Help required ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello minimes,

Re lost mail please see this thread of mine re lost mail.:eek:

Royal Mail - Losing it! alanalana

The compensation for me on three lost items was three books of first class stamps and yet they lost my bank account details, including sort codes, account numbers, loan account numbers, addresses Post codes etc.

IMO it is a waste of time complaining to them best go straight to your MP.

aa

i never thought of that, i havent bothered to file a complaint cause i didnt see much point and have just resent it, but thinking that my personal details are floating around isnt good, thanks aa

:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for encouragement - will keep you all posted and hopefully SANTA will bring us all some nice presents on Christmas Eve - ALL DEBT CLEARED - well it is panto season - I can but live in dream land for a few weeks.

Who knows what the postman will deliver next week - but I will keep my chin up -

Seasons greetings to all - Roors:wink:

Edited by roors
Change of Title to incorporate all reasons for seeking help

Dear All

Hope you're doing better than me - update

PPI Reclaim - Lloyds - received letter yesterday advising that they had not finished completing investigations and would have to wait until 13 Jan - their full 8 weeks.

With regards to MBNA and Egg had letters from them advising they were investigating - another stall tactic - me thinks.

As far as the Credit Cards are concerned I've not received any CCA's from any company request was made 2 December - what's my next course of action - do I re-letter?

Also I've not made any payment this month to MBNA - should I make a token payment?:-?

Can someone please respond - I'm beginning to feel alone again.

Thanks

roors

Dear All

PPI Reclaim - Lloyds - received letter yesterday advising that they had not finished completing investigations and would have to wait until 13 Jan - their full 8 weeks.

With regards to MBNA and Egg had letters from them advising they were investigating - another stall tactic - me thinks.

As far as the Credit Cards are concerned I've not received any CCA's from any company request was made 2 December - what's my next course of action - do I re-letter?

Also I've not made any payment this month to MBNA - should I make a token payment?:-?

Can someone please respond - I'm beginning to feel alone again.

Thanks

roors

Hello Roors,

With ca requests you allow 12 working days and you have to give them 2 days for postage, so If you sent it on the 2nd dec, they have until the 23rd to comply after that date they have breached your legal request. Then you have rights as to whether or not to pay them;)

Is this the first time that you will miss a payment with them and when was it due to be paid

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

hi hellhasnofury

thanx for replying - yes its 1st time I've missed full payment - payment was due on 12th - what do you suggest?

Also with regards to other cards I've maintained payments on them - next payments aren't due until beginning Jan 09 - if I've not had any response do I default or let them continue.

roors:???:

Update - received CCA from Egg - it has my signature and dated June 2003.

What should I check for - it also details interest rates - but from memory don't think it gave a limit - haven't really had time to examine it properly due to the fact my OH no's nothing of my debts - and hopefully never will.

:confused:

Hello roors,

PPI Reclaim - Lloyds - received letter yesterday advising that they had not finished completing investigations and would have to wait until 13 Jan - their full 8 weeks. (This is a standard practice to delay repaying. If you get no satisfactory response by then, you should either start a Court action or submit a very serious complaint to the Information Commissioner Office or both)

With regards to MBNA and Egg had letters from them advising they were investigating - another stall tactic - me thinks. ( Withoudt a doubt delaying tactics are the name of the game ie we know we have lost the PPI battle we will just make it a little bit harder and a lot longer before we pay you back)

As far as the Credit Cards are concerned I've not received any CCA's from any company request was made 2 December - what's my next course of action - do I re-letter? They have 14 days to comply with a cca request failure to comply means a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. Your account can then be placed into dispute as no Valid of the copy of the cca has been produced.

so I've not made any payment this month to MBNA - should I make a token payment?:confused: (your choice again looking at the previous posts If no payment has been made then they could get a bit miffy with that but who knows.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Update - received CCA from Egg - it has my signature and dated June 2003.

What should I check for - it also details interest rates - but from memory don't think it gave a limit - haven't really had time to examine it properly due to the fact my OH no's nothing of my debts - and hopefully never will.

:confused:

Hello Roors,

This little bit of information from the financial services authority, may cheer you up:-D

Egg fined £721,000 and will compensate PPI customers

Now as regards your credit agreement, can you possibly scan and post it up for others to see, omitting your personal details please.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi AA & HHNF

Thanx for responses - will scan the agreement but will be Tuesday b4 I can do that - need to wait until I've got no-one about.

roors

No problem we will have a look tuesday;-) do it on photobucket so we will be able to see it properly. Photobucket is a free website you can subscribe to:D

A quick update - emailed egg on Saturday to request a freeze on interest payments due to financial difficulties and advised that I was currently reclaiming PPI refund from them - just checked my emails and they have responsed - the PPI claim has been rejected as I took out the eggcard for a balance transfer and accordingly ppi was included - any thoughts on what to do:confused:

I have emailed back and said that I didn't know that ppi was a pre-requiste of balance transfering and if they were not going to refund all premiums plus interest I would refer matter to fos.

Hi All

Hope you all had a pleasant Christmas

I'm having difficulty putting my CCA from egg on - its being scanned as an adobe file and photobucket won't let me do it - can someone help!!!!

Hi

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas break - back to reality now though.

Still haven't managed to get my cca from egg rescanned as a photo - but will try again on Monday - with regards the other cards that haven't bothered to comply with my requests from cca's do I stop paying them? I have paid MBNA for 2 months, but have yet to default on Barclaycard - but neither of them responded to my requests.

Still trying to get a response from Lloyds with regards PPI refund - but will keep the pressure on.

Does any have any suggestions with how I proceed on the egg ppi reclaim - see post above - now received official letter from them advising that ppi was taken out may 2004, but according to my cca i took card out in june 2003 - something not right - would really like someone to respond :???:

With your Egg PPI I would write back and point out the discrepency and ask for their final response so you can then go to the FOS if they still fob you off.

If the PPI shows on your CCA then you took it out at the time of application surely and not on a balance transfer:confused:

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Hi P

Thanks for response will get letter off to them on Monday - I did email when they responded to my request for interest freeze and have not had a response - but will send off the official second letter to them - how long do they get for 2nd letter is it 14 working days?

Will keep you posted - still haven't received any further correspondence from the rest of my creditors - which is a bit worrying - no phone calls demanding payment - but I'm sure they start soon.

Thanks P

Emailed Egg this morning and hope to get a response - just checked my online statement and despite asking them to freeze interest they have increased my minimum payment and are still charging ppi to my account - any suggestions anyone:confused:.

roors

Hi P

I assumed when I asked for refunds of premiums they would have cancelled it - but how stupid am I - what do you make of the increase in minimum payment - there have been no transactions on the account other the ppi and monthly interest and the payment has been £50 for about 2 years?

Hi

Haven't been told of any interest changes - so don't understand the increase - emailed them earlier but have not had a response yet - I have also advised them that I want ppi cancelled with immediate effect.

I have also managed to get a copy of my agreement scanned - can you look at it and see if its ok - there were also about 30 pages of terms and conditions - but they look like they were just downloaded from the internet. - Also no mention of ppi included anywhere.

User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Hi

I don't know when it first appears - according to egg I started it in 2004 nearly 1 year after taking card out - I've been on the sick several times over the years and if I'd know it was there would have claimed - so I don't remember asking for it.

Is the CCA enforceable?

I am not an expert, but I hear egg credit card agreements usually are.

If you start a thread in the Debt forum asking someone to take a look at it, you will get a better opinion.

You need to SAR egg for a copy of the phone call that sold you the PPI. Dont take their word for it.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.