Faulty Car from Dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people,

I made the decision to reject the car and ask for a refund. The car is presently at Bedford Landrover in thier compound. Ive informed Luton Landrover (the dealer it was purchased from) of my decision to a ask for a refund. Ihave been told that I have to speak to the Regional Sales Director on monday. Conveiniently, no one in sales was available today.

Anyway, as mentioned before, £4500 is on finance and the other £6000 was paid to LR.

Can someone advise me as to how I approach the whole refund situation?

Obviously Ill tell the Sales Director of my decision, but what do I do regards the finance company. Do I tell them before the Sales director? Do I write to them?

How does this process work? I dont know where to start.

Do I also have to put everything in writing to the Sales Director(luton)?

Do I have to explain all the events that have occured and why Im rejecting it?

The ironic thing about all of this is that the last thing Luton LR said to me is that they are now willing to pick the car up and fix everything at thier own cost.

Too little too late in my opinion. What if something else goes wrong? Ive lost all faith in them. Just imagine if I hadnt of spotted the leak and the engine seized or something else just as bad. What would happen then? New engine?!...more phonecalls...and so on....it would have been 100 times worse!

Gotta say, the Bedford LR Garage have acted brilliantly and tried to do everything to help - both myself and even tried to help Luton to find a solution, but they was having none of it.

Any help on the process of this refund procedure would be much appreciated.

Thanks

S

Put your decision in writing to them & give your reasons for rejection whilst at the same time placing deadline of say 7 days on a refund as you need to purchase another vehicle.

Therefore advise them if they fail to refund your money promptly you my have to ask for compensation because you will be forced to hire a vehicle to meet your daily needs

Send copies to the FC but don't stop the payments until it's agreed you can & once done demand a refund

It's vitally important that you stick to the golden rule & put everything in writing & if they do phone write back confirming any matters discussed or agreed

SD80,

Don't ask anymore questions reject the vehicle in writing to all parties involved in the original purchase also explain reason for rejection backed up by engineers report and your own account along with any other correspondance and a diary of events finally tell them location of car and if you have another set of keys drop them in by hand to dealer principal of supplying dealer. Do not enter into further correspondance and do not cancel direct debit if on credit until you have spoken to finance house as this could compromise your credit file. You may also claim any expenses you have accumalated in this episode... Good luck YOU WILL SUCCEED the law backs you up 100%

• 2 weeks later...

I will agree... my mum is on her second CRv now starting with the 04 shape and now on the latest model...not a SINGLE problem in either car despite her being lazy and missing almost two services on the first one

Second one I am making sure she does get it done but its just so reliable!

Looks good too and has a kick to it

If you do get one, I can twist hands in a branch up north for some discount so let me know :)