style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other car is with her OH in South Wales,a long way for an ANPR van

Err looks like the did with or with out an ANPR van - a pity TT's advice came too late.

BD - as much as I agree with dealing with bailiffs in a strong manner sometimes prevaricating and postulating can cause more issues, very often the op does owe the money and it is our job to ensure that they are dealt with fairly by those collecting the monies.

SFx

sometimes prevaricating and postulating can cause more issues.

You critisised me on an earlier post and I ignored it,, for your benefit. Now you suggest I am prevaricating and postulating. I have answered the question treating the OP's statements as fact the same as a Judge does when presiding at court. Please quit with your baseless remarks.

My remarks are not baseless - and this is what I am worried about in relation to some of your advice and hence my concerns. In this very thread, you have rather dogmatically that they would not find the car as it was in SW wales but they did.

TT's advice was increadibly sensible, deal with the existing issue and then be guided through how to deal with other issues.

You have come on to this forum all guns blazing which in one way is wonderful and in another worries me slightly as I have found no substatiation to what you state.

it also transpires that you were a bailiff, which on this forum can be nothing but useful and others will testify we have had very useful advice.

I have and will continue to help people on here with clear and concise advice, and there many here that will have had my help and will value the advice that I give. TT is so increadibly knowledgeable and out of everyone knows more than most of us could learn in a life time.

SF

PS Lisa sorry for the hijack.

My remarks are not baseless - and this is what I am worried about in relation to some of your advice and hence my concerns. In this very thread, you have rather dogmatically....

When was I dogmatic?

that they would not find the car as it was in SW wales

Thats not what I said.

but they did.

So the bailiff sent an ANPR van all the way to South Wales? There is nothing in the OP's post about a bailiff finding a vehicle with an ANPR van in South Wales.

TT's advice was increadibly sensible, deal with the existing issue and then be guided through how to deal with other issues.

You have come on to this forum all guns blazing which in one way is wonderful and in another worries me slightly as I have found no substatiation to what you state.

No surprise there. You dont properly read the posts and you dont know the proper dictionary definition of your own choice of words.

it also transpires that you were a bailiff,

Transpires? thats too technical for me.

which on this forum can be nothing but useful and others will testify we have had very useful advice.

I have and will continue to help people on here with clear and concise advice,

Not from where Im sitting. You have made a pigs-ear of this thread with nonsensical comments.

and there many here that will have had my help and will value the advice that I give.

Great! keep it up, but keep it factual.

TT is so increadibly knowledgeable and out of everyone knows more than most of us could learn in a life time.

And nobody else is? Well good for him.

PS Lisa sorry for the hijack.

The AA can transport a car from Plymouth to East Grinstead on a flatbed truck for £240+VAT.

So would anyone disagree that there are grounds for complaint here?

£460 for work that can be done profitably for £240+vat does not sound like reasonable costs.

Or is there something I've missed?

Probably none. The OP has to make reasonable efforts to reach a resolve with the bailiff before asking a judge. http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form4_0606.pdf

Details of Complaint

On [DATE] I was visited by the bailiff collecting unpaid parking tickets. He demanded £[AMOUNT] of which his fees were £[AMOUNT]. He obtained money from me by threatening to take a motor vehicle and charged fees for moving it when no vehicles were moved.

The bailiff enforced the debt and charged fees that are not reasonable and for work not done. I understand this contradicts inter-alia Schedule 1 of the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs)(Amended 2003) Regulations 1993 and commits an offence under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

I have tried to reach an amicable resolve with the bailiff and his firm but they have become defensive and vexatious in nature.

I ask that I am refunded the money paid to the bailiff plus the sum of £1500 compensation for seeking discovery of information and bringing this matter to court

Send the form to the bailiffs certificating court with a covering letter asking to place it before a judge.

OK so why £1500?

Why not £500?

or £250?

I'm sorry to seem a little pedantic but what you have said about the OP being obliged to have a reasonable stab at resolving the matter/error with the bailiff does make sense.

And if I'm to mention it in a letter, I'd like it to sound reasonable to a Judge who might see that letter, or have at least half a chance of getting the money off a bailiff or his firm.

Do you see what I mean BD?

Hi - again! Just another query if you kind lot wouldn't mind! Now I have paid 1 PCN (through bailiffs - equita) and 1 I did the stat demand for.

Now when I went into the TFL site to make sure that these have sorted, I have seen ANOTHER PCN for £185 just about to go to bailiff stage!

What do I do? I think the problem not receiving mail is that I live at my Mum's on a very large estate and the address is listed as a flat and not a house for some reason (ie: flat 5) It's always been this way and consequently we end up getting either other peoples or none of ours!

What I would like to know is that how do I proceed with this one now that I know about it? Can I do a stat dec now or is it too early?

Many thanks

Lisa x

Chris or anyone?! Please some advice urgently please?

Have paid the £185 that was about to go to bailiff stage today - so that's sorted but went on TFL site to pay it and noticed that another one was showing up as being passed to bailiffs (equita). That one I knew about so will have to pay it but it's for a smaller amount.

Anyway, equita knew nothing of this one but said we are chasing for a £185 pcn which is now £436 so we want this now or we will clamp and tow.

they didn't have the pcn number with them but when I called TFL, they said they only one they have sent to them is the smaller amount £65. The one I did the stat dec. for they are contesting so they have put it on hold, but the bailiff says it's still 'live' and he is continuing to trace it.

So what do I do now? I am really panicking - please help!

Lisa x

The one I did the stat dec. for they are contesting so they have put it on hold, but the bailiff says it's still 'live' and he is continuing to trace it.

So just to recap:

You've filed an OOT statutory declaration for the £185 pcn, but you're worried because the bailiff has indicated - on the phone - that they might still be planning action of some sort.

Lisaf have I got that right?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but it doesn't look like they can do anything until the stat dec has been dealt with.

And since your reasons are that you had never received notice of the pcn, then I would have expected the court to accept that.

Any comments anyone else?

Sorry for not getting back sooner Chris - only got my internet back again! I have just been on TFL site again just now and it looks as though TFL now have that particular one back as it's asking for payment.

As in it's shifted 'up to the top of the list' that they give you of PCN's. So I gues s my SOO was rejected and I just pay the original £185?

Thanks for all your sound advice so far Chris

Lisa x

Hi again,

I still haven't rec's any correspondrnce from tec or tfl about this pcn. On the website it's back to the £185 - so do I just pay it? And how long do I have to pay it as I haven't got any paperwork telling why it was rejected.

Many thanks

Lisa x

Hi again,

I still haven't rec's any correspondrnce from tec or tfl about this pcn. On the website it's back to the £185 - so do I just pay it? And how long do I have to pay it as I haven't got any paperwork telling why it was rejected.

Many thanks

Lisa x

Phone tec up and ask them what is going on ? If they say that the application has been refused. Ask them what the reason is and immediately file a n224 as it may turn out that the bailifs are coming back.

So whats cooking today ?

Right - spoke to TFL yesterday and told them that what the bailiffs said and she said that the pcn had been suspended pending an outcome and so the bailffs have no right to take the car.

She said to take her name in case of problems.

Letsmakeamark - what is a n224 and how does it work etc?

Many thanks for all your advice

Lisa x