Housing benefit admin penalty & summons ***WON***

bubblzbee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Bubblzee,

I have been on tenterhooks all day:smile:

I'm so glad you have legal aid. At least with the adjournment, your brief will be able to go through the paperwork and hopefully sort something out from the mess that your council caused.

If the council want you to accept an admin penalty then i think their case may be a bit shaky and they don't really want it to proceed to trial. Good on you for telling them where to go.

It's only scary because it's a new thing but once you've "been there, done that" it's not so bad.

I'll wait for the next instalment with bated breath.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I think they were hoping I would accept the penalty, and back out.

I am going to keep fighting. Will be glad once defence complete with solicitor.

I am still awaiting a response from the Chief Executive regarding my complaint that was forwarded from the ombudsman.

I will update as soon as any more news

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. long time.

oh bum, i thought you'd have some news but as they say, no news is good news.

hope everything is otherwise good.

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

This is so spooky - my daughter rang me at 7.15 and asked whether you had heard anything. I said I presume she hasn't been as there have been no new posts.

Its obviously not so cut and dried as they must have thought it was.

I am sure if they were in the right you would have heard by now.

Just subscribing- I hope you get some good news soon. Having had many mucked up dealings with both Council and Housing Benefit departments, this is really interesting.

I really think you must have them all of a tizz now- they must be terrified after such a catalogue of errors. And then to have the gaul to take you to court- I hope your solicitor annihilates them as well as the ombudsman!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Emma,

Thanks for subscribing to this thread. The more people who have had bad experiences with councils, the better for bubblzbee. The amount of stress she has had to go through is dispicable. I'm hoping that when the court case is over, the council see sense and sort out the mess of their own making.

My own case was sorted only a few months ago. I wish I'd found the CAG before I did as it wouldn't have gone on for 4 years.

fox

sorry for jumping in hear. But only found this web site a week ago and when i found this well an over whelming sense of relief and joy swept over me its just what Ive been looking for help with housing benefit overpayment. bubblzbee i feel for you my daughter had one of those taped interviews. been to court e.c.t She got charged with benefit fraud because .she didn't declare an overpayment of working tax credit I may open my own i have a lot of questions to ask, as i said bubblzee i fell for you have subscribed

• 5 weeks later...

Bubblzbee

Have You Had No News Yet? My Case Has Been In Dispute Since 2001 When I Went To Court For Arrears Due To Incompetence. I Have Been Reading Cases From The Ombudsman Housing Site And People Don't Get Much For What They Endure. These Housing Benefit People, Housing Etc Etc Seem To Be A Law Unto Themselves. When Will It All Stop?

Silverfox, I Am Glad To Hear Someone Got Somewhere, Were You Satisfied, Was Justice Done?

Sort of. My "debt" was around £900 but after making lots of complaints and eventually going to the chief exec i managed to get £400 knocked off due to a cock up. I still had to pay the rest but after my complaint to the ombudsman who found in my favour, I was awarded £200 compensation so although i still paid £300, it's a third of what it could have been but i also had another £212 written off due to statute barring which my council tried to use against me when I tried to get rehoused as the ombudsman told them off for that.

A long process but i had the time and the patience to take on the "big boys"

fox

So Basically You Won Nothing For Your Time, Effort And The Effect It Had On You Mentally. That Is Shameful. As I Said B4 When Will It All End And When Will Justice Be Done?

I Have 7000 In Dispute Over 10 Years And I Am Giving Up On Ever Getting It Sorted To Be Honest With You.

All I Want Now Is A Move.

I Am Not A Prejudice Person But I Am Feeling That Way Right Now.

Sorry

Edited by london NW

Hi all. Sorry been a while, had a letter from the council last week saying that despite being given extra 12 weeks to look into my complaint they are not going to look into it until after the trial . I have sent another letter to the ombudsman outlining again my concerns, and updating on info. I am still going to fight this matter in court and will update as soon as I know more. I do not expect the ombudsman to beable to do much prior to the trial, so am preparing everything with my solicitor.

I have also written a letter to my MP too, and am waiting to hear.

Hi Bubblzee,

I was thinking about you the other day and wondering what is happening.

The council really are dragging this out aren't they.

As the council aren't looking at your complaint till after the trial, the ombudsman won't be able to help anyway as the council have to reply first. Just seems a story too long. This could have been sorted so long ago had the council been reasonable.

My son-in-law has varying wages too so i'm dealing with my council on his behalf as they keep getting his housing/council tax benefit wrong.

Please make sure you keep us informed and if anything comes up that you're not sure about, give a shout and we'll come-a-running :-D

take care

fox

Hi all. Sorry been a while, had a letter from the council last week saying that despite being given extra 12 weeks to look into my complaint they are not going to look into it until after the trial . I have sent another letter to the ombudsman outlining again my concerns, and updating on info. I am still going to fight this matter in court and will update as soon as I know more. I do not expect the ombudsman to beable to do much prior to the trial, so am preparing everything with my solicitor.

I have also written a letter to my MP too, and am waiting to hear.

Just to say good luck to you . Seems a bit illogical for the council to use tax payers money and proceed to trial - when the investgation may reveal the trial is in-appropriate?

Or am I missing the point?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I would like to see the thread please can you send the link in here?

Did you read the thread that re-appeared the other day following benefit overpayment. Worth a read. His dragged on aswell.

I cannot believe that the council want it to go to court first before they can look into everything, that seems totally absurd. A waste of money and frustrating for you again to build up your hopes in thinking this is all going to be resolved soon. It is a bloody joke. Why didn't they just postpone until a later date?

I am getting so angry with all this and what people have to go through and even at the end of the day do these authorities really care?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. My court date has been postponed, in a few months. Council still not responded to complaint. Have sent another letter to Ombudsman and Mp asking for something to be done.

The councils deadline given by the ombudsman has now ceased ,so fingers crossed will start investigating into the matter.

Will update as know more.......

This seems very odd the way the Council are behaving. If they are sure of the facts then it would be full steam ahead, so obviously someone has dropped a clanger. It seems as if they don't know how to get out of this one. I would certainly pressure the Ombudsman by saying that this is making you ill and it needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

Morning BubblZee and Surprise, Hope you're doing ok.

Lets hope the Ombudsman acts now the time limit has expired. They are able to visit the council offices and see your file if they choose to do so and expect phone calls as they try to get a proper picture.

still wishing you good luck.

fox

I was informed by my solicitor that the court date had been postponed due to a witness recovering after an operation. The witness is a countil housing officer.

I am not sure what to make of it, but least the ombudsman has a few months to look into the matter now before the new court date.

fingers crossed

Edited by bubblzbee