Problems With Orange Contract

Pen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. My son has a mobile phone contract with orange it cost him about £30 a month,However most times when he is at home he cannot use it as he cannot get a signal. my son does not go out much so always uses the house phone. he is unable to use his free minutes or free calls on his mobile. We have put a different sim card into the phone and the phone works fine, in the past when we have complained they have replaced his phone but the phone is not the problem. They have said they will reduce his bill by £5,00 a month however he can only use the phone 10% of the time that's when he goes out so i don't think it is good enough.

I also don't think the phone is suitable for it's purpose but Orange disagree since it works when he is away from home. I would like to cancel the contract. what grounds do we have to do this, if any please.

Thanks Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

I agree with Orange. They cannot inform you that coverage will be in every area you wish to use, and it is unfortunate, but not Orange's fault, that your home is not covered. Nor can they be held responsible for local variations, such as building materials etc.

Sorry, but I dont think you can enforce contract termination on this basis - indeed, the reduction of £5 is more than they need to give, and more than I would have expected.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Hi Mr Shed, wow I was just looking for you funny enough under my subscriptions for info on tenancy agreements, I will send you a PM on it if that's ok.

Right back to Orange, yes I agree about coverage ect but we do live in a town not the back of beyound, and before signing the contract we did check the coverage for our area as my sons friend works for car phone warehouse and the covarge is ment to be excelant. It is for all other mobile suppliers OH and I use Vrigan and O2 without any problems seems a tad unfair then paying for a contract that he cannot use, the have checked his phone bill and all his free minutes are still there however my house phone is becoming horrendouse because of it.

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Of course Pen PM away :)

I do understand the frustration, but the onus is on you to ensure the package is fit for YOUR purpose. The package generally is fit for purpose, the onus was on your son to ensure that coverage was received in the relevant areas he required.

I agree that Orange, in the interests of customer service, SHOULD agree to terminate, but they are not legally obliged to do so.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks Mr Shed.

I will write to them and see what they say also I have sent you that PM.

Pen x

cases won