Will our house buyer find out we were almost repossed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a buyer for our house and all the papers are going to and fro.

I have one concern. the people buying our house are the local busybodies who have a reputation for gossiping and causing trouble. Now we have had 2 repossession hearings and both were suspended on the terms that we made a small repayment from the arrears with each months payments. we have continued to do so. The arrears on the mortgage have since been consolidated onto the term but we are still making extra payments each month on the secured loan.

As part of the sale process will our buyers be informed by thier solicitors that we have had these problems? Im sure if they find out that all the village will get to know and as I work in the local shop its going to be very embarrasing.

Solicitors are bound by confidentiality rules. I wouldnt let that bother you. The only way they can find out is looking in the charges register at HMLR.

Which anybody can do - they are public documents.

Solicitors are bound by client confidentiality; their solicitors owe you no duty of confidentiality.