mackenzie hall, threating letter.

hallett2007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had this account with mackenzie hall that i have been paying for 2years at £10.00 a month.

they have sent me reduced settlement letters before but i received one today that says.

Dispite repeated requests for payment by our client, the above account remains unpaid. Our clients are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment. However, they are willing to accept a reduced settlement figure in order to draw the matter to a close.

Our client would prefer an amicable settlement, however, should the settlement amount not be paid ny to specified date, they will not hesitate to take futher action as may be appropriate.

Can they so this i have a standing order from my bank account each month for the arranged £10.75 which i have never missed.

Im so cross i only owe them £118.67 and they want me to settle the account with £94.94 WOW saves me loads.

;)

Perhaps that £118.67 is the remaining debt?

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

You might get one of those payslip looking printed letters from them next, telling you you have ignored them, seeing as I replied to their SMS message at work I AM ignoring these planks who are chasing a debt they can't collect on.

Don't forget to complain to their Trading Standards, who will pass you onto the OFT asking for copies of correspondence.....

If its the case they are hassling you for more money and sending you stupid letters send them a short note. Thank them for their letter urging you to pay up in full (almost) and that you have taken the opportunity to review your financial circumstances. Tell them these have changed substantially in recent months - credit crunch, rising oil prices, the general price of butter etc - and that from now on you will pay them £1 a month until the debt is settled. Unless of course they take into account what's already been paid and call it quits. Ask them for their complaints procedure and if they continue to act like a***holes lodge a complaint. If they ignore that complain to the Financial Ombudsman. If they deciide to investigate he'll charge them at least £400 - that's the entire profit gone and all for behaving like a bunch of greedy cretins. It may sound immoral but hey, its what they do!!