• Tweets

• Hi, I have the Sims 4 on Macbook. Over the last year I have paid for multiple add on packs spending a lot of money on them. I bought them all in good faith as my Mac met all the minimum requirements to play them. I have been playing happily for about a year and bought my latest pack just over a week ago. The games were all working fine yesterday. Then suddenly today EA released a new app to launch the games and this new app requires a MAC OS that my computer cannot use. Now suddenly none of my games are accessible and I am unable to play anything. They did not warn us about this change in requirements and if I had known they would be doing this I wouldn't have bought all these add ons as they are now all totally unusable. The games themselves have not changed, only their app to launch them and I can't afford to buy a brand new mac just to play. So my question is how can they change the minimum requirements after I have paid for a game? I agreed to pay for them based on the fact my mac met their requirements and was not informed when purchasing that this would be an issue in the future. I understand new games (like Sims 5 which is to be released next year) might not be compatible but this is a 10yr old game that they have suddenly made inaccessible due to their new launch app. Does anybody know if I can do anything or anyway to get a partial refund from them? Thanks   Here are their T&C... I can't find anything in there about them being able to do this so not sure what to do https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
    • OK. Thank you all for the input.  I'll ignore their letters of demand but NEVER ignore a letter of claim. I'm bracing myself for the stress as their demands £££ goes up and the case gets sent to debt collectors. 
    • OK.  It was worth a try. Their case is still pants and they have broken their own Code of Practice numerous times.
    • @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Golfscape

well i guess it was informative, there isnt a list but it would be a good idea for someone to do one.

Someone has to start somewhere, as it was your idea i thought you might like to start one.

Have i done somehting wrong?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Southyorksman

"I cannot claim that I could have done something else with that money, say pay off another debt also because if I had I would be back £100 over my O?D limit and eligible to be charged the 2% rate."

You weren't o/d until the bank charged you so, yes, there could have been something else you could have done with the money. Your resources have been diverted into paying money that has been taken unlawfully. If you are using your bank account, rather than letting it lie dormant, you will have drifted in and out of o/d as money came in and was paid out. If you are living up to the extent of your income, say, then the effect of those charges will be to reduce your spending power - so you are being denied benefit. As you put money in, it's being used first to pay off those charges. The likelihood is that you will face further charges as your money runs out, incurring further interest, etc.

The interest you are being charged is further denial of benefit, and unjust enrichment on the bank's part, to boot.

"This is why I can't claim the charges plus interest arising plus the statutory 8%, isn't it?"

You can claim everything the bank has unlawfully taken from you - including interest charged - plus recompense for denial of benefit.

The logic of your argument is that you can't reclaim anything, because you haven't paid it. The hole in the logic is that the bank expects you to pay it and, if you don't, it will pursue you for it. Even if every penny you win goes to pay off what the bank claims you owe it, you are removing and wiping out an illusory so-called debt.

If the court disagrees with you, it will let you know.

Hope that helps

I'm still not convinced by this arguement, the benefit the bank subsequently enjoyed from applying the charges is the interest from the overdraft interest rate (ie the contractual interest). In that by levying the charge they debited the charge from my account, (ie they lent me the money to pay it) whereupon the charge was paid and they then only benefitted by lending the money back to me and charging the contractual interest which they also then lent to me and which I am also claiming back.

The court, as I understand it, works on the principle of equity , putting the parties back in the position they would have been in had not the unlawful event happened.

Your arguement ssems to be that I should further claim damages (at 8% statutory interest) in compensation for the loss of utility on the money taken in charges and the subsequent resultant interest the bank took unlawfully.

Q1.) How the f...heck (changed :o)) do I calculate that on a changing daily amount going back 6 years

Q2.) Again surely the bank would rightfully argue that if I had done anything else with the amount of money the bank took from account for charges then my account balance would have been reduced by an equivalent amount and an equivalent amount of interest would still have lawfully been deducted from my bank account. (ie the contractual interest already is the bank's ill gotten gains)

IAN:confused:

I'm still not convinced by this arguement, the benefit the bank subsequently enjoyed from applying the charges is the interest from the overdraft interest rate (ie the contractual interest). In that by levying the charge they debited the charge from my account, (ie they lent me the money to pay it) whereupon the charge was paid and they then only benefitted by lending the money back to me and charging the contractual interest which they also then lent to me and which I am also claiming back.

The court, as I understand it, works on the principle of equity , putting the parties back in the position they would have been in had not the unlawful event happened.But they also do not believe that one part should be able to benifit from commiting a wrong as in this case the bank have commited the wrong in taking your money via unlawful charges thus while they have had this money from the date they took it they have been able to benifit from it weather investing it or relending it or paying bills they have had the use of it and thus been benifited from it so to stop people from gaining benifit from an unlawful act the courts have statory interest (sec 69 8%) in place to remove any benifit of this money now the problem is where should this ,money go as to give it back to the defendant means they have been enriched by their actions and to give it to the claiment means they are being enriched but as the courts look at it is as the claiment is not the wrong doer but the victim therefore any enrichment that the defendant has gained should thus be passed on to the claiment for their loss and denial of use of the initial unlawful act

Your arguement ssems to be that I should further claim damages (at 8% statutory interest) in compensation for the loss of utility on the money taken in charges and the subsequent resultant interest the bank took unlawfully. It is not an argument it is within the courts power to grant it and is set down in law as a means of disgorging the wrong doer of any benifit they gained from the unlawful act

Q1.) How the f...heck (changed :o)) do I calculate that on a changing daily amount going back 6 years Vamps speadsheets

Q2.) Again surely the bank would rightfully argue that if I had done anything else with the amount of money the bank took from account for charges then my account balance would have been reduced by an equivalent amount and an equivalent amount of interest would still have lawfully been deducted from my bank account. (ie the contractual interest already is the bank's ill gotten gains) Not if you were in overdraft then you would have been charged less interest on your borrowing also it is not down to the claimant to prove what the banks did with the money the mere fact that the money was taken unlawfully is suffcient to show you were deprived of the money and its benifit(thus unable to get a new game for your kids that week have a haircut whatever ) whilist the banks had your money to lend to someone else abd gain interest back on it and make a profit thus enriching them from the unlawful act

hope this helps

• Haha 1

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

The court, as I understand it, works on the principle of equity , putting the parties back in the position they would have been in had not the unlawful event happened.

Your arguement ssems to be that I should further claim damages (at 8% statutory interest) in compensation for the loss of utility on the money taken in charges and the subsequent resultant interest the bank took unlawfully.

Q1.) How the f...heck (changed :o)) do I calculate that on a changing daily amount going back 6 years

Q2.) Again surely the bank would rightfully argue that if I had done anything else with the amount of money the bank took from account for charges then my account balance would have been reduced by an equivalent amount and an equivalent amount of interest would still have lawfully been deducted from my bank account. (ie the contractual interest already is the bank's ill gotten gains)

I think this whole argument about deprival of benefit from funds perhaps carries a bit more weight when it is applied to Business accounts ?

Yes, as a Consumer, you could perhaps have used the money, and put it into a high interest account, or bought a PEP or ISA or Premium Bonds or whatever,...........but it's arguable that you may also have just spent it down the pub (or the shoe shop, if your a girl :razz: )

However, as a Business account customer,then you are truly being deprived of benefit and it is more readily demonstrable.

In my own case, just getting by was a constant struggle for many years, and the VERY VERY much needed extra resources to expand, buy new equipment, produce promotional material etc was never ever available. I can see, looking back at the figures now, that had I not had the burden of the charges, that money would have been available, and growth would have been more readily possible. Instead I was constantly pleading for extra money for such purposes, but was never loaned it (funny, how they were happy to quickly offer unsecured loans at high commercial rates to repay any borowing though) !!

I also noticed that in some years the Bank actually made more money from my business than I did !!!!

Eventually things became so difficult that I suffered a very serious stress related illness, that i was very very lucky to survive.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

"I think this whole argument about deprival of benefit from funds perhaps carries a bit more weight when it is applied to Business accounts ?"

It doesn't matter if the injured party is an individual, owner-operated business or body corporate. The bank's behaviour is no different towards any of the three categories - the injury is exactly the same, so the remedy is exactly the same.

Statutory interest is at 8% (or whatever the court decides) regardless of prevailing interest rates, whether they're lower than 8%, as now, or higher, as in the early 1990s.

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

"I think this whole argument about deprival of benefit from funds perhaps carries a bit more weight when it is applied to Business accounts ?"

It doesn't matter if the injured party is an individual, owner-operated business or body corporate. The bank's behaviour is no different towards any of the three categories agreed, yes, their actions are the same - the injury is exactly the same, Afraid I disagee here, the injury is not universally the same. Yes you could argue that such charges are depriving a consumer of the same amount, but that is where it stops. It would not then also affect their income.

However, depriving a business customer of the same amount, is also very likely depriving them of their future potential to earn, and so does affect their income, so the injury is twofold. so the remedy is exactly the same.

Statutory interest is at 8% (or whatever the court decides) regardless of prevailing interest rates, whether they're lower than 8%, as now, or higher, as in the early 1990s.

Westy, I see what you are saying, and to be honest, I am only really throwing personal arguments and grievances around here.

If arguing for Contractual on the grounds of restitution, on what principle should restitution be sought?

On the grounds that the Banks have unjustly gained and certainly more than 8%, so should be taken back to the point before such gains?

Or does one argue restitution on the grounds of the claimants loss? If the latter, I am saying that a Business claimants loss would likely be greater.

Regardless of that, to play Devil's advocate for a moment, yes I can see that it is dificult to try to plead any attempt at restitution on the grounds of the Claimants loss, as this is an unquantifiable sum.

However, it is a lot more certain that the Banks would have gained to a much greater extent than a mere 8%, and to my mind correcting that should be the primary objective of restitution. I would even go so far as to say that if all of such sums recovered did not all go to the claimant, I would be happy to see them go to a public body or even the inland Revenue.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

i dont see the argument that you may have spent the moeny is viable its argumnetative and carries no weight other than to **** the claimant off if was said in court.

As a point of interest, due to my debts i stopped contributing to my personal pension plan, the returns vary but on one of my plans i have achived growth of 30% over a 12 month period, i wouldnt argue i could get this all the time but it is interesting to me at least that the argument that the 8% stat rate is generous is quite obviousely not particualrly generous in investment terms.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

i dont see the argument that you may have spent the moeny is viable its argumnetative and carries no weight other than to **** the claimant off if was said in court.

Glenn,

Yes, we've all had this discussion before, and it seems to be an ever recurring theme on this thread.

Does one argue Contractual interest based upon:

1/ Restitution. Returning both parties to the state they were before the charges. (hard to determine the Defendants gains, and also requires speculation regards the Claimants possible losses)

2/ Disgorgment. Forcing the Defendant to give up their ill gotten gains.

(Hard to determine the defendants gains)

3/ Equity. Pure and simple. The fact that what is fair for one side to do, the other may do by return. (Probably the best and simplest approach, but requires a strong argument for the basis in law to do this)

As a point of interest, due to my debts i stopped contributing to my personal pension plan, the returns vary but on one of my plans i have achived growth of 30% over a 12 month period, i wouldnt argue i could get this all the time but it is interesting to me at least that the argument that the 8% stat rate is generous is quite obviousely not particualrly generous in investment terms.

Interesting......and I bet this was because the pension company had stocks in Banks !! :rolleyes:

Glenn

Photoman

PM

I hoping to sort out my next claims against abbey this weekend im going to use CI plus some other ideas in the laternative and have you heard of the term account of profits?

COuld be interesting if the judge takes it up.

My last judge thought my arguments common sense but couched in terms of CI he wasnt going to award it.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Sounds very interesting?

If you've hit on another angle maybe keep your reasonings a bit hush till after the case? Never know who's watchin !!

Interested to throw it about though so, maybe Pm me or any of the other CI stalwarts !!;)

Hello, I posted some questions in a new thread but haven't got the responses needed yet. Could some one help me out please as I would like to get moving asap?

This is what I posted:

1) In my banks T&C's it states the unauthorised interest rate at 19.9%EAR but next to it its got 18.37%p.a. If I was to claim contractual interest should I use the EAR figure or the p.a. figure?

2) Putting the pros and cons of claiming contractual interest aside, is there any reason why I shouldn't put contractual interest in my prelim and then if I decide not to go to court for it, only put statutory in my court claim? I figure that this way I'm "guaranteed" to get interest of some type, either contractual before court or statutory after court claim stage. Is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't do it this way?

Thanks for the help. :rolleyes::cool::)

I'm not really a Big Fat Greedy Banker so please don't treat me like one. ;)

Hello, I posted some questions in a new thread but haven't got the responses needed yet. Could some one help me out please as I would like to get moving asap?

This is what I posted:

1) In my banks T&C's it states the unauthorised interest rate at 19.9%EAR but next to it its got 18.37%p.a. If I was to claim contractual interest should I use the EAR figure or the p.a. figure?

2) Putting the pros and cons of claiming contractual interest aside, is there any reason why I shouldn't put contractual interest in my prelim and then if I decide not to go to court for it, only put statutory in my court claim? I figure that this way I'm "guaranteed" to get interest of some type, either contractual before court or statutory after court claim stage. Is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't do it this way?

Thanks for the help. :rolleyes::cool::)

I have used the EAR

The court, as I understand it, works on the principle of equity , putting the parties back in the position they would have been in had not the unlawful event happened

Oh good then I can claim the interest I am paying on my remortgage then from using my equity to repay these penalty charges.

The only way I am going to be put back in the same position.;)

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Oh good then I can claim the interest I am paying on my remortgage then from using my equity to repay these penalty charges.

The only way I am going to be put back in the same position.;)

Milly X

Yes, you have to be returned to the position you were in before any damage was incurred.

Tide

Hello, I have this posted elsewhere but haven't any response yet, thought i'd put it here as it's similar topic- sorry if i'm hijacking!

I've got a thread for my RBS charges claim but I think this is a different issue, I hope i've posted it in the right place.

Due to RBS making sure that we were permanently skint we've had a number of loans over the years from Provident.(stupid, I know!) We always approached the bank first but were always turned down flat and Provident have saved our skin loads of times when the bank wouldn't help, but their interest rates are atrocious, £6150 in loans over the last 5 or so years has resulted in interest of £3852.20!!!

I hear that some people have had success claiming interest on loans that they would not have needed if it weren't for the penalty charges they incurred. I also know that we wouldn't have gone near the 'Provi' if we hadn't had to.

My question is can we claim this interest back? Our charges claim with RBS is for over £7k making the amount borrowed from Provi almost the same amount.

How do I go about getting this started? Are there templates for this purpose? Has anyone any advice or experience on this?

Thanks, SM:p

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.

Sn00psmum,

You need to make a SAR to both organisations (see my thread for the full version or go to the Library). Any charges made by the Provi or the RBS are also subject to interest which you can reclaim. Get the details of these via the SAR then make your claim. In the interim, tell them the account is in dispute, therefore they cannot charge any further interest, send threatening letters or make any phone calls.

I would be particularly interested in any charges made by the Provi. How can they do this - does the interest or term of the loan extend?

Tide

Hello Tide and thanks for the reply. I don't need to do an SAR for either, I already have an ongoing claim with RBS for charges here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/64019-sn00psmum-dad-rbs.html

and the Provident loans are all in a book as they are a doorstep loan company where people go if they can't get credit elsewhere or need an emergency cash loan. They do not charge any penalty fees as such, just extortionate interest, around 60% I think!!

Am I right in thinking then that we have no claim against Provident but that we can claim the interest on the Provi loans back from RBS as it's basically their fault that we had to go to the Provi?

SM:razz:

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.

SM,

I have had other replies, and where a payment is missed with the Provi, the length of the loan is extended and therefore the amount of interest increases. My Mother used these years ago hence my interest, and the fact that they are doorstep and deal with the vulnerable eg. bereavement - get a Provi for the funeral etc.

Regarding RBS, you would need to show that they have put you in a difficult position, and as a result of the position you were in, you incurred a loss.

If you were bombarded by charges, and as a result had to take out a loan on the doorstep (as your credit record was damaged) at an extortionate amount of interest as the Provi charge, then this must be considered to be a loss.

Can you calculate this loss?

Tide

Hi again:)

I know exactly how much interest I have been charged by the Provi over the years as it's all here in b&w in my book, it's the figure in my first post above. And you're right, they do prey on the vulnerable & desperate

As for RBS, they know exactly what position they have put us in, they have systematically pushed us further and further into debt (along with many others) in order to enrich themselves. We have pointed this out to them on a number of occasions to no avail. They have bounced countless DDs & SOs (including some for their own products- can they do this?)causing default on a few of them including vehicle, life & home insurance. We now have a claim on our home insurance from a neighbour whose house has been damaged due to a leak from our boiler. It's been found in their favour to the tune of over £1100 and we don't know where we stand with it as due to the bank we may not have been covered!! We are paying a ludicrous rate of interest on our mortgage as due to our crappy credit score (thanks RBS!) we are considered high risk. We have temporarily withdrawn our claim for a refund of charges from RBS as I had initially miscalculated the amount. I stated in a letter to them that I would submit a new claim once the necessary amendments had been made. They took this opportunity to sell our debt with them onto Moorcroft Debt Recovery within a couple of days. We now have 7 days to repay the entire debt even though they know very well that the account remains in dispute. This is the fastest reaction I have ever seen from them!! They have all but killed our small business by not understanding basic cashflow issues with small businesses. Sorry to go on but I don't think they realise that the effect of these charges creeps into every aspect of peoples' lives :-x

Anyway, rant over- I feel better now!

SM:p

Very useful A-Z here:

Scottish procedure:

Originally Posted by BigFatGreedyBanker viewpost.gif

This is what I posted:

Thanks for the help. :rolleyes::cool::-)

I have used the EAR

Thanks Tanzarelli.

Any idea on item 2 anyone?

I'm not really a Big Fat Greedy Banker so please don't treat me like one. ;)