MBNA Default Notice/CCA

empowered
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

" You must now pay £XXXX to this office by Wed March 11, failing which a summons will be issued for the full balance plus any continuing fees and costs.

That is inconsitent with running the account and must indicate termination.

David

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the agreement is terminated by them, they cannot reinstate the agreent without your agreement. (Which you are unlikely to give).

Puts them in a fix re your default notice, which correct me if I'm wrong is defective. Once the agreement is terminated they can't issue another one, they're stuck with it.

The more learned may help on this, (please) but as I understand it, the only claim that would hold water now is for the ammount specified on the notice to clear the arrears.

David

Once the agreement is terminated by them, they cannot reinstate the agreent without your agreement. (Which you are unlikely to give).

Puts them in a fix re your default notice, which correct me if I'm wrong is defective. Once the agreement is terminated they can't issue another one, they're stuck with it.

The more learned may help on this, (please) but as I understand it, the only claim that would hold water now is for the ammount specified on the notice to clear the arrears.

David

Thanks David - that makes perfect sense - sending off a "bemused" letter to Restons which I don't think will have much success but gotta try everything!:p

Hi empowered

Thanks David - that makes perfect sense - sending off a "bemused" letter to Restons which I don't think will have much success but gotta try everything!:p

I have not read your full thread but unless you are 100% certain this account is terminated I would urge caution in writing to Restons.

Are Restons demanding more than just the arrears?..... as their letter does not seem to be yet demanding the full balance.

Regards

SC

Hi empowered

I have not read your full thread but unless you are 100% certain this account is terminated I would urge caution in writing to Restons.

Are Restons demanding more than just the arrears?..... as their letter does not seem to be yet demanding the full balance.

Regards

SC

Hi SC

Thanks for looking in! The first para of Restons letter says:

"We are instructed by MBNA Europe Bank Ltd to claim immediate payment from you of the balance outstanding on your Overdue Credit Card, £XXXX, plus capitalised interest as appropriate".

So yes... they are demanding the whole amount:cry:

• 8 months later...

hiya empowered

just came across your thread today so am subbing as ive learnt again something interesting for my cases

any updates on this now though? if you can advise?

or is it at litigation perhaps?

anyway have a fun day all the same laters angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D