PCN 19 - Help, need advice on "invalid permit / voucher"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Last week I received a PCN (19) for being:

"Parked in a resident or shared use a parking place displaying an invalid permit, an invalid voucher or an invalid pay and display ticket".

My allocated residence parking bay had been dug up by workmen for a good week or so, which meant I had to park on the main road that requires a daily permit (scratch voucher). I've included a scanned image of the front and back of both the permit and the PCN. I had used the daily permits without a problem, but last week I forgot to enter the registration number on a voucher for a particular day - the day, month and year were all scratched off as they should have been. But as I forgot the reg number I got slapped with a £40 (£80 if after 14 days) fine!

I've got several daily permits that I used before this which I thought might help convince the council that I wasn't trying to avoid paying, and infact to show I had paid for a permit on the day I got fined, and entered the date so it couldn't be used again on another date.

I would really appreciate any advice on the best way to challenge this.

(I'm trying to upload images..... but having trouble finding the 'Manage Attachments' button)

Thanks

J