Mbna collections warning

shaaarn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a phone call today from mbna chasing up payments on a credit card debt I am behind on. They are saying that if I don't make a £200 payment tonight they will pass my account onto collections.

Sorry to be naive but what are the consequences of this as I will struggle to make so much of a payment?

I wouldn't worry too much about their demands, only you can say how much you can reasonably afford, so any demand from them is going to be heavilly biased in favour of them getting as much as they can. many people only make a token payment of £1 per month because that's all they can afford due to changes in their circumstances. The courts don't make them pay any more than that, so why should anyone else.

When did you take out the credit card?

What is the current balance?

And are there are a lot of charges on the account? MBNA usually like to shovel these on.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you so much for the very quick replies guys. I must admit this shook me today but you have reassured me so much. The debt is approx 13k and was taken out about 5 years ago, I have paid the minimum ever since but haven't been able to for a few months. I asked for my cc after looking at this forum but unfortunately they sent a copy of it to me.

Thank you so much for the very quick replies guys. I must admit this shook me today but you have reassured me so much. The debt is approx 13k and was taken out about 5 years ago, I have paid the minimum ever since but haven't been able to for a few months. I asked for my cc after looking at this forum but unfortunately they sent a copy of it to me.

Shaaarn,

How do you know the CCA is enforceable. I thought most of mine were until I came on this site and people said it was not.

Perhaps scan the "agreement" on so the experts can take a look, it's worth it.

Hammyhound

I know this goes against what people say but I phoned mbna and told them I wouldn't be paying. They firstly extended the deadline to today and then explained they would be shut down if they held onto the debt any longer than that.

I asked what happens next and it was explained that it would be sold to a DCA ands that I should have contact within a week. I was told I can phone back later on in the week to find out who the DCA is.

How do I find out how much it was sold for?

Should I cc the newly appointed dca?

hello shaaarn

im in battle with mbna too, in your last post i can relate to what you are saying and i can laugh out loud at their responce, this is what i had too, and im still waiting, mind you diff your debt is much higher than mine so if they do this remains to be seen

i really can only emphasise from my own experience that now i do not talk with them, send them a harrasement letter earlier in the year as they were constantly calling passed me to thier nco rma collections teams, and i only respond in wirting when i feel appropiate, i now have fos complaints going

pls scan the cca for us all to view then good advice will follow

they are pushing you to pay, but if you can only afford your amount and you are happy in sending do so, but i would really get advice on the cca first from us to then see what your real options are

dont feel low its all good i promise things that ive learnt from here, im in awe and i cannot express my gratitude to all who have helped me -

take care for now and dont worry and i will pop over and view this thread later to see if you have scanned your agreement

ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thanks for the advice max good luck with your claim.

This morning I received a text from someone unknown offering 60% off but doesn't state what this is for? I eventually realized the text no. is very similar to mbna's.

hiya shaaarn

i can only say to you to keep reading all the threads about mban and their antics you will see for yourself what happens,

that also is just so predictable from them or their chasers, and once you look into accepting say their offer, it will come with strings attached, so pls beware

there are ways to do a full and final settlement and to do it right if thats what you wish to happen in the future

for now lets see the cca and then take it from there

keep happy ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Ignore the text, keep it as they are not supposed to be doing this, and complain to your local trading standards, they have breached the Consumer Credit regulations and are clutching at straws.

If you get any more letters there is a letter in the templates which basically says ... I CCAd you, you failed to produce legible docs, disappear.