morgan stanley or barclaycard ***DELIGHTED**

brindles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think this needs to be sorted.

The first time i was in court, about a year ago, a gut was in claiming back charges on a Monument card. He had claimed against Monument.

The Judge informed him that as far as she was aware, Monument was simply a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC, so she could not give judgement unless he went away and changed the name of the defendant on his claim form.

She adjourned the case to allow him time to do so, though.

I believe "Goldfish" is similarly simply now a trading name of Barclay's, the same as Barclaycard itself.

ok i can see a possible mistake i have made.

The in S.A.R i sent to barclays i have quoted my old account number and not the new account number supplied by barclays.

opps!

This then is maybe a claim against goldfish given the account number i quoted.

Or should i just now make a S.A.R barclays quoting my new account number and start again.

ok. the spread sheet. i can enter my details of charges and add the interest quoted by the calculator in your link. (one at a time) wich is compound interest.

If i make a claim against a bank will they recognise compound interest as a normal addition.

Is compound interest the % figure i see on my statement.

Do most people bother to claim interest

should i bother.

Thanks noomill

Hi, I dont think the mix up with account numbers will matter. Dont bother SARing them again.

I dont use the spreadsheet, I use Compound interest calculator and work out the interest on each charge individually. It makes you realise exactly how much they have scammed out of you!

The bank charges you compound, so they will of course recognise it and more importantly, so will the court.

When you know the compoind interest for each charge, add all the interest figures up and add them to the total of the charges.

This will be the amount they have scammed out of you and the amount to claim back.

The charges are unlawful, so therefore any interest added to these charges is also unlawful.

hi,

ok im sure this is where i was at before i got lost. i understand my charges, i also understand to calculate the interest on each indivdual charge by the days past since the charge was applied.

this interest is called compound interest. ok.

Is compound interest the one quoted on my statement, in my case 23.90%

thanks noomill

hi,

I have again looked at the interest quide and i can see the sums for compound interest and i understand the calculations using the simple fiqures in the quide.

compound interest is calculated by applying the period rate to the outstanding ballance.

Please forgive me as i do not understand what is meant by period rate.

Is it the 2% you used in the example as this comes to 26.82% and mine is 26.90%

thanks

so if i understand

a 20 late fee in 2002 and a claim date of 2008 with interest @ 26.90% for 6 years = interest of 62.84 = total claim 82.84.

this cant be right. if it is im rich lol.

thanks again noomill

I go check, hang on.

eerrrrrrrrrr- what date in 2002?

**has a quick look at Compound interest calculator **

Assuming it was on 17 November 2002, I make it £104.04

Calculated by compounding monthly, with a 360 day year, as per the way banks do it.

Edited by noomill060

hi noomill

ok understood, I didnt realise about the 360 day year.

so i list all the seperate charges, date, name of the fee/charge, interest amount and the totals.

i did fill out a spreadsheet already so i have an idea of what the finished item should look like.

I find it almost imposible to believe how it all mounts up.

can i really be legaly entitled to claim all the interest.

Do the banks have to pay the interest on a claim if i have asked for it.

If they dont or wont pay the interest, have the courts been backing the claimants.(lets forget about any court cases in jan 09 for a mo).

if you let me know im on the correct path I will do my list and let you have a quick look before i send it off.

thanks very much noomill.

• Haha 1

hey guys,

i for one am still on the Floor!!!!! off my chair and nearly knocked myself out.....lol

:D

i knew i had to do some researching on that compound interest, nowwwwwwww i def will

gosh thanks to all ive learnt something fab today

ciao for now MAZ

by the way have subsribed to this thread good luck to all

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

If they don settle and you start a small claim, you can also claim County Court interest @ 8% or the compund contractual rate ON TOP.

My intial claim against morgan stanley was for the return of £595 of charges. I went to court and got default judgement.

In the end they were ordered to pay me approx £2000.

If they don settle and you start a small claim, you can also claim County Court interest @ 8% or the compund contractual rate ON TOP.

My intial claim against morgan stanley was for the return of £595 of charges. I went to court and got default judgement.

In the end they were ordered to pay me approx £2000.

hiya back to have another look.

so in effect if the compound contractual rate is of course higher than the 8% county court interest, best to go for that, so i see how you got such a higher figure

again many thanks for the info ciao for now MAZ:-)

but as Arnie used to say,,, "i'll be back......-

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

You are only reclaiming with contractual interest what they have charged you - makes you think doesn't it!

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Yes, all you are doing is asking tro be reimbursed wht you have already paid them as a resuly of their deceit.

Incidently, I claimed CC interest on top of it all, at the contractual rate, not at 8%.

The law actually states, that CC interest can be awarded at 8% simple, OR AT THE RATE SPECIFIED IN THE CONTRACT.

I claim contractual rate and was awarded not far off £700 -

ON TOP of the £595 charges and £700 interest on those charges.

hi again,

I have entered my charges and used NOOMILLs link to calculate the interest.

This is what I have come up with.

Could you let me know if this is ok as a S.O.C please anyone.

TOTAL AMOUNTS

Charge Reason

Charge Amount

Charge Date

Days

Interest

late fee

11-Nov-2002

late fee

12-Dec-2002

late fee

11-Jan-2003

late fee

11-Feb-2003

late fee

15-Mar-2003

late fee

10-Jun-2003

late fee

11-Jul-2003

over limit fee

15-Jul-2003

late fee

9-Aug-2003

over limit fee

15-Aug-2003

late fee

12-Dec-2003

late fee

10-Feb-2004

late fee

12-Mar-2004

late fee

10-Apr-2004

late fee

10-Aug-2004

late fee

10-Aug-2004

over limit fee

14-Aug-2004

late fee

10-Sep-2004

over limit fee

15-Sep-2004

late fee

11-Oct-2004

late fee

10-Nov-2004

over limit fee

15-Nov-2004

late fee

10-Jan-2005

late fee

11-Feb-2005

late fee

12-Mar-2005

late fee

9-Apr-2005

late fee

10-Jun-2005

late fee

11-Jul-2005

late fee

10-Dec-2005

over limit fee

15-Dec-2005

late fee

10-Feb-2006

late fee

12-May-2006

Thats it? hope i have got it correct.

getting back to the question, Who should I claim against. Some say Barclay, some say both.

Would Barclay t/a goldfish cover it?

Thanks.

Yes, that looks about right.

I would be claiming against Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard.

Goldfish no longer has any identity, as it merged with Barclays and the credit card business was absorbed into Barclaycard.

If you dont accept that, do some googling and find a Goldfish website- any link you click on brings you to Barclaycard's.

Whatever, if Barclays want to argue, threy will have to meet you in Court, and they really dont want to do that.

Now send a nice Letter Before Action template and tell them you want all your money back (charges + interest) within 14 days. :D

After a recent BC case where they had a judgement Set Aside for incorrect service of the claim, please use the Churchill Place addy and name them, as Noomill says, Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)