Typical APRs - The Disappointment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have lost track of the number of times I've applied for the latest 'offers', only to be given an APR far above the typical. Ok, so I'm young, non-homeowner, but 19.9% after the advertised 7.9% seems a little inflated to me!

I know the pros of pricing like this: Companies can offer lower APRs by penalising the 'high-risk' customers. However, there is no way I would take out a 19.9% loan, so I am left with the inconvenience of having a non-productive credit search to my name.

What are people's feelings towards Risk Based Pricing? Would people prefer a flat APR offering? Are Typical APRs confusing?

Hiya Pompeygirl,

Great name lol Now this is one of the reasons I'm going to court with MBNA

in my case the APR started at 16.9% then went up to 24.9% for no apparent reason then finally it went up to 36.9% disgusting you bet.

Plus ontop of that they added PPI which i did not request as it would not pay out due to a pre-medical condition.

I have sent them an S.A.R but had no response they then passed the debt to Optima Legal so i sent them a CPR PART 18 but again so response

It was finally passed to portsmouth county court and i got am AQ from them to fill in which i did but could not attach my directions to it as i could not plead due to no docs as MBNA have now committed a criminal offence.

Cant wait for my day in court because this whole affair is now winding me up.

Regards

Leon (pompeyfaith)

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Standard APRs are a waste of time, though in theory there are supposed to work.

A certain percentage (think it's 66%) of loans generated through the advertisement of a specific APR must be of that APR. Problem is there is little way of actually proving this one way or another. It's another unenforceable and pointless piece of legislation.

I think what would be better is that lenders have to provide a list of percentages of ALL loans charged at various APRs to allow people to see how generally offers the best deals.