VG - Vs Northen Rock - Charging Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is indeed frontloaded as the loanprotect was added to the loan

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Because there has been a lot of publicity about front loaded single premium policies in the press which all points in the consumers favour.

The FSA,FOS,CC have all been regulating against it also.

In fact the FOS has been upholding 80% of claims they have been dealing with and that is now rising.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

That's good to hear pompey, you mentioned last night to right back and disagree with there fianl response, I'm useless at thistype of thing, I'll have a look at some threads on here to see if I can draft some type of letter together.

You're a star pompey.

Can I ask this, if in the end the complaint is upheld and any PPI is refunded does that mean the loan is questionable?

What I mean is I believe the loan was granted ONLY because PPI was taken out.

They would have given you the impression that you could only take out the loan if you agreed to the PPI. Which is another nail in their coffin. A very definite No No to the powers that be.

Have you sent them a SAR?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Well you are entitled by law to receive all the data they have about you, which would include details of how the loan/PPI were sold and if you are lucky you should get tape recordings. I would forget that they have said it is their full and final response and keep at them. After all, who are they to dictate to you?:mad:

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi Von Greenbach of the two green blobs:).

What did you say to them in your initial letter asking for the PPI to be refunded?

I am not sure if a SAR will help if they say the original phone call was not recorded. Probably a waste of a tenner. I can't help thinking that another letter, now that you have found out about the PPI being added to the initial loan is actually raising another issue therefore you are re-opening the case if you see what I mean.:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

VG- I compained to FOS nearly a year ago.

In November I got fed up waiting and took them to court for premiums and all interest plus judicial interest on top.

They settled out of court last week. The setlement cleared my entire "debt" (No CCA)

Check out my Morgan Stanley Barclaycard CCA thread.

Hi Von Greenbach of the two green blobs:).

Woo hoo :grin:

I nw feel at home :eek: :grin:

What did you say to them in your initial letter asking for the PPI to be refunded?

It was a formal complaint saying that due to receiving a salary from work, and an onging medical condition from birth it was felt that PPI was mis sold.

VG- I compained to FOS nearly a year ago.

In November I got fed up waiting and took them to court for premiums and all interest plus judicial interest on top.

They settled out of court last week. The setlement cleared my entire "debt" (No CCA)

Check out my Morgan Stanley Barclaycard CCA thread.

Hi noomill

How's you?

This complaint relates to my OH, we'd prefer not to go down the FOS route due to the time scale.

There are no template letters or |POCs for PPI claims as every case is different. Have a look at the PoCs in my thread and see if you can adapt it for own situation. I too have a life long condition why was not asked about on the application form, which I did tick and sign!

Bit of a warning, my PoCs are not short, left no avenue of escape open and were intended to intimidate.

They worked.

There are no template letters or |POCs for PPI claims as every case is different. Have a look at the PoCs in my thread and see if you can adapt it for own situation. I too have a life long condition why was not asked about on the application form, which I did tick and sign!

Bit of a warning, my PoCs are not short, left no avenue of escape open and were intended to intimidate.

They worked.

I'll take a look noomill and contact you if I may with any questions I have (which no doubt I will :grin:)

Shoud I go straight for the kill and issue a POC or should I give NR one more chance?

I would give them one final chance, if nothing else it will save you the court fee.

Further to your letter of XX stating that this is your full and final response in this matter, I have since discovered that the insurance was added to the loan balance at its inception and that I have been charged interest from that date. I believe this reinforces my earlier claim and therefore do not consider the matter to be closed.

I am writing to request that the Payment Protection Insurance sold at the time the above loan was taken out be refunded in full to the account, and that interest which has accrued to date be similarly refunded. The amount of the insurance amounts to £, the interest charged to date is

The reasons for reclaiming are:

At no time was I told that PPI could be purchsed elsewhere to cover the loan

We were led to believe that Payment Protection Insurance was compulsory

We were misled into thinking that we would stand more chance of getting the loan if we took the Payment Protection Insurance

It was not explained to us that there were certain exclusions within the policy that could affect us.

The Payment Protection Insurance was added to the loan balance at the outset and at no time was it explained that there were PPI policies where you could pay monthly for substantially lower premiums and which would cover us for the whole term of the loan.

The terms & conditions of the insurance were not fully explained to us - from the tapes received the insurance has been mentioned in passing but no detailed explanation of what we were taking on was given. Additionally the calls where the matter was mentioned were made while both of us were at work and unable to discuss such private matters in any detail.

As we do not have any further information about the insurance we are still unable to successfully review the policy, however

We do not feel that our policy was sold fairly, reasonably and within our best interests so we wish to cancel this policy with immediate effect and require a full refund of the premium and associated interest to be made to our account.

If we do not receive a favourable response from you we will pursue this claim through the County Court without further communication.

This is the letter I sent FP - the first paragraph I have altered to suit your situation but you will need to alter it further. I do think you should go back to them.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Are they still charging you interest even though the loan is with a DMP?

BANK CHARGES

Others