VG - Vs Northen Rock - Charging Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear SH I thought I was understanding all this crap!!!

OK, the defence that you tided up for me above does that cover both issues when I go to my hearing or is that a defence just for the redetermination?

Do I have to do a separate objection letter to stop the interim charging order being finalised?

No, sorry if I have complicated matters for you.

The defence is in fact a combined defence against redetermination, and an objection to the charging order being made final.

As it includes the objection, it should be forwarded to the alleged creditor at least seven days before the hearing.

No further letters are necessary, although you may want to write a covering letter just pointing out that the objection is contained within the defence.

There will also be a letter from your partner stating their objection, which is referred to in the defence, and should be attached.

SH

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm usually the one confusing people SH, I didn't want to send the otherside anything as I don't really want them to get there act together before the hearing and combined with the fact they ignored my CPR 18 request.

Anyway I'll send a copy of my court documents to them.

Hope everythings OK with you SH.

Going through my paperwork I've just come accros a letter issued between the default notice & the N1 claim form being issued.

The letter is requesting the FULL amount and states my agreement is now cancelled.

Does this letter have any bearings on my case?

*I was always under the impression I never received a termination letter my own stupidity for filing it in the wrong place*

Going through my paperwork I've just come accros a letter issued between the default notice & the N1 claim form being issued.

The letter is requesting the FULL amount and states my agreement is now cancelled.

Does this letter have any bearings on my case?

*I was always under the impression I never received a termination letter my own stupidity for filing it in the wrong place*

The answer to this is yes AND no. Sorry to be cryptic.

What it means is that NR can now have no justification for claiming that they had never terminated the agreement. They may well have claimed this in view of the defective DN, claiming that as they had never terminated the agreement, they could issue a fresh, valid DN and then terminate the agreement properly.

This would have been a false claim, as the court claim itself is an effective termination of the agreement, because it demands the repayment of the full balance.

This letter, however, leaves the matter in absolutely no doubt. The agreement was explicitly terminated after the issuance of the invalid default notice. Keep that letter safe!

The situation is still as it was before, just more obviously so.

SH

VG there is some info on defaults here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/132160-really-confused-3.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/95027-cabot-county-court-claim-17.html

RICHARD DURKIN v. DGS RETAIL LIMITED+HFC BANK PLC, 26 March 2008, Sheriff J K Tierney

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/165197-default-notice-re-issue.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/170345-tale-dodgy-dn.html

Apologies if you have seen some of these before....

• Failure of a default notice to be accurate not only invalidates the default notice (Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain and Co - [2001] GCCR 2255) but is a unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the court enforcing any alleged debt, but give me a counter claim for damages Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119

In the CAG Statutes Library http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/statutes-library/27535-consumer-credit-act-1974-a.html#post1209707

Might be worth a browse in there if there's any other documents you need.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That's one of the great things about CAG VG. It has excellent resources. ;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It might be an idea to use a highlighter pen to mark the particular sections you're referring to.

I'm looking for some advice here as something's not right.

I received a defective DN dated 7th then received a "Formal Demand" / Termination letter dated 21st, that's a clear 14 calender days from generating the DN to termination without allowing for postage.

Which part is incorrect, is it the DN by not allowing 14 days or is it the termination letter?

And how do I get which part they've done wrong over to the judge

Hello VB!

Which part is incorrect, is it the DN by not allowing 14 days or is it the termination letter?

The DN is invalid if it has not allowed you 14 Clear days.

The Termination letter cannot really be invalid as such, because it's just a letter to say they have Terminated. In effect, it's just a statement to say they have ended the Agreement. However, that doesn't alter the fact that the Agreement has been ended by them. It's their problem if they have ended the Agreement in a situation that is not ideal for them.

Whatever you do, don't ever say the Termination isn't valid! That is just a statement, like being Pregnant. Someone is either Pregnant or they are not, they can't be half Pregnant.

They have either Terminated or they have not, a letter is sufficient to say they have and there is no going back from that.

Quick summary:

With a valid Agreement, and with a valid Default Notice (that you failed to remedy), then any Termination by them would be Lawful. They can then enjoy the benefits of s87.

With a valid Agreement, and without a valid Default Notice, then the Termination by them would be Unlawful. They then lose any of the entitlements outlined in s87 because they need a valid Default Notice to enjoy them.

Without a valid Agreement, the Default and Termination are irrelevant because there is no Agreement that can be defaulted and there is no Agreement to Terminate...s87 is irrelevent!

And how do I get which part they've done wrong over to the judge

See the above! Plus my other Posts! The answers to all of this are in my other Posts to you, so it may be an idea to go back and re-read them because you must get the issues clear otherwise you'll have trouble getting them over to a Judge on the day.

Cheers,

BRW

Hi BRW

Whatever you do, don't ever say the Termination isn't valid! That is just a statementRW

OK thanks for that, I did state within my defence that termination was unlawful which I'll now amend.

This is quite a long defence and I'm using exhibits from legislation together with your comments / members comments on here there's been quite alot to take in, SH has created assisted brilliantly with my defence which I'm just tidying up.

I feel fairly comfortable with the defence I have.

Hello VB!

OK thanks for that, I did state within my defence that termination was unlawful which I'll now amend.

The Termination was Unlawful if they failed to Serve you with a valid Default Notice before they Terminated.

I think you may be thinking of Unlawful and Invalid as being the same thing.

Don't use the word Invalid when it comes to the Termination, as that suggests it was a mistake and so never happened.

You want it to have happened.

You can use the word Unlawful, because that doesn't affect the validity of the Termination.

It's the same as my Car analogy...just because the speed limit says 70mph, that does not mean someone cannot do 150mph.

70mph = lawful

150mph = unlawful

Both are valid speeds. Doing 150mph cannot be invalid just because it is unlawful. The Car can still do 150mph.

In this case, your Lender Terminated, but Unlawfully at 150mph instead of lawfully at 70mph. That's their tough beans.

I hope that makes sense!

Cheers,

BRW

OK BRW

This is what I'm going to put back in:

The default letter was issued on xxx, the Formal Demand” / termination letter was issued xxxxx.[Exhibit xxx] between issue and termination is an exact 14 calender days, this is without allowing for postal delivery of either letter, and therefore the claimant has acted unlawfully by terminating my agreement and totally disregarded legislation laid down in the details above.

How does that sound?

Hello VG!

Sounds OK...maybe spell it out in tiny tot language so the Judge doesn't miss anything:

The default letter was issued on xxx, the Formal Demand” / termination letter was issued xxxxx.[Exhibit xxx]. Thus, between the Default Notice issue and termination letter issue exactly 14 calender days elapsed. From this evidence it is quite clear that absolutely no allowance had been made for postal delivery of either letter. The alleged Agreement was therefore terminated less than 14 Days after the Date of Service of the Default Notice, rendering the Default Notice invalid and the termination unlawful. The net effect being that the Claimant cannot now enjoy the benefits of s87.

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Typo!
  • Haha 1

Hi

Sorry for the hijack, but would someone mind having a look at this DN my OH received today from MBNA please? It seems like there's a lot of knowledge knocking about on this thread and I was hoping to take advantage!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/156409-lexis200-mbna-just-starting-10.html#post1915298

Thanks

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Update:

My application to have judgement set aside has been listed for a hearing 23rd February together with the redertimination and final charging order.

There is an advantage and disadvantage with the new date, the advantage is it will give the claimants more time to decide whether they have a winable case based of unlawfully termination of the agreement and defective DN.

The disadvantage being it will allow the claimants more time to prepare an attack based on the defective DN and unlawfully termination of the agreement.

Update:

My application to have judgement set aside has been listed for a hearing 23rd February together with the redertimination and final charging order.

There is an advantage and disadvantage with the new date, the advantage is it will give the claimants more time to decide whether they have a winable case based of unlawfully termination of the agreement and defective DN.

The disadvantage being it will allow the claimants more time to prepare an attack based on the defective DN and unlawfully termination of the agreement.

I do feel it is a significant step in the right direction, though. It will at least give you the chance to put your case forward that judgment should never have been awarded against you in the first place. You never had that chance before.

SH

Good luck VG your case is now before mine. I too am glad I requested the adjournment. I have since found out about the attempted deception the solicitors have made and how the court cocked up.

I know you wish the date was Friday but at least you have more time to collate evidence etc and build up a better defence.

Keep posting.

Hammyhound