style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I have a car on Hp and fallen behind with the payments, my account has been passed to debt collectors (certified bailiffs) now - the paid me a visit yesterday and posted a card to call them (i haven't called them yet) Plan to do so this afternoon but a bit scared due to lack of money!:(

I'm just wondering do they have the rights to take the car away?

I have paid over a third off the balance.

Thanks

Edited by ben08

Thanks Peeps

But i think im gonna lose the car!! the had sent me a default notice, ive just called the collectors and they want 1k by tomorrow or they will have to return the acc back to car company so they can start court proceedings.

I start full time work next week, so i phoned the car Co to come to ask if they can add the arrears to the balance and start a fresh but the wont agree to it!

How long do you think the whole process would take because that could give me more time to try and get hold of the arrears money ?

Had same kind of situation years ago.

Two baboons turned up to remove my car. ok yep I was in some arrears but not a huge amount and I had paid over half what was due under the agreement.

OH had just been paid so we actually had the money in the house to cover the full arrears. Offered the money to the baboons, they refused and started to clamp car. OH rings trading standards, trading standards speaks to baboons, trading standards speaks to finance co and car stayed ;)

Lucky for us they turned up during working hours and someone was at TS to answer phone.

Dont just give up and give them the car, if you have paid over a third then you have a right to fight your corner.

I am sure there will be someone along later to give you some advice.

Sheraton

letsmakeamark is correct

if the baboons take the car you will get back all your payments for breach of contract

they cant take the car without a court order

if it was me i would let them take the car, then sue the butt off of the finance company

letsmakeamark is correct

if the baboons take the car you will get back all your payments for breach of contract

they cant take the car without a court order

if it was me i would let them take the car, then sue the butt off of the finance company

While at it get a hire car out and charge the finance company for that as well.

So whats cooking today ?