morgan stanley or barclaycard ***DELIGHTED**

brindles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i am or was about to start a claim against morgan stanley for unfair charges but they have now become barclaycard. i have only been moved over to barclaycard within the last 4 weeks. i see in my credit file that barclaycard have entered data back to october 2004. i have had this account for more than 10 years. i am confused. do i go straight to barclaycard or do i start with mogan stanley? i suspect that if i contact barclays 1st they will say something like "sorry we just got this account so talk to morgan stanley..mmm i can only guess what morgan stanley will say.

can you please advise how to begin please.

also do sar work for all companys including accounts with local authorities or any one who has billed me for a service and or credit.

thank you very much for any advice please.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you very much,thats what i thought. My main concern is that barclays have only entered the last four years on my credit file. but it was four to six years ago i had difficultys and have paid out thousands in charges. its those two years im after. so i will send a s.a.r to barclaycard and i will let you know the outcome. i also see there is confusion of a contact address. i shal use the london one located in E14. while i sit here and wait i shall write to a few more creditors and i will start a new thread for each. there is a few so wish me luck. the chellenge begins. thanks again,,

• 3 weeks later...

hi again,

i sent a s.a.r to barclay card at the northampton address you told me on the 15/10/2008 and they recived on the 17/10/2008 recorded delivery. i recived a letter from goldfish thanking me and aknowledging recipt of my s.a.r and stating they have 40 days to comply from the 21/10/2008.

i am thinking my contract is with barclaycard and it is barclaycard that should be answering my questions. i also think that if they do not have the answers to my questions they should seek these answers and then supply them to me. not send me to my ex-creditor to deal with myself.

or should i just deal with goldfish. remembering i was originaly with morgan stanley. do i really have to deal with the two or even the three of them?

also, seperatelly i have send c.c.a and s.a.r to several other companys. should i start a new thread for each or just continue here.

i have seen in other post people have uploaded there letters from companys. should i be doing this also.

and last of all.....dont these things seem to take a looooong time. lol.

i have had a good look around this site and im trying not to ask questions or bother people but having a reply from goldfish not barclays has confused me. please can you help as i just need a nudge in the right direction. thank you.

wow thanks for the quick response. thanks you have calmed my fears.

could you please put me straight on two other things.

once i send a C.C.A., the receipient upon receipt has twelve working days to comply. if not, then they are in default and have a further 30 days after wich they will be comiting an offence punishable by a fine or inprisonment.

is this correct?

and if i send a S.A.R they have 40 days to comply.

after this are they also commiting an offence?

and sorry one more

if i send a C.C.A or S.A.R by recorded delivery and they decide not to accept it, where does this leave me? have they been informed and chosen to ignore it or have i not informed them.

also(sorry)

is a S.A.R done by my name or account number, as i have no details for some accounts i closed a couple of years ago.

if i send a S.A.R with just my name and address and telling them what type of account and previous address will this be enough for them or can they ignore it.

thanks once again, this advice is fantastic.

thanks again,

once i send a C.C.A., the receipient upon receipt has twelve working days to comply. if not, then they are in default and have a further 30 days after wich they will be comiting an offence punishable by a fine or inprisonment.

is this correct? No, recent changes mean there is is often no longer an offence commited. It was never criminal anyway and punishment doesn't come into it. They may be late in replying but don't fret about it - there are bigger things in life to worry about. :wink:

so in that case, all the letter templates on this site that we are advised to send after 40 days for non compliance of a C.C.A or S.A.R, informing our creditors/ D.C.A.s they have commited an offence and to reduce the debt to zero are, no longer valid. as no offence has been commited.

oh dear i am again confused. im not thick but i do like to know the technicalitys. mmm wish this had spell check.

slick132 i thank you again.

aha, think i understand. ok i just have to wait for goldfish to reply and see what arrives. just one more point please. if i send a S.A.R, should i get a copy of the original agreement as part of that request or is that only expected to arrive if i send a C.C.A.

thanks again.

hi again,

i have checked my dates and date of receipt by goldfish was 21/10/08 and by my sums plus 40 days takes me too. 30/11/08.

should these be working days or calender days please.

as i have worked it out by calender days.

thanks.

it was pre 2006. goldfish received my S.A.R on the 21/10/08 so if i add 12+2 working days this takes me up to 7/11/08 and if i add 1 calender month this becomes 7/12/08.

oh....i have to be a bit more patient then.

this account went into default march 2003, i have heard nothing or more to the point i havent aknowledged this debt since then. like i said at the start, this debt is nearly at the 6 year limit.

so the longer it goes on the better i supose.

thanks again slick132

i have got through the dark period and this account is fully paid up to date and has been for the last two years. the 4 years before this i guess could easily be well over a 1000 if not two. just know it hurt at the time and they kick you when your down. late fee amost every month.

had this account for over 10yrs morgan stanley until recent then goldfish and very recent barclaycard.

when i say payed up i mean my payments have been on time although there is still an outstanding ballance of £1800 with a £2600 credit limit.

i supose i could just send a C.C.A and hope for the best as im sure i only filled in a slip that came through the door.

but i just want my unfair charges back. then if possible send a C.C.A request.

hope this answers your question. thanks.

hi slick. i have now received the documents requested from goldfish. I am now using the spreadsheet to calculate a fiqure to request a refund of charges. i am using the one you advised mackrel to use for his barclaycard account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick132 viewpost.gif

Hi Mack,

The spready I suggested is a CI calculating one.

From post #8, open the Interest Tutorial, go to the Credit Card heading and you'll find :-

Note it says simpler, and not simple. Take a look at it and see if it may work any better for you.

Being seen to be reasonable, when you estimate the int't rate figs, is the best way round the problem of what figs to use.

on entering the charges i note at 10/07/2006 goldfish reduced them from £20 down to £12. do i still carry on entering these lower charges or is that where i stop.

secondly,the interest. my first entry for £20 nov 2006 generates interest of £52.35.

i can see how the interest adds up but am i legally entitled to claim it,will they have a way out without paying the interest.

also i have applied interest at 23.9% as it states on my latest barclaycard statement is this correct as it also says 26.8 for cash. thought best to apply the lower rate.

I have uploaded a copy of there reply letter as they do not have about 3 statements due to technical difficulties.

should i just leave these off or enter a average figure relating to previous months

to tell you the truth,i dont mind leaving them off.

please can you advise me.

thanks.

ok bouncing along here.

this is a copy of the spread sheet. can you just let me know if all seems ok please.

Claim Date11-Nov-2008

Interest Rate (%APR)23.90%0.05873%% per day

TOTAL CLAIM:1,673.52

TOTAL AMOUNTS640.00

Charge ReasonCharge AmountCharge DateDaysInterestlate fee20.0011-Nov-2002219052.35late fee20.0012-Dec-2002215951.05late fee20.0011-Jan-2003212549.64late fee20.0011-Feb-2003209548.43late fee20.0015-Mar-2003206147.08late fee20.0010-Jun-2003197643.81late fee20.0011-Jul-2003194542.66over limit fee20.0015-Jul-2003194142.51late fee20.009-Aug-2003191741.64over limit fee20.0015-Aug-2003191141.42late fee20.0012-Dec-2003179437.34late fee20.0010-Feb-2004173135.26late fee20.0012-Mar-2004169934.23late fee20.0010-Apr-2004167133.35late fee20.0010-Aug-2004155129.72late fee20.0010-Aug-2004155129.72over limit fee20.0014-Aug-2004154729.60late fee20.0010-Sep-2004152128.85over limit fee20.0015-Sep-2004151628.71late fee20.0011-Oct-2004149027.97late fee20.0010-Nov-2004146127.16over limit fee20.0015-Nov-2004145627.02late fee20.0010-Jan-2005139625.39late fee20.0011-Feb-2005136524.57late fee20.0012-Mar-2005133423.77late fee20.009-Apr-2005130723.08late fee20.0010-Jun-2005124621.57late fee20.0011-Jul-2005121520.82late fee20.0010-Dec-2005106617.40over limit fee20.0015-Dec-2005106117.29late fee20.0010-Feb-2006100116.00late fee20.0012-May-200690914.10

0.0011-Nov-200800.00

0.0011-Nov-200800.00

0.0011-Nov-200800.00

hi slick,

i have now received a reply to my S.A.R and have worked out the charges. actually no working out needed as its plain to see. I am going to enter the fiqures into this spreadsheet, that i see you have recommended before in other threads.http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

I just need to know that if a late charge is £20 do i enter the whole £20 or just £8 after removing £12 for the amount i understand they can charge.

Im guessing as these charges are before 2006 i ask for the whole amount as i have noticed in 2006 a late charge was reduced to £12 from what had always been £20 before 2006.

Can i claim the late charges for £12 and /or should i not really be entitled to claim the £12 late charges.

just a bit confused here, have read hundreds of posts(feels like that anyway) and im sure i understand just my head seems to be swimming with it all. a nudge in the right direction please.

thank you.

thank you for the reply and i have filled out the spreadsheet. i was feeling nervious about this but the one you recommended is fantastic working it all out for you.

I have noticed after entering todays date to finish the spread sheet it automaticaly added on the interest from yesterday. I am amased.

Is this the best savings account in the world or does my claim date start from the last charge on my account. in other words can i wait another month and claim more? I dont want to do this as i wish to send my claim as soon as, just i wonder.

soon as i print of the spreadsheet and let you have some fiqures. err um whats the polite donation amount.lol,

thank you slick.

hi steven,

yes i read the tutorial yesterday. under the heading

estimating interest charged and where it says credit cards there is a link to a spreadsheet(not advanced).

I have simply entered the charge,the charge amount and date. the spreadsheet did the rest. All this must be ok.

I used 23.9% as i believed i should use the most up to date fiqure and this is what is on my statement.

So should i just adjust the apr. any idea to what please.

or am i totaly going down the wrong road.

help please, thanks.

hi steve

hi noomill060

ok seems as though im almost there.

steve, my account has a 2600 limit and i seem to always have a ballance around 1800.

as im not to use the apr rate on my statemet then im lost. i have looked at barclaycard web site and there is a range of interest rates for different cards.

Hi noomill,

I have thought about sending a ....C.C.A request but at the moment this is my only credit lifeline. I do suspect that they may not have one though.

I want them to pay me, not credit it to my account. will this happen?

thank you both for your help.

I am thinking that my card is with barclays, and before that my card was morgan stanley, although goldfish had some interest in the middle i have never had a goldfish card.

So i was suprised that the S.A.R i sent to barclays, came a reply from goldfish.

So i am dealing with goldfish it seems.

while goldfish had control of my account i was still always using my morgan stanley card and always received morgan stanley statements and not once did my account number change.

Since barclays took over i have received a barclay card replacing the morgan stanley card, new card number, new account number, barclaycard statements and had to renew my direct debit.

sureley this has nothing to do with goldfish as i had to sign up for a new account with barclays.

given the above would i have a argument for them to pay me direct.

also please dont forget about my apr and how do i know what is the correct % to apply.

thanks again.

hi noomill,

I sent S.A.R to barclays on the 15/10/08 at there northampton address.

got a reply dated 29/10/08 from goldfish in glasgow. saying they have my S.A.R.

7/11/08 came my statements, from goldfish and again glasgow with 3 statements missing.

i have sent L.B.A to goldfish at glasgow on 14/11/08

hope this clears that up.

I am at the stage of entering my details(except the 3 missing) on to a spread sheet.

This is where i need advice.

i have looked and i have read but the comments made in this post have confused me as to

what spreadsheet?

what interest rate i should enter for a claim to a credit card company for unlawfull charges.

Im not being lazy, as i am confused.

please can someone make this a bit clearer for me.

thank you very much.

hi steve 4064

i now feel how you guys must feel as i now have 3 of you to answer.

first thank you all very much.

for my sake lets just slow this down a second and let me run through the questions you have raised in the order they are going to be a problem to me.

Am i claiming against the right company?

I have made no claim. but i have sent a sar to barclays,northampton and the reply came from goldfish,glasgow-6yrs statements, but for 3 missing.

the reply was from steven porter, goldfish, glasgow.

Should i now write to goldfish saying thank you for the information but i sent you no such request and write to barclay card reminding them they have not replied to my s.a.r..

I have never paid a penalty charge barclays. only morgan stanley/goldfish.

hi slick 132,

you have advised in a simular post to claim contractual interest from the outset and provided a link to a spreadsheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/138906-mackerel-barclaycard.html

Why does this thread/advice not apply to me. I have read the tutorial several times now and although not totally clear i am sure i do not wish to claim for restitution and i think i just wish to appy contractual interest wich i think is the one on my statement.

If it is not this interest amount, where do i find contractual interest amount.

Hi noomill060,

I had a morgan stanley card and received morgan stanley statements throughout.

The only thing from goldfish was a letter saying they are now the owners. i have nevewr had a credit card with goldfish logo.

It was only when barclays sent me one of there cards with new account number that i noticed any change.

may i ask,

you say the interesr on your statement is the interest you have entered.

what have you entered it into?

what is the interest called that is on your statement?

I entered my statement interest 23.90% into the simple spreadsheet http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls.

This is when i was told i had better check what im doing and the word restitution started to appear in this post.

you seem to have just done what i am about to start. what am i doing wrong for all this fuss to start.

is it normal to claim interest on the charges applied.

basicly noomill except for witch company i should claim against why can i not just follow your thread and mackrels thread to bring my thread to the same level.