Unbelieveable Bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My name is Catherine Thompson, and I am writing on behalf of my husband Paul,who has been charged over 10.000.00 (sorry no pound sign!). over the last six years by Lloyds TSB.

He doesn,t know how to get some of these charges back. I thought you could only claim 5000.00 in the small claims court, so we don't want to challenge 10.000.00 and end up with legal costs.

These charges have caused us years of misery, due to his weekly wages being wiped out by charges, leaving us no choice but to live off of credit cards. Then when we couldn,t afford the repayments on these, we had to remortgage our house twice.

Again this week the bank took 315.00 in charges, we contacted them for help and instead of any refund, they just increased his overdraft!

Please could some -one help!

First things first you must read the FAQ.

As for claiming amount over £5'000, all you need to do is split the claim. eg. claim for charges added in 2000 & 2001, once and only once that claim is settle do you then claim for 2002 & 2003, and so on until you have all your money back.

But read the FAQ first, and good luck.

Dear LEE6370,

Thanks for your advice, I have copies of all the statements necessary, and have written out a breakdown and sent it to LLoydstsb; asking for a refund, as the template in the library suggests, before taking action. thanks for your help,

Catherine & Paul Thompson.

Sorry to hear about your position.

Don't forget that after you have claimed back the charges, you can also chase

them for the interest you have had to pay on the unlawful charges. Did you

take out a loan before converting it to a mortgage?

I can see no reason why you cannot claim back the unlawful charge interest

included in the mortgages as well.

PS To avoid bank charges again, you can cancel any direct debits or standing orders

the day before they are due, if you know that you will be short on the day. Then

simply reinstate them when you have enough to cover them.

Hi Catherine.

Make sure that you read the FAQs and step-by-step guides, thoroughly.

It is important that you understand exactly what you are doing.

You will be taking a major financial institute, with unlimited funds and a large legal department to court.

The procedures used by members of these forums do work and if you follow them, You WILL get your money back......they are all well tried and tested.

Start your own thread in the appropriate bank forum, and if you have any questions, post them there. The answers will not be far away.

Read the threads in your bank's forum. This will give you a good idea of what to expect at each stage.

Good luck with your claim(s). :)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 3 weeks later...

Letter received two days ago, telling us no further consideration will be given to our plea for a refund. We have worked out, the amount owing with interest and the figure is 13096.21. I have a N1 form and have also started an on-line claim, I don't know which would be better to use for this large amount?. Also as we had to remortgage our house twice, after taking out expensive loans to repay creditors i.e. credit cards, how would I enter this on the form or on-line. We are really very worried now that this could all go pear-shaped, because were not too sure how to proceed. Any help appreciated.

Paul Thompson

Dear Catherine,

Before sending off your on-line claim, have you sent a letter before action (LBA) to Lloyds, 14 days after they received your preliminary letter? If not, the template is in the library, and I would suggest you do that first, in order to follow the proper process.

Good luck,

Kate

Preliminary Letter Sent: 05/08/06

Letter Before Action Sent:23/08/09

Money Claim Online Filed:11/09/06

Settlement Offered: 13/10/06

Wrote letter accepting settlement but rejecting confidentiality clause 16/10/06

Allocation questionnaire received 07/11/06

Phoned solicitor to find out what happening, told to resubmit letter accepting settlement but rejecting confidentiality clause 13/11/06

Received letter from Lloyds giving notice that they are closing my account in 30 days 18/11/06

Money received in full 20/11/06

Wrote new letter to Lloyds asking for repayment of all charges imposed since 11/09/06 on 21/11/06

If you split your claim for £5000 at a time your court costs will only be £120 each. With another £100 at the allocation questionaire stage.

Total cost if splitting the claim is £220 each not a penny more.

Its well worth working out the dates for £5000 worth of charges and claiming for these first, then claim for the other £5000 when you get the first lot refunded.

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

catherine what charges exactly have you claimed for to get the figure of

£13096.21 ?

for this figure it would go into fast track the risk is if you lose you could get costs of £750 on the plus is you can ask for standard disclosure ... something the banks want to avoid at all costs so to date have settled them all.

• Confused 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding our claim for 13k, this figure is for the six years worth of charges made on Paul,s account! plus interest as worked out on the action group,s calculator. Some months because he is self-employed they returned DD,s of 2.98, and charged him 35.00.per time. As this wiped out any wages earned in that week, he went over limit and was charged another 30.00, it soon adds up!

This has caused a lot of distress to us and our family so therefore we have put in a claim now for the full amount and we will keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks for your advice.

Hi Catherine, personally I'd follow the suggested advice of splitting the claim, but it's really your decision as to whether you do that. The reason I say I'd split it is because there are hundreds of people here who have been through the same process.

Good luck with your claim, whichever route you take.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

We,,ve just had a horrible thought, we didn,t include a schedule of the bank charges we are claiming for with the claim form, have we just lost the case! Is there any way we can sort this out before it gets thrown out of court? We were so worried about getting the wording right, that this was totally over-looked.

Ive just claimed for £13,500 worth of charges in one go. lloyds settled for the full amount after the allocation questionair was filed.

I know the risk of fees is higher but Lloyds will not go to court(see my thread)

Deep breath go for the full amount good luck

dont worry! who did you send the paperwork to? you can just send the schedule of the bank charges to them quoting the ref number. You need not worry you are in the right and you WILL get all your money back!

if this has been of help please click the scales in the top right corner.

• Confused 1

Thank you, we have sent the schedule of charges and spreadsheet to the court with a covering letter, just as well, we received a letter today from the court saying Lloyds tsb are defending all charges. Will we get an allocation questionnaire separately? Do we need to let them know we will be continuing with claim? Help please! Thanks!

You should get an AQ through within the next few days Catherine. There is help and advice available in the FAQs and Bank Template Library to help you fill it out :)

• Confused 1

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.