Tv licence problem

upsy_daisy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi cant find any section for this so i put it here if you move it tell me where to please;

My hubby was fined and taken to court over no tv licence for a day or so (all these people that dont even have 1 we went 48hrs) he was all in all fined £120 now we payed it all bar £20 and moved then we got a letter stating we still owed the £20 we payed it with a postal order well before xmas so sep/oct and have never heard a thing untill this morning we get;

From a company called MARSTON HIGH COURT ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

dated 8days ago saying a final notice from HMCS wigan for no tv licence and a ballance of £245 because the final £20 was never payed

we have rang them they was damn right nasty we rang the court it came from she said now its with them there is nothin we can do for you sorry but we did try to contact you

We havent had a single letter/call ever so now what?? help me please i have 24hrs 3little children and mental health issues so im not in work at the min

OMG here we go again:eek:

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

court papers finally issued 27th march they have to 27th april

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

Carpark management letter sent 22/10/2008

not heard anything-7th april 2009

TV.L is a big government con, I despise paying it..

Anyway sorry for that, feel better now it’s off my chest.

I am a little lost here, you either have to pay yearly monthly or quarterly.

I can not understand how you owe them 20.00, but if it was paid at the PO I can not see them having a leg to stand on.

Oh yeah and see the vans that drive around, they really can not tell if you have a tv switched on.

We are on the cash easy entry scheme with them its a payment plan but i cant find my postal order stub it was nrly 12months ago must ov been binned after i didnt hear from them its ****ed me off more to the fact cause of there **** up its now gonna cost me more than the original bill all for as they put it £20

RBOS round 2 prem letter sent 23/10/2008 14days and counting:rolleyes: no reply.....

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Ambrose wilson/reliable collections account in dispute letter sent 22/10/2008 finally replied to letter 1 today but too late:p no news or replies to anythin now:mad:

I'd say you need to hop down to the CAB and ask for help on this one.

went today they have no apt till next week..so im fooked there gonna be here before i get in to see them how do i handle them?

RBOS LBA sent 11/11/2008

Marston are the new name of 'Drakes' they are the bailiffs that got all the bad press after a TV documentary not so long ago, they bought up a small company and now use their name to clean up their image.

Firstly, NEVER ever let a Bailiff into your home.

Secondly, it appears the court probably did write to you at your previous address, because you never responded the debt was passed to Marston's / Drakes, they've traced you to your new address and now seek payment.

Last but not least I suggest you write to the Post Office (I believe their investigation section is at Chesterfield) tell them which Post Office you purchased the Postal Order at, Date , Amount and whom payable to, I'm sure they can trace it. Surprisingly you are probably the only one to buy one for that amount on that date so then they'll have the Serial Number.

The £20 Marston's are after is for the balance of the £120 fine imposed by the magistrates court, not you defaulting on the CEE scheme.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I lived in my own flat in 2002 but had a really bad car crash whereby I almost lost my life. I moved back in with my parents after that and was unaware that my T.V license hadn't been paid and I was having letters sent to the flat. Recently I have received a letter to my parents house from Marstons demanding £390 or they will remove goods. This is the first I knew about any of this. I have tried contacting them to set up a payment scheme as I am a lone parent and only work part time so it is impossible for me to make this full payment. Every time I ring I speak to a nasty woman who says "thats ur problem" and puts the phone down on me. Are they right when they say they will not accept a direct debit of £25 per week off me?

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I lived in my own flat in 2002 but had a really bad car crash whereby I almost lost my life. I moved back in with my parents after that and was unaware that my T.V license hadn't been paid and I was having letters sent to the flat. Recently I have received a letter to my parents house from Marstons demanding £390 or they will remove goods. This is the first I knew about any of this. I have tried contacting them to set up a payment scheme as I am a lone parent and only work part time so it is impossible for me to make this full payment. Every time I ring I speak to a nasty woman who says "thats ur problem" and puts the phone down on me. Are they right when they say they will not accept a direct debit of £25 per week off me?

HI P.Griff82 and welcome.

If I were you I would start a new thread about this problem.

I might be wrong (as I usually am according to my hubby), but if you can prove that you did not live at the address after you accident then you are not liable for any TV licence.

Have you since moved back into your original address? Or were you claiming benefits etc from your parents address?

If you have proof that you were not there at the time the TV Licensing people say you were then you should fight this.

After all £390 is a lot more than the licence fee so they have really over inflated their charges to begin with.

Somebody will advise you further on this one.

Good Luck and hope you are recovering

Elaine x

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

definately dont pay anything, esp to drakes [ops they've got sheeps clothes on now!]

get in contact with the TV.L explain what happened .

they might ask for evidence [that should be easy!]

and all should be sorted.

make sure they contact marston to get the debt cancelled. or atleat advise them immediately its in dispute.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is a lot of correspondence missing here. There will be a couple of reminders and probably a visit or two from TVL, then a letter before action warning that they will apply to a court to enforce payment, then the summons and the court judgement for that summons.

There is bound to be at least a couple of letters after the court judgement and then letters and visits from the bailiff.

Are you saying you have received nothing at all griff?

How long were you in hospital and who terminated the tenancy and cleared your things from the flat?

Marston are the least of your worries and the fees added are not excessive.

It could be that your parents opened this mail but decided that you had enough to worry about without TVL adding to it. You should ask your parents about this.

Your first call is to the court to get this judgement set aside as this is a criminal offence and you could go to prison.

You must contact Marstons and let them know what you are doing.

Can you put some dates on how long you lived at the flat and how long you were in hospital and the expirey date of the tv licence?

There is a lot of correspondence missing here. There will be a couple of reminders and probably a visit or two from TVL, then a letter before action warning that they will apply to a court to enforce payment, then the summons and the court judgement for that summons.

There is bound to be at least a couple of letters after the court judgement and then letters and visits from the bailiff.

Are you saying you have received nothing at all griff?

How long were you in hospital and who terminated the tenancy and cleared your things from the flat?

Marston are the least of your worries and the fees added are not excessive.

It could be that your parents opened this mail but decided that you had enough to worry about without TVL adding to it. You should ask your parents about this.

Your first call is to the court to get this judgement set aside as this is a criminal offence and you could go to prison.

You must contact Marstons and let them know what you are doing.

Can you put some dates on how long you lived at the flat and how long you were in hospital and the expirey date of the tv licence?

All letters and correspondence were being sent to the flat that I used to live in and only recently did I recieve one to my parents house which was the first I knew about it. I have been going through court to get full custody of my son so maybe they have somehow obtained my parents address through that. My parents handed my keys in for me but it was a few weeks after the accident and there were no letters there then. It is possible that the television fine was put in place from those few weeks after the crash that I had the keys to the flat but was staying at my parents. Because of this reason I am willing to pay the £390 but the main problem is that it is impossible for me to find this amount of money within a few days which is what Marstons are demanding. I can pay £25 per week through direct debit to come out of my wages but thats the best I can do right now. I thought that this would be good enough for them as I am willing to pay it but they just keep saying I can't and then put the phone down on me.

I had an issue with TV Licence last year. When I left my ex, my ex write to state that the tv licence at our (well then mine) address was now in my name, and I did the same. When I moved to a new address I was paying tv licence and they came to my door to tell me I didnt have one, and I was in fact paying from my bank account for my ex's!!! (which he was doing also). I got this corrected but you do think I got refund? Nope because ex had to organise and would then be issued in his name!!!