style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all can anyone help me please ive had a visit off a bailiff today due to council tax arrears i havnt let him in cause i hid and i havnt signed a walking possesion order which he is eager for me to let him in my home and do the paperwork he was due bk at 4pm today which he did call bk but after looking on this site i copied a letter out and stuck it on my front door which he has took with him i have also sent one to the head office he posted back a final notice im so scared its untrue i have 4 children and worried sick what do u think will happen now?????

hiya all can anyone help me please ive had a visit off a bailiff today due to council tax arrears i havnt let him in cause i hid and i havnt signed a walking possesion order which he is eager for me to let him in my home and do the paperwork he was due bk at 4pm today which he did call bk but after looking on this site i copied a letter out and stuck it on my front door which he has took with him i have also sent one to the head office he posted back a final notice im so scared its untrue i have 4 children and worried sick what do u think will happen now?????

THERE is no need to be frightened. These people's bark is worse than their bite. In fact, if you carry on refusing to let him in and do not sign anything, there is nothing he can do except winge, grumble and stamp his feet like baby. If he comes again, ignore him. There's no need to talk to him or even to acknowledge his existence.

What you need to do is contact the council and get them to take back the debt. Tell them that you are willing to make an arrangement to pay whatever you can on a regular basis, but make sure you only offer what you can afford.

It also sounds to me that you are a vulnerable person. Council's have 'a duty of care' for people in vulnerable positions, e.g. people on benefits, who are ill or pregnant, etc. In such cases they should not use bailiffs. If the council at first refuses to take back the account, make sure you have told them everything they need to know about your situation.

I know it's easy to say, but please remember that council-tax bailiffs rely on fear. In reality they are paper-tigers and there is nothing they can do to you.as long as don't open the door and keep your doors and windows shut.

hi fairplay77 thank you so very much for the message bk i appreciate it.... i say they rely on fear im shaking like a leaf ive got windows and doors locked blinds shut and my staff pet dog by my side i will get onto the council straightaway (the men from jacobs are so nasty and intimidating) i will remember to tell the council everything as they dont know im suffering from post natal depression

Jacobs again :mad:

Boltonbabe, I can wholeheartedly agree with you that their representatives are very nasty and intimidating. However as you have allready been told there is nothing they can do as long as you dont let them in.

Well done for putting a note on your door, whatever you do DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR no matter what.

I have just submitted a very strong and comprehensive complaint to my local authority in resect of Jacobs and the matter is also being looked into by the police (although somewhat reluctantly).

I hesitate to give advice as there are far more knowledgable people than me however what I will say is make sure that you keep every single letter that they stuff through your door, ring your council as well as write but do not deal with anyone other than a senior recovery officer. This comment is not meant as any critisism of the lower staff but they simply do not have the authority to do what you are asking.

Lastly please, please dont be scared. This is rich coming from me given that they have recently scared the pants of me but now I have decided to fight back my fear lessens each day and my confidence grows :)

Sheraton

hiya sheraton thanks for the message means alot that im not alone the guys on here are absolutely great... my door is locked i just get scared when i have to collect the kids from school just incase there waiting for me i feel sorry for my kids as ive had to keep them in after school as i dont want the bailiff asking them am i in then following them to my door well i havnt had nothing off the bailiffs since tuesday 4pm so hopefully they have realised that im not one to be intimidated by them haha (i can pretend)

BB

Guys.

Im 6 foot & 16 stone and they used to scare the hell out of me.

But not anymore.

Knowledge is power.

Know the law and understand its there to protect you, not to aid them to line their pockets.

Know your rights.

Understand them.

And then tell the worms where to go.

BE STRONG

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hi Boltonbabe

I too was a nervous wreck with a bailiff company,couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, became a prisoner in my own home but BELIEVE me follow the advice on here and you will win! Knowledge is indeed power. Tomtubby has given me excellent advice and because of that I am now in a position to fight back - legally. So please do take advice on here and everyone will help and support you through this. I know how scared you are feeling, but this will pass as you gain knowledge and support. Take care.

Sugar x

hiya sweet thanks alot for the message i am so greatful for the advice ive been given so far and doing everything what they advise me i cant believe i was going to just sit back and take what the bailiff said just for an easy life... im so glad i didnt let them in and sign that walking possesion order

im getting braver and not shakeing as much today

BB

Hi Bolton Babe it seems we had the same visit on Tuesday from good old Mr Brou*****, I to have refused point blank to speak with him so he has resorted to using lies lies and damned lies. My letter said he was coming back with a van to remove my goods even though I have NEVER signed anything.

I wrote to Jacobs on Tuesday and reminded them that I am paying at a level I can afford which they don't like. Got a follow up letter this morning saying that they don't need a Walking Possesion order to take things which I believe is wrong.

Don't worry we are all in this together.