Received a parking ticket for parking in a "Goods vehicles Loading Only" bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i am just after some advice.

i received a parking ticket when i parked in a "goods vehicles loading only" bay.

i drive a mini.

i was dropping some things off at a local estate agent and not shopping.

it was parked on linden gardens, chiswick.

i thought that as it was a loading bay, parking would be permitted. however, i received a ticket as according to their records - "23 parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle"

do you all think i could justify that i was using it as a loading bay?

many thanks in advance

Apart from the same contravention what has this got to do with this particular case - which has a specific timescale to follow and any interruption would confuse the matter?

I suggest you start a thread and you need to show the documents received (for me at least).

hounslow i take it? PCN via CCTV or direct?

i am sorry what do you mean by the 1st paragraph? (i am new to this site)

should i move it elsewhere?

documents received - a ticket in the post (via CCTV),

then i appealed stating that i was delivering goods and alleging the bay is too narrow, and this followed a notice of rejection which now gives me 28 days to appeal (or 14 days to pay at reduced rate)

thanks for replying so soon

any tips are appreciated

also, do let me know if i should move this thread.

cheers

Ah. sorry about any confusion. I could have sworn you originally tagged this onto another thread. Maybe the title confused me. my apologies if mistaken.

Assuming it's Hounslow, then CCTV PCN is largely and probably sufficiently compliant with the law (many aren't).

What exactly were you dropping off? virtually any vehicle can be considered a goods vehicle but it is the circumstances and nature of loading that matter.

It would be useful to see the rejection letter. That may be flawed and always useful to see what exactly they are wriggling with.

-

Chudies. i hope you saw my apology for my mistake above.

As lamma says, your car can count as a goods vehicle. It boils down to what exactly you were loading/circumstances at the time.

Signage and road markings can also be relevant if they are not compliant.

-

hi there.

i am a little confused, as some say the mini is a PLG vehicle but if i was loading something, then i could say it was a good vehicle

what do people think

i was unloading a box and some keys. however, i did neither as the estate agents was shut.

all i did was park the car, grab the keys from the boot, go and see the estate agent was closed, so got back in the car, and drove off. this can all be seen in the CCTV footage. maybe a matter of 2 mins if that.

do you think i could justify that i am classed as a good vehicle?

cheers

It would help if that box was quite sizeable - ?

Entirely reasonable when arriving at a delivery destination to get out to check they are ready to receive it.

any records of this delivery being due to be made. Did they request it or any receipt for later delivery maybe?

- and as I said, signage and road markings may help you if they are not compliant.

-

no records, as it was something i needed to drop off

the box was heavy but small enough to fit into a mini!

i did suggest they were not compliant, and they wrote back that there were compliant with Directive 2002?

are they just trying to call my bluff?

this is the thing that might have me.

by stating "commercial vehicle only" - do you think they are covered?

i have gone beyond the 14 days, so now it is £100

so i will i might go to PATAS with it

in the past, they have dropped it (when i got my last ticket as they "said" they put up a suspension bay, but they didnt. when i send i would go to PATAS they dropped it)

I don't think so. Define "commercial vehicle"; it's not possible in the parking sense. Was this term on the signage, or quoted by the Council in their rejection?

Normally, a TRO will state a class of vehicle (like a licence class) or a weight limit.

"Directive 2002" ? they must mean the TSRGD - councils ALWAYS say they are compliant with it even when they clearly are not. Picture of the signs and road markings please.

Ditto - as requested.

In answer to the question - possibly - 'trying it on' for that particular subject is commonplace IME.

Also note. you do not go to PATAS at this stage. You first have to make formal representations against the Notice to Owner when it arrives.

-

• 2 months later...

hi all, i at PATAS this sat, and thinking of just paying the damn ticket off.

the sign did say "good vehicle only"

since i was in a mini, i have a feeling i will not be able to contradict the council.

what do you all think?

many thanks

sorry some of you asked for pictures. please could you let me know how i can do that?

If you look at your logbook - you will find your car is a Private/Light Goods.

There have been cases argued at Patas this way. Sometimes the councils will wait till the last minute before withdrawing.

Having come this far why don't you see it through. If you were genuinely loading or unloading goods then I think you have a case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry being stupid!

you are absolutely right!! thank you

i may take this to the PATAS option

would anyone have any case names i could take to them?

cheers

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/detail.sfly?imageIndex=0&sid=8AbuWrZi1cNGez&fid=8ef550f97d2e7c4f0031ecd658bfd733

• dx100uk changed the title to Received a parking ticket for parking in a "Goods vehicles Loading Only" bay