CIVIL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE , Lidl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. I was on a course and me and several others parked on what we thought was private land without problems. Plus I have picked up a few more along the way. The ppc hit us virtually every day, lucky I found this site and ignored everything.

regards

PS, after I found this site and told the others none of them payed either.

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 4 months later...

Help!!

I have had a parking fine in 2009 from lidl carpark for being 7 mins over limit. I decided after reading your forum that the best thing would be to ignor them and all was good until last may i got several letters from that Graham lot solicitors. I decided again after reading some great advice here that the best thing would be to ignor them in the hope that they just go away; this worked for another few months and several other letters. but today i have had 2 letters from 'Ethical Dept Recovery Services Ltd', Has anyone heard of these and are they anything to worry about?? The letters are quite threatening they mention warrents of execution by baliffs.. attachment of earnings etc etc Whats your advice guys??

You were doing so well!

Imagine being the guy who sent you the first letter, sat at your desk in the office. Now look up and see the guy sat at the desk opposite you... THAT is who just sent you the latest letter.

It's just the next stage is their system (some would call it a [problem] but i'm far too diplomatic)

Basically, ignore it!

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

DPA letter delivered by hand 04/04/06

Statement request confirmed & DPA payment refunded! 06/04/06

Hi deezzee

I haven't heard anything for a while. You must be nervous about the recent letter, but everyone says ignore them and they will give up. Let me know how you get on, i'll post if I receive anymore letters.

Did anyone see watchdog showing how easy it was to buy parking ticket kits, they only cost £45.

Everyone is 'at it'!

Hi all and thanks for the replies....And i have decided to continue ignoring the threat letters and see what happens next, keep you all posted lol I was hoping someone else had had dealings with this so called Ethical Debt Recovery lot, just in case they were for real!

Watch this space !

Don't worry - from personal experience ignore works well and have yet to be taken to court even though I have requested they proceed to this stage with all haste during phone calls from their 'solicitors' and Debt Collectors - suspect I will die from old age before this happens

If they really expect a reply it is common courtesy to include an SAE. Likewise with the phone number - they should supply a free number if they expect to be called

Just follow the advice and standard stages on the other PPC threads

Stage I : PPC letters - Ignore

Stage 2 : Debt Collector letters - ignore

Stage 3 : Solicitors letters - ignore

and if still uncertain what to do try ignore :madgrin:

• 1 month later...

Update from me on this,

I have now recieved 3 letters, "charge certificate", "final reminder", "notice of collection proceedings"

This morning I have recieved a letter from "Legal Recoveries & Collections Ltd" which says the following:-

Dear Sir/Madam

Athena ANPR Ltd - Outstanding Account

We act for Athena ANPR Ltd.

We are instructed to apply to you for the total balance due to our client of £115, being the amount owing by you to them under the following:-

(gives details)

Unless payment is received by 11.00 am on Wednesday 24th November 2010 Court proceedings may be issued without further reference to you. Should this course of action be taken, you may be required to pay Court costs, interest and fixed solicitors costs which may substantially increase the amount you will be liable to pay.

Ive not seen any reference to LRC ltd anywhere and I presume that the appropriate advice is to carry on ignoring these letters.?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ignored my first letter (Charge Certificate) from Athena ANPR Ltd wanting £90 reduced to £45 for an overstay of 15 minutes but wifey got to the second one ((Notice of Collection Proceedings) before me & hit the roof. It's hard to convince her, a non-driving, chauffeured back-seat-driver that if you do 20,000 miles per year the odd speed ticket & parking fine will inevitably result. Although she took some comfort from the advice & assurances published on websites & forums like this one, she like me is not really comfortable with the prospect of a virtually endless stream of intimidation through the letter-box & the unwelcome possibility of a pair of heavies turning up at the door one day. Anyway she has "encouraged" me to do a bit more than sit & wait.

I first phoned Lidl & told them that, as a faithful & regular customer, I do not take kindly to the intimidating bully-boy tactics of extortion Athena uses. I told them that I can provide some, but not all, of the receipts I have from shopping at Lidl at various times & they have said they'll forward my complaint to their Car Parks Manager. I'm still waiting to hear what they'll decide & I'll keep you posted.

Next I emailed Athena confirming I'm the keeper, asking them to take up the matter with the driver & reminding them that they cannot require me to provide details of the driver. I also told them I've made a complaint to Lidl, am waiting for the outcome & they should send any further communication to Lidl. Will let you know how that pans out.

It does strike me though that I should have complained to Lidl right from the outset. If their customers don't complain then they'll remain convinced that putting car parking administration in the hands of smart-assed opportunists & licensed criminals constitutes a good business model. A similar thing happened to me at a Waitrose but, because they planted a ticket on my windscreen, I was able to deal with it straight away, face-to-face in a crowded supermarket, in a load voice in front of an apologetic supermarket manager who cancelled the ticket.

There is no need for Lidle to use these kinds of companies. A Sainsburys near me requires you to buy a £1 ticket from a machine for two hours parking which you get back if you spend £5 or more & you don't get screwed if you get back a bit late because inevitably you have given them a justifiable profit for your 2+ hours parking.

I agree with voting with your feet & have told Lidl that I'll not be shopping with them again unless they deal with this charge & tell Athena to go away.

I hear that there is bill currently going through the Commons about all this & it's due to be heard in a few months time. If it succeeds then I reckon forums like this one & various consumer & motoring organisations should hang on to it's tailcoats to push for further reform of what has become legalised extortion of the motorist purely because they are an easy & soft target.

I am old enough to remember yellow lines & parking meters being introduced into the UK to ease congestion in busy high streets & improve road safety. I am not conscious of the British public ever being given justification for the rational for these measures being changed from safety to revenue raising.

Pilch

Relax, No heavies are ever going to be turning up at your door over this.

You should not have bothered contacting Athena, ignore all the rubbish they send you, it is not that hard to do.

regards

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's entertaining, & empowering, playing mind games with the likes of Athena, especially when you learn they are nothing more than a bunch of chancers without a legal leg to stand on. But there are, for every one of you, countless numbers of others that, either because they lack the knowledge, strength, or anger & fortitude, just cough up & this makes all the hassle from consumeractiongroup forum members financial small-beer.

I recently recieved two letters; one from Lidl saying the charge would be cancelled & another from Athena saying it had been cancelled. I had complained to Lidl sending their customer services a couple of ranting emails which basically said that Athenas actions were immoral & would probably, like others in their "industry" be declared illegal in a private members bill coming soon. I also pointed out that their relationship with these companies did not make business sense because if I recieved any further demands from Athena I'd never set foot in another Lidl supermarket.

I prefer this outcome. Jaw-jaw, not war-war, & more chance supermarkets will review their policies & Athena & their pals go bust..

Now if only the Local Authorites were as sensible regarding the highway robbery they blatantly commit with their parking "fines" & "safety" cameras. Come the revolution Brother...........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for all the helpful advice on here, I too have received a charge notice from LIDL for overstaying in their car park. Problem is my car is registered in my Mum's name and her being old fashioned thinks she is going to get in trouble. I want to take your advice and just ignore the letters. Anyway the question is this - are they able to get my Mum's telephone number and ring her about it? Thank you

I doubt if they'll obtain her number & call her because it would probably constitute a breach of their own association guidelines & would be viewed as harassment but........ it is technically possible.

Just for your own & her peace of mind, contact Lidl & complain. If you can send them copies of bills or bank statements to demonstrate that you or she are genuine regular customers & your infringement was not excessive they should listen; especially if you threaten to never set foot in another Lidl if they don't cancel it.

That's what I did & they cancelled mine.

You could sit & bluff them out, & all the research I've seen suggests that it works but, if the likes of Lidl get enough complaints they'll have to change the way they run their carparks & you & your mum will get a quicker resolution with any luck.

It's important that you DO NOT give them the name of the driver. Only the Police & Local Authorities have the legal right to demand this info & without it Athena can do nothing but bluff & harass people.

I would be very wary of sending things like bank statements to a private company. Remember you do not have to justify yourself to them or anyone else that runs a private company.

regards

Thanks Pilchard I'll do that.

I wouldn't!

Just completely ignore them. They have no right to you having to justify yourself, and , as letshelp points, out, you should never send such sensitive and personal data to a 3rd party.

Feel free to raise a very vocal complaint in Lidl, making sure plenty of people can hear you, but don't feel you have to "prove your innocence".

HELP! Our company secretary has sent a letter to Lidl telling them I was the driver.I asked them not to pay and ignore this as per this forum.They now sent a letter to say they are sending in a collection agency/bailiffs.

What shall I do now?

Ignore them collection agency means nothing, just more letters to ignore. The threat of bailiffs is nonsense they could only be used after an order from a court! Its all just scare tactics, by knowing the driver they may be encouraged a little more, but will in 99.9% of cases give up after awhile!

I would be having a word with your company secretary asking them under what authority did they give your details to a unofficial third party.