• Tweets

• They wont take you to court. I'm not sure what they'll do about the letters and if they will or wont send you the letters from their retail prevention company, but you can ignore those letters. You'll be just fine don't worry.
    • Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA/Restons claimform - old A+L Card **WON+COSTS**

fairbyblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Hope it goes exceedingly well for you.

I am still at early stages with MBNA.

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

The dodgy agreement is the first line of defence

the second DN after termination is dodgy in itself so you need all the evidence to prove that this is dodgy (just in case they overcome the matter of not regarding the termination as valid)

the matter of the termination i feel should be thoroughly prepared for as i think you are going to have to show that you accepted an unlawful termination (repudiation) and refer to contract law rather than cca regulations to get your acceptance of the repudiation accepted

IMO

this might be of help

Repudiation and retraction

When such an event occurs, the performing party to the contract is excused from having to fulfill his or her obligations. However, the repudiation can be retracted by the promising party so long as there has been no material change in the position of the performing party in the interim. A retraction of the repudiation restores the performer's obligation to perform on the contract.

If the promising party's repudiation makes it impossible to fulfill its promise, then retraction is not possible and no act by the promising party can restore the performing party's obligations under the contract. For example, if A promises to give B a unique sculpture in exchange for B painting A's house, but A then sells the sculpture to C before B begins the job, this act by A constitutes an anticipatory repudiation which excuses B from performing. Once the sculpture has left A's possession, there is no way that A can fulfill the promise to give the sculpture to B.

The question arises as to why any party would want to provide notice of anticipatory breach. The reason is that once the performing party is informed of the anticipatory breach, a duty is then created for the performing party to mitigate damages as a result of the breach. Another situation where anticipatory repudiation can occur is where a party has reason to believe the other party is not going to perform and requests reasonable assurances that the other party will perform (see UCC 2-609(1)). If such reasonable assurances are not given, it will constitute anticipatory repudiation, for which the performing party has various remedies, including termination. However, anticipatory repudiation only applies to a bilateral executory contract with non-performed duties on both sides. Additionally, the repudiation must be unequivocal.

You will note in your terms and conditions par 10 that the Bank has the right to contractually terminate the agreement at any time - if it does so you are liable to repay the outstanding balance. In other words the Bank does not have to serve a default notice which is only required if the Bank wants to bring the agreement to an end because of a failure to pay arrears or some other breach.

Paragraph 10 allows the Bank to terminate the agreement for any reason i.e. not a reason based on a breach of the agreement.

In other words the Bank does not have to rely on the default notice.

The Bank will prepared to settle amicably by agreeing a total figure which is less than the balance but cannot accept what has been offered thus far.

HEHE HAHA HEHE Sorry im avin a laugh ere its amusing if nothing else i though the whole reason for signing an agreement is that they will accept repayment by way of monthly installments.

It seems they want the cake and to eat it.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Is it right a LIP gets £9.25 per hour cos with 3 hearings,travelling time and 14 letters @ £12 each and 50hours preparation its upto £741.75 costs. (They wont pay that surely if it goes my way):confused:

Why not? theyd certainly try to get you for the same

And a whole load more bazaar im glad i did not have to pay costs as it was 10 times that figure.

FBB i really do know how you are feeling right now, so get a good nights sleep and block it out until the morning oh and believe me when i say it really is not as bad as you would think i can honestly say i enjoyed my time at court.

Finally i wish you all the luck.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restons have emailed me a new statement !!!!! and another little email at the same time

at 19.46hrs

We enclose by way of service witness statement which we will ask

permission to rely on tomorrow.

Section 87 of the CCA states that a default notice is required where the

creditor wishes to terminate the agreement and claim the amount owed "by

reason of nay breach by the debtor...."

You will be aware that clause 10 of the Bank's terms and conditions

allows our client to terminate the agreement at any time and can do so

without having to demonstrate that you have breached any terms of the

agreement. It can terminate the agreement without serving a default

notice - which means that any alleged defect with the default notice is

irrelevant as it was not needed in the first place as our client will

rely on its contractual right to terminate the agreement. Your amended

defence states that the agreement is terminated.

and

a separate one

without my name on or anything like that

Without Prejudice

Hearing tomorrow

Our client is still prepared to reach amicable and sensible terms of settlement .

and here is statemnt from Emma Griffiths dunno who she is.

notice they not dated !!!

also in para 3 she states that these were used in 2006, i took my card out in 2005.

statementgriffits.jpg

I've typed the rest as its difficult to scan as they sent it in PDF form.

4. I accept that the credit agreement in the present claim was executed in November 2005 but can confirm from my own knowledge of working within the bank that the right retained in para 11 has been a standard clause of the banks terms and conditions in credit agreements issued by the claimant well before 2005

5. As explained in witness statemnt signed by Dianne Powell on 29 April 2009 the default notice exhibited in her witness statemnt is a recreated copy from the claimants computer system. The version recieved by the defendent would of contained the full details of the claimant - including name and address.

I dont want all this at this late stage. Help

Edited by fairbyblue

I would think you can object to this new statement, why does ole Diane not want to turn up? Maybe she doesnt want to perjure herself.

You can always say, you received this e-mail so late that there was no time to respond and the other side appear to be abusing the process by submitting new evidence well after Court orders.

That WS is not clear, what is on it?

I don't think MBNA has really thought this through. If they really want to say their nasty Credit Cards are repayable on demand...great!

Let the whole blurdy world know that, and then see how many people will want to keep their nasty Cards, let alone sign up for a new one.

I can feel a new satirical MBNA Credit Card advert coming, sung in the style of Jonny Cash...

Monday: woke up, got outta bed, applied me for a dang new MBNA Card! Gotta be outta my head!

Chorus: kick the habit, drop the poo, I'd never have an MBNA card if I were you!

Tuesday: Lordy, lordy, fook me, but that darn new MBNA Card arrived, what could I do!

Chorus: kick the habit, drop the poo, I'd never have an MBNA card if I were you!

Wednesday: rode right into town, and used me MBNA Card to buy me a rocking hot £5k sofa in a nice shade of black!

Thursday: hot damn, I got the blues, when MBNA broke the news about Clause 10 and the £5k I now gotta pay!

Friday: found myself in the poo sitting on a £5k black sofa as black as my mood, cos I just don't own the varmit!

Saturday: I'm a happy buckaroo, broke the news to MBNA their crap-darn Card and satan Sofa are both in the Skiparoo outside...come and get'em boys!

Sunday: payback time, I sank some suds in the pub, and sang me this song to 230,235* CAG cowpokes who all swore on Jesus H they'll never, I say never have an MBNA card in their goddam lives!

Chorus (one last time): kick the habit, drop the poo, I'd never have an MBNA card if I were you!

*CAG members as of 20:13 on 06/08/2009!

Spread the word folks, MBNA Cards are repayable on demand! Drop them like hot cakes!

The end of Credit Cards is on the cards, owing to a winning combination of banker arrogance, and being unable to see further than the end of their stupidity.

Who in their right mind wants a repayable on demand Credit Card? Answers on a very small post card please.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello FB!

I don't want all this at this late stage. Help

They are desperate.

Ask yourself why are they going to all of this trouble if they are so cock-sure of themselves!

Remember what I said about the default issue, and why s76 and s98 are not available to them. This is a Regulated Agreement, so if they are denied the above Sections via s76(6) and s98(6), that leaves them with s87/s88 and back to the old Default Notice chestnut.

Now is the time to hold your nerve, and stick to your guns.

Walk into Court, give them hell (while humming a little tune to yourself, see above)!

Cheers,

BRW

Hello FB!

They are desperate.

Ask yourself why are they going to all of this trouble if they are so cock-sure of themselves!

Remember what I said about the default issue, and why s76 and s98 are not available to them. This is a Regulated Agreement, so if they are denied the above Sections via s76(6) and s98(6), that leaves them with s87/s88 and back to the old Default Notice chestnut.

Now is the time to hold your nerve, and stick to your guns.

Walk into Court, give them hell (while humming a little tune to yourself, see above)!

Cheers,

BRW

I will type out page 2 of her statement recieved tonight

4. I accept that the credit agreement in the present claim was executed in November 2005 but can confirm from my own knowledge of working within the bank that the right retained in para 11 has been a standard clause of the banks terms and conditions in credit agreements issued by the claimant well before 2005

5. As explained in witness statemnt signed by Dianne Powell on 29 April 2009 the default notice exhibited in her witness statemnt is a recreated copy from the claimants computer system. The version recieved by the defendent would of contained the full details of the claimant - including name and address.

Funny thing is that then throws the rest of the terms out on the CCA that they have served.

How can she say that? and its all hearsay with no proof.