• Tweets

• Good Law Project are trying to force HMG to release details of how Sunak's hedge fund made large profits from Moderna. Government ordered to disclose Sunak’s hedge fund emails - Good Law Project GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG Good Law Project has won a battle with the Treasury after it tried to suppress emails between Rishi Sunak and the hedge fund he founded.  
    • Nick Wallis has written up the first day of Angela van den Bogerd's evidence to the inquiry. I thought she was awful. She's decided to go with being not bright enough to spot what was happening over Fujitsu altering entries on the Horizon system, rather than covering up important facts. She's there today as well. The First Lady of Flat Earth – Post Office Scandal WWW.POSTOFFICESCANDAL.UK Angela van den Bogerd, on oath once more It is possible that Angela van den Bogerd and her senior colleagues (Rodric Williams, Mark Davies, Susan...  
    • Thank-you dx, What you have written is certainly helpful to my understanding. The only thing I would say, what I found to be most worrying and led me to start this discussion is, I believe the judge did not merely admonish the defendant in the case in question, but used that point to dismiss the case in the claimants favour. To me, and I don't have your experience or knowledge, that is somewhat troubling. Again, the caveat being that we don't know exactly what went on but I think we can infer the reason for the judgement. Thank-you for your feedback. EDIT: I guess that the case I refer to is only one case and it may never happen again and the strategy not to appeal is still the best strategy even in this event, but I really did find the outcome of that case, not only extremely annoying but also worrying. Let's hope other judges are not quite so narrow minded and don't get fixated on one particular issue as FTMDave alluded to.
    • Indians, traditionally known as avid savers, are now stashing away less money and borrowing more.View the full article
    • the claimant in their WS can refer to whatever previous CC judgements they like, as we do in our WS's, but CC judgements do not set a legal precedence. however, they do often refer to judgements like Bevis, those cases do created a precedence as they were court of appeal rulings. as for if the defendant, prior to the raising of a claim, dobbed themselves in as the driver in writing during any appeal to the PPC, i don't think we've seen one case whereby the claimant referred to such in their WS.. ?? but they certainly typically include said appeal letters in their exhibits. i certainly dont think it's a good idea to 'remind' them of such at the defence stage, even if the defendant did admit such in a written appeal. i would further go as far to say, that could be even more damaging to the whole case than a judge admonishing a defendant for not appealing to the PPC in the 1st place. it sort of blows the defendant out the water before the judge reads anything else. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS Loan and PPI - COURT CLAIM **WON** discontinued

sequest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sequest,

Any letters from the rbs with a credit agreement included.:D yet

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Not yet!!

If they received and signed for your letter, they are in breach of this request now:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

NatWest have sent me a Default notice on my loan account. Considering they are in default of my CCA request, should I send them an 'Account in Dispute' letter. I need to eliminate any PPI payments but can't do so until they send me all the loan account details.

I will be sending my payment plan tomorrow but I need to act on Default Notice.

Any help appreciated.

Bank sent a response to my CCA & S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter.

Linked to the actual letter below, and a typed copy of the letter is also below.

What does everyone think of this? What should my next step be?

Thanks.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/sequest1/out2.jpg

"

“DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 - Loan Agreement

For the Data Protection Act to apply information which is not stored electronically needs to be held in a certain structured format which is easily accessible, an example of this would be if information was filed in alphabetical order referring to the name of the customer and then the file was broken down into different topics. Information held in such a structured format is known as a relevant filing system.

Part of your Subject Access Request, the Consumer Credit Agreement would not generally be held by the bank in a relevant filing system and as such would fall out of the scope of the act - this would mean that you would not be entitled to it under the data protection act.

If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact me on the address shown above.”

Edited by sequest

NatWest sent a response to my CCA & S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter.

Linked to the actual letter below, and a typed copy of the letter is also below.

What does everyone think of this? What should my next step be?

Thanks.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/sequest1/out2.jpg

"

“DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 - Loan Agreement

For the Data Protection Act to apply information which is not stored electronically needs to be held in a certain structured format which is easily accessible, an example of this would be if information was filed in alphabetical order referring to the name of the customer and then the file was broken down into different topics. Information held in such a structured format is known as a relevant filing system.

Part of your Subject Access Request, the Consumer Credit Agreement would not generally be held by the bank in a relevant filing system and as such would fall out of the scope of the act - this would mean that you would not be entitled to it under the data protection act.

If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact me on the address shown above.”

Hello sequest,

Are they starting to be obstructive so early in the games:rolleyes:

Ok so you may accept this response under the dpa, but you have sent them a legal request under section 77/78 of the cca 1974, so they have to comply:D

What info have they sent under the SAR????????

On another note you mentioned previously on your thread that they have sent you a notice of default, can you tell us a bit more about this please:D

Hello Hellhasnofury,

To date, all I have received are my bank statements and loan statements. The loan statements give no breakdown of the loan.

The default Notice is headed:

Default Notice under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

It is a default notice in relation to my loan agreement as I am in arrears.

With regard to their inability to provide a credit agreement, send NatWest a simple reminder that this means that they have provided no proof of their legal right to collect the account from you under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This renders the 'debt' unenforceable and therefore, you cannot be held to be 'in default'.

Should they continue pressing you for payment, you will report them to the Information Commissioner's Office and should they also persist with the Default Notice and send this to the CCAs, this will result in legal action on your part to prevent this unlawful action.

• 2 weeks later...

RBS have written to me to say that they cannot produce my loan agreements and have returned the £1 postal order.

I contacted the FOS and explained that I needed the loan agreements to ascertain how much PPI had been added without my knowledge.

The woman I spoke to was very helpful and said she would write to RBS requesting all PPI payments plus 8%.

I will keep you informed.

BTW. Congrats Alanalana on your latest victory.

Thanks Paintball.

Should I make an offer payment or wait until they produce loan agreement. I have a feeling that they cannot produce this and I really needed to see it to check PPI.

If you offer payment then this means that you are acknowledging the debt. Bearing in mind that they can produce no Credit Agreement on a running account, then this means that they cannot collect on the alleged debt ... no CCA no debt :)

RBS have written to me to say that they cannot produce my loan agreements and have returned the £1 postal order.

No CCA = no debt ... have you written to them to remind them of this?

I contacted the FOS and explained that I needed the loan agreements to ascertain how much PPI had been added without my knowledge.

The woman I spoke to was very helpful and said she would write to RBS requesting all PPI payments plus 8%.

That's great

BTW. Congrats Alanalana on your latest victory.

:D

Hello sequest,

BTW. Congrats Alanalana on your latest victory

Thank you, I have still not seen any dosh yet, though the FOS say RBS have emailed them to say they are struggling to cope:shock: I have to phone FOS again in Dec for an update.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

;)Hello Painty:D

Well aa ... good stuff; but down the court route next time m'dear? :wink:

I may well still have to do this as see this....Get your wig and gown ready.

hello Marshallka and pompey as it is your thread.

Quote:

Just had my redress figures from the Ombudsman and mine are totally wrong too. They have failed to address the interest charged on the PPI at settlement. I have written back to the adjudicator and done a complete breakdown using the rule 78 calculator as if we never had the PPI at all and it works back to within £10 difference. I have noted to the Ombudsman that these firms are NOT redressing the loans correctly at all. I will let you know my outcome here. It it could be too late for me:shock:

Please tell me this is a dream. I have one settlement agreed :rolleyes:one pending :rolleyes:and one outstanding:rolleyes: and the figures could be wrong:shock:

Not another 12 Months of fighting please

aa

Are you free for legal advice painty;)

It would seem however you go about PPI the obstacles are forthcoming from every angle.

You try and do your best and slam.

Back to bank charges then it easier8)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 months later...

Today I received Claim Form from NatWEST Solicitors.

Brief run down of events as follows:

NatWest admitted couldn't find application for loan. PPI refund also requested but have only received letters saying they are still looking into matter and require more time.

I wrote to NatWest with payment plan and they wrote back asking for breakdown of my outgoings. In same week I received letter from their solicitors requesting full payment of loan or increased monthly payments.

I informed solicitors that NatWest had not produced agreement following CCA request and PPI was being persued and that I had made offer of payment plan and was awaiting result.

Solicitors then said that in those circumstances their client might have to accept my offer of payment.

This week received letter from solicitors saying NatWest would agree to my payment plan while the current proceedings are going on.

Now, 2 days later I have received Court Claim form. The particulars of claim just state that I have failed to pay the sum due when demanded.

Please help - I'm panicking. I have read so much on these forums but now I can't remember anything!!!

What should my next move be.

Hi Sequest,

I really wish I could help but unfortunately I am in a very similar situation my self other than that I have decided to keep paying until such times as my Solicitor / the Court resolves the situation. I would suggest paying in the meantime (if you can), but if you can't then you will just have to dig in and ready yourself for the fight. As far as I can see, through all the research that I have done, the onus is upon the bank to prove the required details. In my case, the issue started when I noticed that they have been charging an incorrect interest rate. Therefore, I am being disadvantaged and the only way I can ensure that I am compensated for my loss is to take the matter to court. I have repeatedly told Nat West that I would be willing to reach agreement (say 0.75% lower interest rate and not the 1.5% that they should be charging) but they continue to act with the same bare faced arrogance. The funny thing is that I am convinced that they know they are in the wrong but just can't bring them selves to say sorry. Having seen the formers bank bosses being questioned by the Commons select committe last week, it is no wonder that this selfish, ignorant attitude prevails throughout the bank. I'm afraid I don't feel; qualified to offer advice, but will give as much support as possible. Just try and stay positive. I have just managed to get them to admit that they mis sold the PPI appertaining to the loan because they do not have any documentation so I will be using that refund to pay my Solicitors costs (until she claims them back!!).

And, never forget - Nat West's overdraft is now bigger than yours ever will be:) Good luck........

All the POC state are that (D) failed to pay sums due to (C0 when demanded and the sums listed below remain outstanding.

They have entered the amount for my loan, and a few pounds outstanding on my overdraft, which I thought I had paid in full. I can pay overdraft as its under £10.

How do I contact a mod.

sequest, I have asked for your thread to be moved to legal issues.

You will need to summarise events and post any documents with personal details edited, in order for people to help you. You will need to stick to the time scales so make sure you know when you have to do what and by what date. Good luck.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thread moved to Legal section for more help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

sequest, I have asked for your thread to be moved to legal issues.

You will need to summarise events and post any documents with personal details edited, in order for people to help you. You will need to stick to the time scales so make sure you know when you have to do what and by what date. Good luck.

Many thanks.