel very often such as deep sadness or euphoria and that these may catch me off guard. The truth however was much simpler. All I had to do was find a way of dealing with feelings of anxiety.

There was no other trigger other than anxiety. That knot in the stomach, the tension across the shoulders and into the neck and face, the hollow feeling that seemed to go on forever, That was not a craving but a feeling of anxiety. The thing is it had been hijacked by smoking. So no matter who you are one thing that is certain is that you will feel at some point in the future anxiety. This is the one emotion that keeps us safe, it is instinct. It is there to protect us and cannot be ignored.

Try writing down how you feel both emotionally and physically when you really want a cigarette. Those times when someone has said you cannot smoke or when you do not know when you will get another. Write a list.

Then go on google and look at the symptoms of anxiety. I found that there were alot that matched.

Thanks

Ian

Went to the NHS quit clinic today, so will see how I get on - this is something I never thought I would do

when I stopped for the 2 years it was with their help. I did it with Nicotine gum (allergic to patches and Zyban interfered with my sleep patterns) so it did work.

Good luck

I'm on my 5th day of Champix.

Do make sure you eat before you take them tho cos they can make you feel sooo nauseous :(

I have difficulty taking 2 a day for that reason cos I don't normally eat until evening so I'm forcing myself to eat something just so I can take this pill. I guess that's a sign that I am actually committed to stopping this time - FINALLY :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

10 mins for me and going strong

chimp-smoking.jpg

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

10 mins for me and going strong

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61934[/ATTACH]

Good stuff, It's when you hit the half an hour mark the sweats kick in :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert