• Tweets

• The Contract itself The airport is actually owned by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan. There should be an authority from them for Bristol airport group  to sign on their behalf. Without it the contract is invalid. The contract has so many  clauses redacted that it is questionable as to its fairness with regard to the Defendants ability to receive a fair trial. In the case of WH Holding Ltd, West Ham United Football Club Ltd -v- E20 Stadium LLP [2018],  In reaching its decision, the Court gave a clear warning to parties involved in litigation: ‘given the difficulties and suspicions to which extensive redaction inevitably gives rise, parties who decide to adopt such an appropriate in disclosure must take enhanced care to ensure that such redactions are accurately made, and must be prepared to suffer costs consequences if they are not’. The contract is also invalid as the signatories are required to have their signatures co-signed by independent witnesses. There is obviously a question of the date of the signatures not being signed until 16 days after the start of the contract. There is a question too about the photographs. They are supposed to be contemporaneous not taken several months before when the signage may have been different or have moved or damaged since then. The Defendant respectfully asks the Court therefore to treat the contract as invalid or void. With no contract there can be no breach. Indeed even were the contract regarded as valid there would be no breach It is hard to understand why this case was brought to Court as there appears to be no reasonable cause to apply to the DVLA.............
    • Danny - point taken about the blue paragraphs.  Including them doesn't harm your case in any way.  It makes no odds.  It's just that over the years we've had judges often remarking on how concise & clear Caggers' WSs have been compared to the Encyclopaedia Britannica-length rubbish that the PPCs send, so I always have a slight preference to cut out anything necessary. Don't send off the WS straight away .. you have plenty of time ... and let's just say that LFI is the Contract King so give him a couple of days to look through it with a fine-tooth comb.
    • Do you have broadband at home? A permanent move to e.g. Sky Glass may not fit with your desire to keep your digibox,, but can you move the items you most want off the digibox? If so, Sky Glass might suit you. You might ask Sky to loan you a “puck” and provide access as an interim measure. another option might be using Sky Go, at least short term, to give you access to some of the Sky programming while awaiting the dish being sorted.
    • £85PCM to sky, what!! why are you paying so much, what did you watch on sky thats not on freeview?  
    • Between yourself and Dave you have produced a very good WS. However if you were to do a harder hitting WS it may be that VCS would be more likely to cancel prior to a hearing. The Contract . VCS [Jake Burgess?] are trying to conflate parking in a car park to driving along a road in order to defend the indefensible. It is well known that "NO Stopping " cannot form a contract as it is prohibitory. VCS know that well as they lose time and again in Court when claiming it is contractual. By mixing up parking with driving they hope to deflect from the fact trying to claim that No Stopping is contractual is tantamount to perjury. No wonder mr Burgess doesn't want to appear in Court. Conflation also disguises the fact that while parking in a car park for a period of time can be interpreted as the acceptance of the contract that is not the case while driving down a road. The Defendant was going to the airport so it is ludicrous to suggest that driving by a No Stopping  sign is tacitly accepting  the  contract -especially as no contract is even being offered. And even if a motorist did not wish to be bound by the so called contract what could they do? Forfeit their flight and still have to stop their car to turn around? Put like that the whole scenario posed by Mr Burgess that the Defendant accepted the contract by driving past the sign is absolutely absurd and indefensible. I certainly would not want to appear in Court defending that statement either. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I will do the contract itself later.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

account off to collections department

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right this is the TOC's i got off Lloyds TSB when i opend my acount.

lloydstsb02.jpg

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

They are asking me by standard mail to repay debt.

Ive called them from the branch and been into the branch and said ive an ongoing court claim and I am asking them to recognise me as a hardship claim.

I did continue to pay charges into my account when I was able to aford it now I am on income support and I am disabled.

The Price of living is to high for me at the moment and a win would clear these debts of with them and maybe I can pay the electric board back with the money theyve taken from me.

Iam at a loss as to what to do and no one seems to be able to help.

I have been to the citizens advice and all they suggest is paying off the debt with money i would use for food.

Then i mention the dissability then they reccomend i dont do that. The only other alternative is a loan which no one will give me. And I will only be put into more debt because I wont be able to aford it.

From whative seen on other threads would these toc's be able to me the cca requirements in your opinion and if not could you give me a few tips on how to combat these people? Iam at a loss.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

Hi Josh, give me some time please and I will look through this. Promise.

This will entail me going through previous threads of yours. There has been some success on hardship claims. However, let me look through things please. That means your posts and others that might be relevant.

They should not have put you in this position and lets see what we can do to help.:)

Anyone else, please contribute.

cheers kenny

I Sent off a request to Lloyds back in feb 2007 to stop apply charges to my account and they refunded these with out any problems.

However they continued toapply them and I payed them back The some is now around £470 in total of charges and the account is £75 overdrawen.

I started the procedure again in december as they took my christmas bonus off me and I said they were aware i was unhappy with the fees they were applying to the account. However they were still continueing to do so.

I then sent them a further reminder and explained that I was on income support and that I was classified as someone with seriouS financial difficulties and someone who has a dissability. (not being able to make my gas water electrIc and at times food payments)

I then recived a letter saying that they were aware of my dificulties and any action not actually threatning action at this moment would be stayed.

So I went into the banch on a couple of occasions asking if They would refund my charges or give me a loan or an overdraft or suspend the charges non of these requests were met.

So ive started court proceedings and allmy attempts to get the stay lifted has been refused by the court. And rejected by Lloyds TSB. I have again submited all documents to the court and LLoyds and have not heard back I hand deliverd these doccuments on the 18th of this month.

Ive now found the terms of conditions in one of the boxes i keep old letters in and is not a resultof the cca request i was given this letter when i opend the account.

On top of all this i slipped down outside and hurt my back and I am now on anti depressants and pain killers due to the side effects of this case and the other financial difficulties.

Not to sure where to go from here on.

Terms and conditions do change over time. Even from the original signed terms and conditions, so unless someone contradicts me, this does not appear relevant, as you would have received letters informing you of changes over a period of time.

Lets focus on hardship and stopping bank charges and perhaps a partial reclaim.:)

In meantime, feel free to look at hardship claims by doing a search.

Take care and remember you are not alone.:)

Hi Josh IOU

I am starting to reclaim bank charges again, after previous successes. I will be looking to claim hardship being disabled and on income support.

I hope you have a different bank that your benefits are paid into- and you are claiming all you are entitled to. I know this may be telling you stuff you already know- if so sorry!

Just shout if you need anything- if I can help I will, even if you just need someone to moan to.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

deleted as suggested.

Edited by JOSH_IOU

Your problems are not a small deal- as someone who shares some of the same problems they can make life incredibly difficult. And having to deal with a bank/debts on top of everything can make things ten times worse.

About your benefits- Try contacting your local council welfare rights officer- they may be able to get you higher rate care on your DLA and hopefully mobility. I know myself it is hard to fully explain your problems- my DLA renewal is in four months and it makes me feel ill already- but welfare rights have heard it all and know the right questions to ask to tease the necessary details out of you. For my problems I get high rate care and low rate mobility.

I only asked to see if there is a way to get you more money to live on- if you want to delete it so no-one else sees feel free. You do have to protect your personal data so you can't be identified.

Have you got another bank account for your benefits to go into?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Emma thanks for that yes ive went with another basic account.

I am not sure my council has a welfare rights advisor. Might be another trip to the CAB.

If you want to check your local council website, they generally have a section on benefits and advice- that's where you should find contact details. All councils have a welfare rights officer I think!

As long as your benefits are getting to you without the bank getting their stcky mitts on them- that is the main priority.:D

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Josh, The account in question is a current account and does not give you any credit.

The Consumer Credit Act does not apply to current accounts so you can't make a request under the provisions of that Act.

The other option you have is to make a SAR under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. This costs £10 but you can request a lot more information. If you want to go that route let us know.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi kenny thanks for the update got a one of my own.

Been down to the courts to try and get my stay lifted today and got one of the girls at the desk to help me out.

After going back and forwards picking doccments up all day i snapped and says look what more evidence do you need? Im tired and hot and have a sore back ivesore feet from walking for the best part of the day.

She humed and eeeerd and said this should be ok.

So i says when will i get a hearing she says a soon as the judge has seen the order he will send one out. I says thank you and she says your welcome.

Lets see if they keep up to there end of the bargain.

I used my dissability and the hardship cases and the fact that if the court didnt follow the procedure it would make it worse.

Great work, Josh. I hope this works out for you.

To show hardship, Natwest are making me supply everything except dental records, while saying this may cause them to take my debit card, direct debit facility, etc, if I do! All for one bank charge of £38. If we weren't so hard up I'd tell them to stuff it.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

You need to show your income dose not exceed your expenditure

These gits want to know my full list of assets, liabilities and why I can no longer meet my "commitments".

And I am loathe to tell a bank anything I don't have to. Just because of past experiences.;)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Guest forgottenone
Your problems are not a small deal

Agreed. No problem is ever small ... It's a shame, though, reading your experiences with CAB ... and the court today, with the girl at the desk ... that apathy and empathy towards someone with an awful lot on their plate already are met with this. Was only listening today to some older people ... they put it very succinctly ... that in their youth they'd been brought up to say 'please, thank you' and generally treat everyone with respect, be helpful not for want of anything back in return but because that is how it should be, ... have an appreciation for others ... and how, met with the problems they discussed, that these days ... and reflected upon how nowadays unless you are rude, scream and yell ... saw it myself in hospital recently as a patient how 2 yobs intimidated staff ... for no real reason other than their friend who had been stupid with alcohol wasn't getting the attention they thought he should be ... staff had to threaten them with expulsion if they didn't stop ...

But ... at times ... people who have forgotten what it is like to show compassion, a caring nature ... towards people who have problems ... which are magnified by their other problems ... into a terrible mountain, a viscious circle at times ... need to relearn that.

Sorry, no wishes to hijack anyone's thread ... and I haven't put what I wanted to quite as well as I'd like ...

You have had to read my post i deleted to understand my problems. (they are not just financial.

You would understand how hard it is to keep my temper and the fact I didnt loose it i just breathed deeply so she could see i wasnt happy with whats going on was enough.

Th security guard was behind me sitting at his desk so if i was in any way out of order i would of known. He verry polite when i left the building and I was in return.

Mut be noted though i got a great smile of the lass afterwards.

As far as I know, I thought that the FSA said the banks need to have made every effort to identify hardship cases before they get that far. So this is the bank's method for identifying hardship cases, not that this will put off anyone who doesn't want a bank going through their entire financial position, ot take their cards off them.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Ive got a court date for a stay on Lloyds tsb.

I want to claim on hardship and dissability but dont really want to put my details into the forum.

You don't have to puit anything you aren't comfortable with- great getting a court date though.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08