Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well yesterday i thought i had a letter from an elderly care home (Elmwood Park) complete with yellow paper and leaves at the top! Reading through i was waiting for the offer of new residential care at a discount price complete with incontinence pads. They had a proposal to share with me after all.

No such luck.....guess what it is Link outsourcing offering fantastic offers and a monthly repayment plan. What kind souls they are and believe it or not at 0% interest. I was so tempted......do i burn it/microwave it/shred it/bin it. The choices are endless. mmmmm did i mention the default?

SLink at it again......

• 5 months later...

Link Financial Limited are back to their old ways: bad business practices...

Link Financial Limited are now sending out letters, care of Link Financial Outsourcing Limited:

"We have appointed Link Financial Outsourcing Limited 'Link' to administer and recover your debt on our behalf."

Many of these letters, probably another 'Link' mass mailing, are being sent out to consumers who had put their accounts into DISPUTE.

Also, Link are bomarding consumers land lines and mobile phones with false stories about their mail being returned to them and that they need to re-deliver same.

Covert tactics and breaching the OFT Guidelines on Debt Collection, again!

This new strategy does make one raise and eyebrow or two!

Time to complain to the OFT and Trading Standards, again.

Hi, Just thought I'd up date you re:Link. After using much of your advice and letters, link have not sent me a demand letter since I put the account into dispute beginning last November! I sent back all their letters with my letters highlighted in bright yellow marker pen what consumer act they were breaching just in case they couldn't read well or didn't understand the law. Seems to have worked, all is quiet. Link have probably sold my account to some other poor bugger, which of course they shouldn't do because it is in dispute. Should anyone else rise to the surface demanding money I shall tell them they were sold a duff 'in-dispute' account!:-D

Hi

Link Financial Ltd and Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd are two completely different companies and each has a different registered number - but may have the same directors - I have not checked yet. Its the Burdell's again?!

Therefore, guys if your account was assigned to Link Financial Ltd - why are Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd writing to you. Technically, they seperate legal entities. The assignment should be to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd if they are the company writing to you.

Also, they both have seperate Consumer Credit Licence numbers. Have Link Financial Ltd had their licence withdrawn? Hmmm?

Something fishy going on!

Good luck:-D

We had a letter from link financial (can i bloody find the thing) saying it was a final response letter, about 6 months ago, didnt hear anything again, but 2 weeks ago phonecalls started saying they wanted to speak to my hubby and that it was 'link'... they rang him when i wasnt here and he isnt good on the phone to these guys, they were trying to get him to commit to £5 pm, he said they need to speak to me about it (phewww)... so have had letters saying link financial outsourcing and says link fiancial is current owner of balance and that they have appointed link financial outsourcing 'link' to administer and recover debt on their behalf..... its all very very confusing... i currently have problems with hfo services/hfo capital cayman islands/ hfo capital ireland, i went to court for that debt won my case as was very confusing who owned debt, they won an appeal and went on to win the case... i wouldnt let this link one go to court its for under a thousand for all the stress ive had i wouldnt make hubby do what i had to go thru and will have to throw in towel if it comes to it :(

Link Financial Limited, are getting Link Financial Outsourcing Limited to do their dirty work!

Link Financial Limited, had requirements imposed on them by the Office of Fair Trading and basically now have to keep their proverbial noses clean.

However, their new strategy will not work; 'Link' are breaching the OFT guidelines once again.

Please complain to the OFT.

Never speak to 'Link' on the telephone; keep everything to the written word.

If, you do speak to them on the telephone, record the call on Truecall.

Remember, their intention is to intimidate and get you to agree to a payment plan...'Link' must be desperate.

Edited by angry cat
typo

Perhaps someone out there can give me some advice?

A long story cut down to the basics. Self employed since 1980. Built up 45 man company in Germany. Divorce -paid large settlement. Returned to UK 2002 Worked for 2 major clients both went t*ts up owing me some 150T. There seems very little chance of recovering any monies. Took out credit cards to stay alive. Got into default on almost everything. Made arrangement with all creditors of £5 per month. Except mortgage and secured loan. Got a job (first “employment” in 30 Years) made redundant 6 months later. Receive no JSA. I was contacted by Link Financial I think in 2008. I was under the impression I was also paying them the £5 a month. I was then contacted by them in Dec 2010 with a Letter Before Action. Stating full payment must be made of CC proceedings would be issued. I phoned them and said I was paying the agreed amount and could not afford the full sum £5842.41. Heard nothing until 18 Jan 2011 when I received CC Claim from Northampton CC. With a 14 day response time. I had not seen your forum up to this time or I would have demanded to see their legal documentation as to the validity of their claim, anyway declared myself liable with separate defence letter which strangely had to be sent to Link financial and not to the court. The Judgement returned with a repayment of £7291.12 to be repaid by installments of £5 per month. Received Notice of transfer to our local county court for redetermination last week. Obviously Link are not happy with the Northampton decision. I, after reading the threads about Link, was rather worried as to their real intentions. Are they after securing a hold on our property or just wanting more money- I suspect the former. Can I still demand to see documentation validating their claim? Can I ask the court for more time to prepare my defence should they not provide said documentation? Should I use the same letter of defence as for the Northampton?

This is almost the last straw. I have been fighting both mortgage providers for the last 3 years who both have suspended possession orders on our house and a wife with MS.

To know we are not the only ones out there with the sh1t up to our necks is a comfort at least.

Hi Pathway,

Below are the directors who are involved in all of the Link Emperium. They also have an offshore organization not logged below called

LCH EUROPEAN PORTFOLIO HOLDINGS LIMITED

Name:

SELINA LEE BURDELL

Address:

CAMELFORD HOUSE 89 ALBERT EMBANKMENT, LONDON, SE1 7TP

Date of Birth:

03 May 1969

Nationality

BRITISH

Name:

PAUL DAVID BURDELL

Address:

CAMELFORD HOUSE 89 ALBERT EMBANKMENT, LONDON, SE1 7TP

Date of Birth:

13 Jan 1959

Nationality

AMERICAN

LF ASSET HOLDINGS LIMITED

Director

19 Nov 2009

LF EUROPEAN HOLDINGS LIMITED

Director

19 Nov 2009

LF EUROPEAN PORTFOLIO HOLDINGS LIMITED

Director

19 Nov 2009

LF OUTSOURCING HOLDINGS LIMITED

Director

20 Nov 2009

LINK FINANCIAL LIMITED

Director

29 Jan 1999

LINK FINANCIAL OUTSOURCING LIMITED

Director

28 Oct 2009

Also, reported in the, Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362603/Judge-writes-customers-20-000-credit-card-debt-hearing-hounded-repay-money.html

Judge Chambers said: ‘The calls were a form of torture, oppressively frequent in amount and often without attribution to an identifiable number.’ [/Quote]

Looks like Link Financial are not listening, though.

Link continue to make multiple calls daily, which are untraceable!

This is exactly what I'm going through with Link.

Paying them back monthly and was tricked/forced/threatened into them securing a Charging Order on my property.

Despite regular payments they obviously want my money quicker. I'm telephoned on average 5 times a week by them and this has been going on for 3 months. I don't answer any of their calls (from an 029 number) and despite them leaving 'friendly sounding' messages asking me to call back, I never do.

If it's so urgent, surely they'd write to me?

I've said it before but I really cannot stand this bunch of crooks. Them and DLC, I wish they'd go and fall off a cliff somewhere and take their bullying, torturous tactics with them.

Hi all the people on this thread Flaminscoty here,

I note that there have been 59,530 views on this thread regarding link financial!

I have been a victim of this debt collection agency and cant help wandering how much evidence does it take for the FSA and OFT to start listening to the general public regarding the way this company deals with the debt collection,and how have they managed to get away with what they do?

how many more people are going to suffer/

I know that there are several GAGERS who have been attempting to get enough evidence to try and get the government bodies who are tasked to keep thees people in check but nothing much seems to be happening?????

How long does it take for the FSA OFT DoFT to act??

Flaminscoty....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello all,

No word from Link for ages. Tele. call on Friday. Told them I was ill (which was true) and that I would not speak to them until they provided the correct docs. under Sec.77/78. They told me they didn't have to send anything.

Ha! A letter this a.m from Link Financial Outsourcing and a document which was (guess what?), another copy of the original application for a Virgin Credit Card!! I've got several of those now!

Report nuisance telephone calls immediately...The little known 1477 service...

After receiving notification & a congratulations call that I had won an ‘all expenses paid cruise to Florida’ today simply by pressing 9 on my phone, I remembered that I read once that If you ever got a nuisance telephone call you can get a trace facility put on your line. When you get such a call simply dial 1477 immediately after the call and a record of the call is logged. You must do this within ten minutes of the call for it to be valid in law.

Essentially this number generates a special fault in the switch which passes the details to a monitoring system. This spots this type of fault and routes a copy to a malicious call database. Information is taken straight from the switch and the caller cannot mask their number. Power diallers are spotted against a list and usually receive a 'request to stop' sent from your service provider. Other sorts of callers of a more sinister or nasty nature may get a visit from the police.

The 1477 service simply identifies & logs the calls on the network as ‘nuisance’. This is only for the identification of nuisance/malicious calls, hence the number is not circulated as it is only usually given in relevant circumstances as overuse of the system would dilute its' effectiveness in identifying true malicious calls.

Because it needs to be supported by a Police investigation into the nuisance or malicious calls, once you have a crime reference number and have identified 3 calls using the 1477 system the investigations Office can contact your service provider to obtain the necessary details to trace the calls.

As nuisance calls are a criminal offence under the Telecommunications Act this needs to be investigated by the Police and the necessary actions taken in consideration of the law. After service providers provide any information necessary it is the Police's responsibility to investigate such issues.

It's great when all you can easily seem to get in this world is advice. It's also great when it is free. Wouldn't it be better if having followed all the advice, like being ex-directory, on the telephone preference service list etc, etc, you didn't actually still get nuisance calls? Oh yes, you have to pay for things that work, like 'anonymous caller rejection services' & the like. Come on lets have this kind of thing for free too. That would be useful wouldn’t it?

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year to you all.

Phone calls stopped from Link 'cos I refused to speak to them. However the January letter has arrived today. Same as Jan 2008 letter. Basically saying not returning their calls, and "as the owners of your account we expect to recover the balance from you. Our intentions are not to to leave unpaid, etc etc.

Did anyone else have this letter?

Same here - they kept phoning (usually the same bloke but with a different name each time!) and of course i won't speak to them. I let them go on for a while to bump up their phone bill and then disconnect... I have been getting monthly letters from some woman who won't let this go on any longer!!! Scary not...anyway the letters keep the postie and the recyclers in a job so slink please keep sending them.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, been reading all this and glad I did so signed up to get your thoughts. I have had my CC balance handed over to Link in the last few weeks, I called Link yesterday as they had left several messages on my mobile/house. Also a number of text messages. I have'nt yet received any letter from them though.

When I spoke to the adviser, usual thing, very pushy and asking if I could clear the balance. I told him that I hadn't received a letter from them and that one should be sent out in the first instance. He replied. we sent you one on the 12th of this month, I asked for them to resend it again please and all he did was divert to try and talk about the balance. At this point, I said until you send me a letter I do not acknowledge this bill, send me a letter then I will take it from there via letter only. He said "We prefer to deal over the phone here" lol...

I replied, "I like to have paper trials" he replied "sure, we'll play along"

Joker....

So, after reading many comments the way forward is to first send a CCA request and give them the 12 days?? One thing I dont understand after seeing all the replies people are having back from Link is the letter from MBNA 3 weeks ago said...

"Following previous correspondence, which confirmed the termination of your MBNA credit agreement, please note you are still required to repay...."

This is what, according to many people Link are saying, that the agreement has been terminated therefore no CCA can be provided.

Whats the best way forward people?