style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if I'm in the right place but -- was desperate and shoplifted in tesco there was no police involved and the security just took back the items. I made up a lie that I got these items from another tesco (I was panicking) and they said they'll keep them aside and I can get them back one I come back with the receipt. I left, but I forgot to take the receipt for the items I did buy.

My concern is that now with the help of the receipt they'll contact my bank and learn my address and the police will get involved. Or am I looking too much into things? 

No. That won't happen.

They won't take any further action on it. However, although you are desperate, you need to take yourself in hand because one day you will get caught and they will call the police and then it could be very bad.

Shoplifting is very big in the news at the moment so you are especially at risk of facing some action. The news today is that they are going to start scanning faces and circulating that information on a national shoplifting database.

I think you need to ask yourself whether you want to be included.

If things are that bad then you probably need to talk to somebody. Find a friend or partner – somebody that you trust and tell them what happened. Once you share the problem it will probably be a lot easier.

You could even go to see your GP. They can be pretty sympathetic and it will feel good for you to unload it to someone.

Thank you for your replies.

I feel really bad -- not because I was caught, but because of what I did.

I have serious mental health problems and I just haven't been doing that well lately. Not that that's any excuse, but... I don't know.

I guess it's some sort of cry for help?

Going to my GP is not really an option as they haven't been that helpful the previous times I went.

I tried telling them that I struggle a lot, but they don't think it's that big of a deal and I should just "drink some water, go for a run and find myself a partner so I'm less lonely" and I will be fine.