Cabot - Admitted no CCA, what to do now?

snagpuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Received a letter from Cabot this morn, its says:-

Regrettably we have been unable to obtain informatuion from original lender to assist in resloving your query

It may be that the original lender no longer has any records relation to your account or that they have been unable to obtain the information from their achives.

As previously advised Cabot is dependant on the original lender to provide information and we regret we are unable to do this.

As a result, as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to accept xxx in full and finla settlement as long as we receive this amount by December.

Now, thats all well and good but i just dont have the money they are asking for (its half the original debt total) so I'm stuck and just dont know what to do or how to responsd. Can anyboody help please

Now, thats all well and good but i just dont have the money they are asking for
Good.

I will translate their letter into English for you -

"Regrettably both ourselves and the original lender are too stupid and too lazy to keep the correct paperwork.

At least in our case we probably have an excuse as we didn't have it to lose in the first place.

Although our face has just gone a beautiful shade of crimson red with embarassment, we are now about to grovel very nicely. As we realise you have no obligation whatsoever to subsidise our financial operations, we are going to implore you from the goodness of your heart to make a charitable donation.

At this time of year, people are constantly being cajoled into donating money to such old fashioned and boring charitable causes as children, and the military services who defended our nation and freedom so that we may operate our wonderfully uplifting charitable enterprise. Oh, how depressingly familiar this is!

We are sure you will find it far more edifying and deeply satisfying to donate to the cause of communication and love. Any money you donate to us will be used to send out more threatagrams to lonely people who receive little enough written joy in their lives, so that they too may donate to the cause. Also, we will use your donation to employ threat monkeys to continually make sure that the loneliess and despair of a telephone which never rings is something our valued customers need never endure.

Your charitable donation will help to reduce the unemployment rate by keeping otherwise-unemployable mental retards in deeply fulfilling work, and will make a financial contribution to the ailing paper industry.

As our organization depends to such an overwhelming degree on these voluntary contributions, we sincerely appreciate your due diligence in this regard.

Yours With A Nearly Straight Face,

R. Sole,

Manager"

To which your reply should be -

"Darling Mr. R. Sole,

I am so pleased to be able to accept your offer of settling the account for half of the outstanding balance, and will be delighted to offer a contribution to your organization.

As you are unable to supply paperwork with which to determine any balance on the said account, the only balance which can apply is one of £0.00p.

I have consulted with my former mathematics teacher, and am reliably informed that half of this outstanding balance amounts to £0.00p.

I have a cheque written out in the amount of £0.00p, which I will be happy to forward to you on receipt of a cheque for my necessary costs in making this donation.

In order for me to collect my cheque book with which to make said donation, I needed to visit the bank. This required a bus fare of 20p.

Sadly, the council have just removed the bus route.

This necessitated the purchase of a motor vehicle. As the only garage I could reach from my home sells very expensive and brand new vehicles, this incurred a charge of £42,689.

Bugger. These bloody vehicles are too big for my garage. Therefore, I had no option but to buy one of the far bigger houses on the new luxury estate on the way to the bank. This sadly meant I incurred a further charge of £1,546,232.

Oh, dear. The council are always doing something, aren't they? Sadly, the work being done on the roads around this estate has meant that I am unable to visit the bank without the building of a new bypass. The estimated expense of this is around £23million.

In the true spirit of generosity which your offer exhibits, I will forego any recompense for council budget overrun. On clearance of my cheque for £24,588,921, I will forward your donation.

Provided you include an SAE so I am not out of pocket.

Yours In The Spirit Of Love,

Snagpuss."

SH

Edited by ScabHunter
  • Haha 2

:p LMAO! Scabhunter - that is pure poetry hun! Snagpuss, i have a thread re cabot too, have today received standard template stating they not obliged to send me cca & have forwarded request to original lender etc & ave returned my £1 blah blah. Am sooooooo hoping that they can find it in their hearts to offer me the same deal they have you! Oh, what a merry crimbo that would make! Gd luck, well done & take care. Jx

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone help. i have received a letter this morning from debt mangement closing my file and telling me they cannot obtain the files and financial details i requested. now i am wondering whether i can ask them to give me the money back i have already repaid for a debt i didnt know existed . stupid yes i know. but i crumbled, scared. anyway surely if they cannot provide me with the information then i have the right to get my money back with interest??? how do i do it???if i an do it???

emmaellis - if you start your own thread about this you will probably get lots of good advice, whereas your question might get overlooked on somebody elses thread :)

Snagpuss - lucky you! Cabot admitted to me verbally that Goldfish advised them they could not find my copy agreement, have now received letter from Cabot saying my account has been recalled to Goldfish, not heard anything from either of them since, no doubt Goldfish will push out to another bunch of cretins. Make sure you file the letter somewhere safe! :)