Locked in car park

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So if I understand this thread correctly, the Plaintiffs in the case are Lyons-Davidson, Plymouth College of Art and Design, and Royal Sun Alliance student insurance.

However, Plymouth College of Art and Design is also known to students and people talking about it as PCAD, which of course is silly, especially since they changed their name recently to Plymouth College of Art. Does Plymouth College of Art not do anything for people who are into Design anymore then? Do the students miss going to PCAD, oops I mean Plymouth College of Art and Design?

Royal Sun Alliance are an insurance company sometimes known as RSA, and R&SA but thats a bit unfortunate...

since there is also a charity known as RSA, which even more ironically enough has the stated mission of "Removing BARRIERS to social progress"! :D I kid Caggers not! do a google on RSA its one of the top results.

I have heard of Lyons Davidson in other portals of the interweb. I believe they started what ACS Law is now trying, by harvesting the IP addresses of innocent people, often away on holiday and demanding money for copyright breaches. I could be wrong though, I may have misread the name - Was it Lyons Davidson who pioneered this new revenue gathering technique? I am sure it was LD / Lyons Davidson.

Would anyone recomend using Lyons Davidson? There has obviously been lots of posts about them, but I would be unsure if Lyons Davidson would be suitable for me, as they seem rather expensive.

logo-rsa.jpg

Hilarious!!

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm beavering away editing posts, am on page 13 now. I'm carefully changing all references to claimants,solicitors college, insurers etc to reflect their true nature ie Plymouth College of Art, Lyons Davidson solicitors, Royal and Sun Alliance and lets not forget Universal security UK ltd, who have recently gone into voluntary liquidation and may thus have a fair few disgruntled people googling them:D

Bookworm, that's a lovely part of France you're in.:D

And obviously with a location like that our friendly solicitors Lyons Davidson will hold a special interest for you in case they bring your home turf into disrepute by association.

Vive la France:D

No, no, no, Patma, I come from Lyons... I live near Croydon and have done so for over 20 years! :lol: And a lovely part of France that ain't, by any stretch of imagination! :-D

Sorry I haven't started on editing my own posts yet, I am fleeting in and out today... Not that I have that many posts on here, I'm pretty sure by the time you and Toulose have done yours, there'll be a nice climb up Google rankings. :-D

No, no, no, Patma, I come from Lyons... I live near Croydon and have done so for over 20 years! :lol: And a lovely part of France that ain't, by any stretch of imagination! :-D

Sorry I haven't started on editing my own posts yet, I am fleeting in and out today... Not that I have that many posts on here, I'm pretty sure by the time you and Toulose have done yours, there'll be a nice climb up Google rankings. :-D

Oh sorry, Bookworm my mistake.:lol: It was many years ago when I last passed through Lyons on my way to Arles and I have fond memories of the whole trip.

I still say Vive La France though:D

Said with a wink and a smile...more good news I hope

(wonders if whats been revealed recently has shaken the foundations he-hee)

Think you must have been having a psychic moment there, buxie.

A new order has arrived from the court in response to a letter which we haven't seen from Lyons Davidson solicitors acting for Plymouth College of Art;-), simply saying that upon reading their letter of 26th August, the order dated 26th August do stand.

Issues of costs and expenses shall be dealt with at the adjourned hearing on 17th November.

Getting Rejected? Feeling Dejected?

Sometimes the best antidote to rejection-dejection is reminding yourself that there are others who have experienced it . . . writers who went on to publishing success.

Dr. Seuss's first book, the delightful To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, went to twenty-seven publishers before acceptance.

Then there's Mario Pei, whose The Story of Language, was rejected by sixty-three publishers before someone recognized its value. Now considered one of the foremost books on philology, it has been translated into every major language.

Roger Tory Peterson's Field Guide to the Birds, now the birder's bible, was rejected by five publishers.

The brilliance of James Joyce's Dubliners was unrecognized by twenty-two publishers.

Richard Bach's Jonathan Livingston Seagull flew through some twenty rejections.

Irving Stone's Lust for Life was rejected by sixteen myopic editors.

It's said that Gertrude Stein wrote and kept on submitting poems for twenty-two years before one was accepted.

Among manuscripts that were rejected a number of times are such diverse books as War and Peace, The Good Earth, The Sun Is My Undoing, Watership Down, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Postman Always Rings Twice, Kon-Tiki, The Fountainhead, To Kill a Mockingbird, Remembrance of Things Past, A Confederacy of Dunces and Joy of Cooking.

Emily Dickinson had only seven poems published in her lifetime. Now her collected words fill a fat volume.

The Tragedy of American Diplomacy, by William Appleman Williams, now considered a major revisionist work, was turned down by twenty publishers.

Lest you think that so-called "commercial fiction" is more readily recognized for its sales potential, remember that the blockbuster Peyton Place, by Grace Metalious, was rejected fourteen times. Metalious herself said, "I'm a lousy writer. a helluva lot of people got lousy taste." However, the legend that Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind was turned down by some thirty-eight editors is simply not true. It was accepted by the first editor to see it.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Gone with the Wind was turned down by some thirty-eight editors is simply not true. It was accepted by the first editor to see it.

Gone With The Wind, methinks a fitting epitaph for Lyons Davidson's case and coincidentally their client's work of fiction was initially accepted by the powers that be. No wonder rejection hits hard.;):rolleyes::D

This is not going well for Lyons Davidson now the Judge has got some facts and evidence to work with. He certainly appears to be quite adamant that there are issues with the claimants case that need addressed before he even entertains the small claims hearing.

This case has got 'Vexatious' stamped all over it, we can see it, the Judge can see it and I'd be surprised if Lyons Davidson and Plymouth College of Art are still clinging to any realistic prospect of winning the case, it must already be horribly apparent to them that they face a humiliating, very expensive and very damaging defeat in the unlikely event the case does somehow manage to progress past the applications hearing without being struck out.

Lyons Davidson are quite right to be very worried about the matter of costs but maybe not for exactly the same reasons as Fred and the Court might be but I still feel a little dignity would not go amiss, stiff upper lip and all that, I'm sure they would expect the same were the balance of power reversed.

Greetings Patma and TLD from what I read its game set and match ,well done I shall be in Aus in November so will try to see if I can follow from there.This case reminds me of David and Golliath "good shot" from you both.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

[

quote=Toulose LeDebt;2396822]This is not going well for Lyons Davidson now the Judge has got some facts and evidence to work with. He certainly appears to be quite adamant that there are issues with the claimants case that need addressed before he even entertains the small claims hearing.

This case has got 'Vexatious' stamped all over it, we can see it, the Judge can see it and I'd be surprised if Lyons Davidson and Plymouth College of Art are still clinging to any realistic prospect of winning the case, it must already be horribly apparent to them that they face a humiliating, very expensive and very damaging defeat in the unlikely event the case does somehow manage to progress past the applications hearing without being struck out.

I totally agree with you, TLD.

These latest little tantrums must be ratcheting up the costs still further too.

I just wonder when, as with the inability to know when to stop digging, they're going to cotton on to the fact that they're throwing good money after bad?? :confused:

Lyons Davidson are quite right to be very worried about the matter of costs but maybe not for exactly the same reasons as Fred and the Court might be but I still feel a little dignity would not go amiss, stiff upper lip and all that, I'm sure they would expect the same were the balance of power reversed.

Greetings Patma and TLD from what I read its game set and match ,well done I shall be in Aus in November so will try to see if I can follow from there.This case reminds me of David and Golliath "good shot" from you both.

Thankyou Wobbly. TLD and CAG deserve the credit here. TLD's contribution is phenomenal (stop blushing TLD or I'll set Bookworm on you:D) and so many caggers have come up with crucial pieces of information that have had enormous impact. Just one example off the top of my head, is the finding of the Plymouth College of Art's Minutes by Royboy, which proved students were allowed to park in the car park, to name just one. (Apologies to others I haven't mentioned here, but you all know your input is valued highly, thankyou everyone:D)

Well you have managed to do it it only took one day . Google in Lyons Davidson now & it is top of the list(i do hope ive got the right company its head office is in bristol isnt it? got a wee bit confused sorry) but anyhow there it is & they even named this certain college in their plymouth department aint that nice of them all best buddies by the looks of it :D

Plymouth provides a strong educational offer with the renowned Plymouth College of Art and Design, :p how sweet it goes to show how much of a cr*p firm they are, they still have the colleges name wrong & they are hired by them ???? says everything really doesnt it

[

I totally agree with you, TLD.

These latest little tantrums must be ratcheting up the costs still further too.

I just wonder when, as with the inability to know when to stop digging, they're going to cotton on to the fact that they're throwing good money after bad?? :confused:

I'd love to know what they attempted and were refused.

Did they seriously think that now all parties and the Judge knows their sordid little secret about the caution that they could persuade the judge to ignore this rather unhelpful hole in their case and proceed to a quick judgment before the Chief Constable formally confirms its non existence??

Did they not think for one minute that even if they could then LIP or not Freds first line of defence is to put them to proof that the caution exists?

Don't think so; quite rightly no Judge in the country is going to even contemplate making a judgment until this matter is resolved beyond all doubt and any attempt at forcing the matter is plainly just yet another flagrant waste of time and costs.

So why are they trying and on whose instructions are Lyons Davidson acting in such a desperate manner?

Well you have managed to do it it only took one day . Google in Lyons Davidson now & it is top of the list(:D

I think maybe you got confused emzy. It's the CAG link (through googling in Lyons Davidson & Plymouth College of Art) that needs to be top of the list so that other students who may have/had/ problems with claims instigated by Lyons Davidson or Plymouth College of Art will find this forum easily.

Sorry, don't think we're there yet - keep hitting those magic words! :)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Cheers wobbly and enjoy your trip. I understand it can be quite cold at that time of year so throw in an extra pullover or two.

(And if you come across any nice German or Swiss cheeses whilst you're there I'm sure Noomy would be grateful for a little something):wink:

You can't delete a post as such but you can edit it and either change it to something different or simply write 'deleted' in there. It doesn't matter though don't worry.

Welcome to CAG btw

Well you have managed to do it it only took one day . Google in Lyons Davidson now & it is top of the list(i do hope ive got the right company its head office is in bristol isnt it? got a wee bit confused sorry) but anyhow there it is & they even named this certain college in their plymouth department aint that nice of them all best buddies by the looks of it :D

Plymouth provides a strong educational offer with the renowned Plymouth College of Art and Design, :p how sweet it goes to show how much of a cr*p firm they are, they still have the colleges name wrong & they are hired by them ???? says everything really doesnt it

Welcome, Emzy, we are beginning to get there. I just checked and if you google in Lyons Davidson and Plymouth College of Art we're the second and third listings, so it must be doing some good.

We're still nowhere though if you just google Plymouth College of Art or Lyons Davidson on their own.

Onwards and upwards:D;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks