• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is BG Power Flush necessary?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry i missed you earlier question regarding the siting of an alarm, I always advise a plug in type for a couple of reasons.

1. You dont have to fix it to a wall.

2. The battery operated ones start to go off when the batteries run low causing confusion and usually a call out to verify the boiler is ok.

Carbon monoxide will spread evenly and enter all rooms so there is no particular place it must be but I like to see them within the same room and if for whatever reason you cant then the next room would do.

Oh I see, so I can put it in the kitchen then? Why did my one say not to put it in there?

Thanks again for all your help.

Off to get sorted for the evening now, but will reply to any of your answers tomorrow. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bigmac, an update on my power flush situation.

I didn't get the chance to write to customer services at British Gas as my daughter fell ill and I was busy looking after her. I had intended writing to them once she was on the mend.

Then I received a call from a British Gas technician a few days ago and he asked if he could come round to discuss the situation as he was in the area.

When he arrived about 10 minutes later, I was expecting a hard sell about how important it is to have a power flush, how Briitsh Gas are the experts etc.

Instead, he was an extremely nice man, who was obviously keen to sort out the situation, he was clearly on my side and couldn't understand why the first engineer had suggested a power flush as my system seemed fine. He said it wasn't the way British Gas did things anyway, I hadn't had lots of call-outs about my heating, but if I had, then the engineer should have mentioned a power flush there and then and asked if I would like a quote. I told him exactly what had happened and he said he would try and sort it out for me.

I then received a letter from British Gas this morning, saying:

Further to your telephone conversation with our Technical Manager, Mr X.

Please accept our apologies for the letter you received regarding your central heating system. This letter was sent in error. (Actually, I received a phone call first of all telling me the system needed a power flush....) Mr X has inspected your system and has confirmed that at this point in time, a power flush is not required. Your agreement has not been downgraded or amended in any way.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused........

I am so relieved, but annoyed that the first engineer put all that stress and worry onto me.

But hats off to the second technician who came out to me, he even left me his mobile number in case I wanted to discuss it with him again. If only all British Gas employees were like him. :)

Many thanks Bigmac, for all your help on here and also slick132, I really appreciated it. :)

Littlewren thats good its sorted but in the bigger picture how many people are put in this situation and feel under pressure to have it done.

Can you confirm that you had contacted them about the neccesity of this powerflush as it strikes me that without raising your concerns to them they would have indeed went through with it.

The major problem concerning the PF is the bonus engineers get when instructed to go ahead with it, this in itself will lead to situations as above which WILL damage BG's reputation.

Mind next year mention the seals. ;)

Oh I definitely agree with you Bigmac, what concerns me is the situation pensioners might be in when they have British Gas out to maintain their boiler and are told the same thing. They could end up taking out a loan, maybe using a loan shark to get the money, it is most certainly worrying.

Yes, I did ask why I needed a power flush done when they first phoned me and the woman simply said that she had it in front of her that the engineer had said it needed doing.

I must admit that if I'd had lots of money in the bank - I wish! - I would probably have just thought 'well, he said it needed doing and just forgot to mention it, so I might as well get it done.'

British Gas really needs to stop the bonuses from power flushes but I don't suppose they will. Is this commission thing for power flushes a new thing, do you know?

Oh and thankyou, yes, next year I will definitely mention the seal!

Carrie

Hi LWren,

Sorry to butt in, but I wanted to ask what prompted the Technical Mgr to contact you.

Had you by this time queried/complained, by phone or letter, about the need for the PFlush and the possiblilty that it was prompted by greed, and not need.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Is this commission thing for power flushes a new thing, do you know? Carrie

No, a few years ago (6,7) I went for an interview with them and all was going well until they told me how the bonus scheme works, selling PF's alarms, upgrades etc and reminded that if you were not reaching a certain amount or you were in the bottom range then pressure may be applied by other team members of your group (pooled bonus)

I reminded them I was an engineer not a salesman and stopped the interview there and then.

Also interesting to note that BG's contractors who carry out the annual services do NOT receive these bonuses.

It would be very interesting to compare the amount of PF's that are said to be required from both BG engineers and contractors, i reckon there would be a large difference. BG would never provide this info mind you.

George

Hi LWren,

Sorry to butt in, but I wanted to ask what prompted the Technical Mgr to contact you.

Had you by this time queried/complained, by phone or letter, about the need for the PFlush and the possiblilty that it was prompted by greed, and not need.

Hi slick, no you're not butting it at all. :)

I never got around to complaining by letter, but I did phone their customer services on the same day that I got the call from them saying that I needed a power flush.

The technical manager had been told of the situation and wanted to sort it out.

I didn't mention 'greed and not need' as I'm not that brave! lol

Thanks LW,

That's clear now.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 years later...

How do you know you need a power flush? The power flushing association recommends a 250ml or more water sample - if it's really dark / has bits in it, you'll need it done. I had to have one done and there are much much cheaper experts doing this now, always shop around.

Hi Plubingforfun (Did you miss an M from your name)

Welcome to CAG

The problem is there are only 3 members of the association in the entire country. :|

In case you are connected to the PowerFlushing Thingy, please see our site rules about promoting and/or advertising.

8-)