CIVIL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE , Lidl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I must say this forum is full of very helpful information. 8)

My partner has just been stung with a ticket at our local Lidl.

I had already decided these asswipes were not getting our money but this site has really helped to set my mind at rest... and my partners. She would have paid the dam thing!:!:

I have photographed one of the signs... I quite like the bit about profit going to charity!!!! lol.

I bet that happens.

h ttp://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Legolas1981/sign.jpg

(sorry cant post links as this is my first post - you will have to reconstitute the above yourself) These companies are evil, scaring people on one hand and then making out their money goes to a good cause on the other. These people are no better than the conmen who you see on rogue traders.

Anyways... My partners car was done for staying 3 hours on sat night/sun morning and at the moment we have just got the standard letter. She was not driving the car but recieved the 'invoice'.

I know most people state to just ignore the letters... but I do like an arguement and there have been a few recent mentions of success in sending letters on this thread.

Do you think I should give them a std letter stating dont know who was driving etc, you have no basis to ask for money and you wont be getting it etc?

I was also wondering what your thought about the sign? I'm sure that many people have been scared into paying by this sign and the letters.

Lets wait and see what happens...

Again, thanks for all the great advice.

:-)

sign.jpg

So they are saying that any "profits" go to charity. Civil law states that the only money they can demand off somebody is the actual loss suffered by the landowner. If they are asking for an amount of money that generates a "profit" then that is not a reflection of the actual loss suffered .

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I just got one of these "Civil Parking Charge Notice" for having the nerve to spend £126.87 in Lidl but take 01:42:35 (hrs/min/secs) to do so. I was only allowed 01:30:00 !!!

I have contacted Lidl (on 020 8971 1100) and told them to make sure that I do not receive any follow up letters from Athena LTD or their partners or I would cease shoppiing at Lidl.

I offerd to send them a scan of the receipt but they said that was not nedded. They took details of the "PCN" and gave me a refence number saying they would sort it out.

They did initally try and say that the parking was not run by them but backed down when I politely reminded them that I shopped at Lidl not Athena Parking.

I think if you are a genuine Lidl customer try this route first - if not, follow the rest of the advice on this thread and ignore the letters no matter how threating they get.

All the best and good luck,

Keith