• Tweets

• Odd one this, I recieved 2 notice's for the 18th and 19th April stating that I overstayed on Wigan Robin Retail Park. Permitted Minutes 180. They state I was there 355 minutes on the 18th and 388 minutes on the 19th. Both times I was there around 10 minutes getting my wife a brew from costa after dropping the kids off at school.  On both days I had passed through there a second time around 3pm, again to get a brew then left. Both notices have 2 images each, Entrance and exit.  This is the interesting bit. The Entrance images both timestamped actually clearly show I am exiting the retail park not entering it. And the exiting images they provided show me leaving the carpark after visiting a second time later in the day. In the attachments You'll see all 4 images show that I am exiting, none of them are of me entering. I understand most if not all that see this post won't know the area but if the look at the map link i gave you'll see the road I was on leading up to the main road. g24 ltd 1.pdfg24 ltd 1.pdf GoogleMap view of the road I am on in the entrance images I would have had dashcam footage but I since formatted the memory card. I tried recovery tools but I couldn't get the files back.  
    • An update: I just got another PCN. I get the feeling that someone in the residence is calling OPS, as it's dated for a few mins after I parked. I won't appeal of course. Interestingly, our cleaner was also parked but didn't get a PCN. I asked them why and apparently they're whitelisted. I did ask the MA if they could whitelist me and they said they couldn't. Clearly they decided not to tell the truth. Surely, this would resolve all of the issues entirely i.e. we'd keep non-residents from parking, whilst allowing for residents to park without issue? Also, could OPS now take me to court for both PCNs separately, or could it be one case?    
    • I was with sse broadband until Jun 2023 at which point without notifying me they passed me to origin broadband who I was unaware is my supplier now -  My broadband at home kept working and I was under the impression that sse are taking direct debit payments from my bank account and everything is fine because the Internet has continued to work.  To my horror I have just noticed that origin broadband has been sending me PDF bills for £39 a month and the email heading has been showing as just no reply so I thought it was junk and never bother to check it.  I have now noticed a bill every month and now I owe them some £350. I did instruct origin to supply me Internet and therfore don't feel responsible for this debt.  What are my rights and is it a legal debt considered I did not sign any agreements with them - their first contact with me tho was very clever back in July 2023 trying to lure me into an agreement however because I just saw that email now I'm not sure what to do because I owe them 400 pounds nearly supposedly at 39 per month.  Our agreement with sse was for 26 per month but they shut shop and passed us to origin without asking our consent.    The following is what origin email said back in July before they stated sending invoice every month for payment.    We hope you're enjoying your reliable phone and broadband with us. We're just letting you know your phone and broadband package will end on 30 Jun 2023. Thankfully, good things don't need to come to an end - read on to decide what you want to do next.   Below you'll find the details of your current package and some other great options to compare it to.   What can I do - shall I just pay the debt and cancel it and move elsewhere or is there any way I can fight this as they are more or less enforced upon us with out permission by sse who most Likly sold our accounts to them.    Any help greatly appreciated 
    • whyisthis - Oh bless ya, it's so easily done.  Not worth losing sleep over; listen to the guys here, they know their stuff.  They won't take you to court, they'd get laughed out of it x
    • Monk - you are an experienced and respected member of this forum. Surely you realise how vitally important it is to respect court deadlines. There was no lack of knowledge.  You knew the deadline date.  You calculated it yourself in post 5.  It was written on the claimform.  Defence deadlines are written on probably a thousand threads on the forum. Sorry, but if you're up for a legal fight you also have to be up for organising yourself properly. As for now - 1.  pay it within 30 days and the CCJ disappears, or 2.  don't pay, nothing "legal" will happen, but you'll have a CCJ for six years.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCJ from CL finance (Howard Cohen)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It might just disappear never to be heard of again CCM. That happened with one of ours and I have not bothered to question it. Same situation as you, I wrote to the court and said they had not supplied the information and have heard nothing for a long time.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK can anyone cast an expert eye over the attached please:-D...I seek swift response to advise if HC Cohen have correctly complied?

Also a couple of statements...which you will see include a regular monthly protection scheme. Cant recall the detail sorry:-| - but in view of the amount of cover seems steep, anyone comment/advise please. A useless protection scheme:mad: ...a quick reckon up means its cost around £400 since June 06!

img-090114001520-0001.jpg

img-090114001520-0002.jpg

img-090114001520-0003.jpg

Season greetings at Christmas & Happy New Year to all!

County Court General Form of Judgement or Order says...

1. Allocate 'Small Track'

2. Use 'Small Claims Mediation' service.

Hearing date set on the Small Claims Track for 17th March.

Initially reply required to have this set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days - dated 16th January so must respond tomorrow to be within ideally:)

GCC16Jan2009.jpg

Hi DDD - i'm dealing with howard cohen also at the moment so good luck with yours.

Goldlady - sorry to hijack but i have a hearing with HC end of this week in court for them to produce docs. I thought if they didn't produce by then it would be struck out? (have a CO hearing in mar regarding this but the one this week is regarding a set aside i applied for).

Can the court give them more time? If so really what is the point of giving them a date and then not sticking to it? :confused:

Sorry, it's just that i'm panicking a bit now!

Lisa x

The court will probably give them more time, which seems unfair as I am sure we would not be given the same chance. However in my experience the court will lose patience with them in the end and you will get the case struck out. Just make sure you keep the court informed all the way along.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

may i formally bring to the attention of our subscribers the follwing post from alanfromderby

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=&a=149

Have you had dealings with a West Yorkshire based Debt Collection Agency?

If so, we have received this request for help:

I'm a journalist at the BBC, working in local radio in West Yorkshire. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has had dealings with any West Yorkshire based debt collection agencies. If you too are based in West Yorkshire that would be ideal, however I'm still very interested in hearing from people all across the UK.

After initial chats at some stage I may wish to do a pre recorded interview with you. If anyone would like to get in touch to tell me about their past or current situations with West Yorkshire DCAs please contact me at: [email protected]

unquote

• 1 month later...

Both poor reproductions but these are almost the same as the ones in the bundle they are or already have submitted to court for next week....which I have been also sent a copy. I contains thes and some copies of the letters they have sent with a small sample of statements I assume confirm the account has been used.

Also perhaps a red herring but they claim the card was 'lost' that is incorrect, I have an outstanding issue on what (if any protection) was afforded by the account fee I dutifully had collected regardless of account condition!

Edited by debtdebtdebt
not enough detail

hiya just noticed it s a debenhams account,,,is that it,,,no other terms and conditions,,,, that looks diff to mine,,,how old?

sorry going to read back over your thread now as only found it this eve,,,

brb agnel x - am back

now i can see the second page of your scan,,,are they suggesting this was together as one peice of paper? ie a document, but if you cant read it clearly then surely thats against the act ?

have you seen this thread about cca's will come back and post it for you to have a look

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements-guide.html

in the meantime have you seen this thread too?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/187437-howard-cohen-no-more.html

laters angel x

Edited by angel_1
  • Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya DDD

well i m waiting on my sars info,,,so not sure but cl finance have sent me terms that were supposed to be back of an app form but contains PIN info but in 2005 that was just coming out,,,,and ive been told my deb card account wouldnt operate on a pin card system - out of curiosity was yoru account only had to sign at the checkout,,,you didnt get any pin with yours even when the pin technology came out?

i challenged what i had initially and they admitted hadnt sent me correct info firstly then now they supposed to have still investigating these other terms at the moment ive been sent

i wish i can find my original paperwork, might have destroyed it ie fear of identity theft,,,lol

so my sars is my only hope,,,,going to report to inf com off now that is needed by me i think

well good luck and if i can help further even for support im subbed on your thread,,,

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Bump anyone???

Just need an experienced eye to give me a thumbs up/down on this on this photocopy? Is it a correct CPR document as I requested?

Much appreciated:)

Edited by debtdebtdebt
wrong content

It appears partly OK to me (has APR's for purchase and cash withdrawals)

However, if that is how the copy they sent you looks, theyre knackered

SI1557(think thats the one) "copies of documents" requires any copy to be easily legible

Hopefully someone else will pop along and give an opinion on other aspects, I'll have a think myself

• Haha 1

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Thanks ncf355.....I'm due in court on 17th March, running out of time.....eeekkk:cry:

I have the confidence to do this so long as I have all the right responses and they are accurate and correct.

Just a thought on the fact they are poor copies....the 2nd one only has the date as '18/12' is that OK....does not include the year! It also appears to be a short side covering the rest of the complete document it was copied from....so I make that incomplete...any comment on that?

Edited by debtdebtdebt
error and amendment

Its different to mine, and Clearer, but it does state application form on it. Is it a valid agreement I would say not but you need to check the thread about agreements etc, this is a sticky I belive in the debt forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

In short can anyone help ....due in court no papers served and I am really unprepared. hopeless case or naything I can do. I have clearly runout of time....can I plead exceptional circumstances on anything?

ANY help will be GREATLY appreciated......:eek:

hiya

only thing i can can think of click on the red triangle next to the scales and a mod will be alerted to this thread, maybe some legal expertise will then view your thread and see your next options

not got to any court yet so really cannot help in that direction - have you located any other threads with these creditors that people who have gone through this process may be able to help you further?

keep positive i will look in again over the weekend

take care laters, angel x

Morning, I'll have another read through the thread and get back to you later, in the intervening period this will bump the thread

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

Hi again DDD had a re-read and a look at the document. This is now clashing with Newcastle V Hull and, being a Geordie, well, you understand. On the face of it you might have a chance on two grounds, first the agreement looks illegible and second, all the sections do not seem to be within the four corners of the document although it is difficult to say, given the quality of the scan. I'll be back this evening, in the intervening period have a look at the link PGH747 posted and see what you think.

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.