Placement of PCNS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of my Drivers received a PCN in Hercules Road London under Lambeth Council. The Ticket was stuck on the paintwork and not the windscreen. The Driver obviously did not see the Ticket and when it was pointed out to him by another Driver the Ticket was no longer in the sticky envelope. On removal of the said Envelope the Paintwork came away. I contacted Lambeth Council who told me that they had evidence that it had been stuck to the Windscreen on production of the photographic evidence they provided the Ticket is clearly stuck on the paintwork. Where do we stand on this. The Vehicle is HGV.:eek:

I suppose they only told you that over the phone ? No proof they said it have at them for damage and repair costs. even if the CEO was too short to to reach the windscreen it would not have been hard to use the entry steps to the cab would it. and it the CEO was too short perhaps they should have a height requirement ? :)

but have to wait 28 days to appeal.

Why? Was your first contact in writing?

Also, did you say they actually sent you the photos?

-

- and next question is - PCN not in envelope - do you mean you don't have it and have they since supplied one?

-

Any other grounds for appeal - (could be useful).

-

The envelope was empty so rang Lambeth Council who gave me the details over the phone and informed me that they had notes to say that the PCN was attached to the Windscreen. They have since sent me a letter saying that my appeal was not successful and attached 3 photograps one clearly showing the Ticket on the front panel of the lorry

The envelope was empty so rang Lambeth Council who gave me the details over the phone and informed me that they had notes to say that the PCN was attached to the Windscreen. They have since sent me a letter saying that my appeal was not successful and attached 3 photograps one clearly showing the Ticket on the front panel of the lorry

There are two separate issues here, and you will get nowhere trying to tie them together.

1) You have a PCN (I presume that they have supplied a copy of the PCN?) that you need to fight on here in the usual way (ie scan, wash and post it here for us to see and comment)

Only if you get to the adjudication stage might it be useful to prove that the CEO's pocketbook notes are not a reflection of the truth.

2) Damage to your vehicle caused by the negligence of the CEO. The Council have now seeming provided photographic proof that their initial stance that the PCN envelope was attached to the windscreen is an out-and-out lie.

Get an estimate for repair and forward a copy to the Council's parking department, stating that you are holding them to be totally liable for the cost of repairing the damage caused by the negligence of their employee or agent.

I agree with Pat that there are two separate issues, Appeal of PCN and claim for damage - but not together.

I'm still a little confused - have they actually sent you the PCN now?

and-

'Appeal - what appeal was not succesful? You have only mentioned a phone call?

Need to see ALL of the PCN as Pat says and you need to describe the circumstances/parking situation.

All of these matters can potentially help you.

-

-