Question regarding 1st Credit

Mrssmiff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. I am new to this and hope you can help and that I have posted this in the appropriate place!

My husband received a letter today on Royal Bank of Scotland Credit Card Operations headed paper. It gave an account number and stated that they had passed unpaid credit card debt on to 1st Credit.

My husband has never had any type of account with Royal Bank of Scotland and there was no outstanding balance stated. It gave an address and telephone number for further communication and I checked the number and it was 1st Credit. However, the telephone number for Royal Bank of Scotland at the top of the letterhead does not exist.

This all seems a bit suspicious to me and my husband emailed enquires at 1st Credit and stated that he has never been a customer of Royal Bank of Scotland. We now await their response.

Is there a possibility that 1st Credit are using this to lure my husband into telephoning them on another matter? Any advice on how to proceed with this matter? We live in Scotland by the way. Many thanks.

Hi there

Welcome to the forum. I think you must write to RBS advising that you have never had an account with them and ask them to confirm in writing that this was their mistake and your details would be retrieved from 1st Credit.

I dont know if 1st Credit would be trying to lure your husband. I think that if they had another matter they wanted to discuss with him they would contact him relating to that matter.

If this is a genuine mistake it should be cleared up pretty quickly.

Good luck

Gemspan

Thanks for that - I just wondered why the telephone number for RBS does not exist. Seemed a bit odd. I will take your advice and get hubby to write to RBS.

Definately write to RBS and do NOT fall for this, this could be someone trying to trick you. Normally you get this via Email, but it is known to done via Post. Also advise you to Shred all your post from now on.

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

I emailed 1st Credit explaining that my hubby had never had an account of any kind with RBS. Another letter arrived today, saying it is to do with Natwest, which makes more sense if they are all now owned by the same people. Their new letter states that they have received my recent communication regarding a dispute/query in relation to this debt. They will be contacting their clients and will let us know their response in due course, which may take at least one month. Unless I am querying the full balance I MUST contact 1st Credit IMMEDIATELY to "discuss payment of the debt amount you accept is due and payable."

Is this what I have read on other threads about not admitting to the debt?

You have effectively put into dispute this debt. Don't admit to anything until they produce all the documentation they have and, even then, refer to it as the "alleged" debt.

Do nothing until they come back to you. Don't get in contact with them or reply to their email. You have a response to your initial email stating that the debt is not yours.

Wait and see what they say. You are querying the balance!!! Don't know what they are going on about!!

Kind regards

Gemspan