Full BMW SH Problem

Azazal23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I purchased a BMW from a trader/dealer (not BMW) was sold with a full BMW SH amongst other things, when going through the history and service book its only stamped until March 2006.

I am waiting on the dealer for a reply was wondering what my right s are from here, I know its breech of contract but how can I calculate what a FDSH is worth paid 4k for the car

what bmw is it? if its a 3 series or similiar what is the mileage left showing when you start the car up, the service intervals on later bmws go on usage not age. eg mine was serviced in feb this year, but still shows just under 11,000 miles to the next service- it does not do many miles so the car does not think it needs a service! (it will get a service next feb anyway but will prob still show 8-9k to next service)

its 318 coupe, showing 15k left for the service. The difference bet the march 06 service and now is about 20k.

I know the place where i got it did a service on it, dont think it would have been to a BMW standard, plus its not hard to get hold if the software to re set the service indicator

They might just not have stamped it.

All my Volvos got serviced a dealership but it was almost rarely stamped in the book. I got the paperwork instead and if I told them to stamp it, they would gladly do it even if it was months after. It's all on the system.

On the other hand, there are cheap cables and solutions to reset the service meter too so ensure you get paper work proving the service HAS been carried out between that time period.

yeah, i have checked with the dealer and they confirmed the last time they had it was March 06. Thats when my paperwork ran out apart from this years MOT.

So in my eyes i do not have a full service history let alone a full dealer one. Makes matters worse, the last inspection in 06 said they recommended replacement of the radiator and new discs and pads on the rear, this work was not done as the owner just paid for the service.

When i ppurchased the car the guy said it needed new pads on the ear and he would do that, it does suggest that the previous owner was driving round on nothing for 18 months

like you say the dealer where you bought it did a service because it was now due, it is fairly easy i believe to reset the service counters nowadays. this is mainly due to the fact that you can take a car to any dealer, and as long as they use original parts the warrenty or service history should be intact. its a kickback from the days when you could only take a car to the franchise dealer to have work done to keep a warrenty etc. So it is possible your vehicle did have a full bmwsh when you looked at the vehicle to purchase it, but the dealer did not do anything wrong by servicing the car to the manufacturers schedule using the correct parts- if that is the case.

i understand what your saying if that is true, in march 06 when the last recorded service was done it recorded 50miles if a level 1 or 2 service is due every 15k then i should have another recorded service which i havent nor havei got anything for oil changes etc

• 3 weeks later...

OK have more problems now, part of the deal to buy the car the dealer agreed to so any work that was needed, he did change the rear pads and said that was it.

Been told now i need a new CAT which is gonna cost £400, in addition new discs all the way round. Also the passemgers side door does not unlock via key fob (centeral locking)

Interesting enough, on the MOT the dealer had done there should of been an advisory sheet attached but there wasnt so i called the garage this week and they tolf me they advised change of the CAT and Discs (all round) asap.

Now obviously he didnt attached the sheet for obvous reasons, now it was agreed he would pay for anything that needed doing on the car. He wont reply to my email and letter and i have now involved the finance company.

I am prepared to issue proceedins against him, but do i also involve the finance company aswell becuase they have financed the car?

TBH I never take any notice of a stamped service book, loads of fake stamps on the market. The best thing to do is phone the dealer, I bought a mercedes van and the book was'nt stamped but the independent dealer said it had been serviced by mercedes from new, a quick call to the dealer with the reg and the dealer confirmed it had been serviced with them and I could pick up a printout if I wanted to.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

Yeah spoke to BMW Bowkers and they confirmed the last time it was serviced was March 06, has not been touchd by and BMW garager since them, it should have had a Level 1 Inspection at 65k and it hasnt, since it doesnt have any other receipts after that apart from MOT it clearly doesnt have a FSH, let alone a full BMW

• 3 weeks later...

OK heres the update, finally got the car booked back in garage went this morning having received a letter last week asking me to bring it in. Garage was closed!!!! Rang their number and just says the garage is closed from the 1 Dec:))) very sly

I have been in tou h with the finance company and waiting on a reply, do they now become liable for the problems with the car? Joint liability and that

nice one cheers. I am pretty sure i know the anser to this but i will ask anyway. If the finance company wont budge at first, can i threaten to stop paying my loan or will that likly bugger my credit rating. I am i best just filing small claim for the cost of the work and compensation for breech of contract.

nice one cheers. I am pretty sure i know the anser to this but i will ask anyway. If the finance company wont budge at first, can i threaten to stop paying my loan or will that likly bugger my credit rating. I am i best just filing small claim for the cost of the work and compensation for breech of contract.

If you stop your payments, you are breeching the contract, which will add further complications and affect your credit rating.

Far better to go down the second route.