HELP! i got this letter today!

KNITTY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i`m completly confused!the letter from Northampton County court says :

1.it is orderd that filing of a defence or holding defense the claim shall be stayed pending judgement in the OFT case.

2. liberty to apply with an explanation

note: a part affected by this order may under rule 3.3 apply to have its et aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of this order.

what does all this mean ? all this is so new, i know nothing about legal matters:confused: this letter came with the banks letter saying they will defend etc.

since i wrote the above i `ve been looking at other posts and it looks to me like it has been stayed...(answered my own question!) but now should i get my claim sent to my local court? (i did my claim online)i don`t live anywhere near northampton! i live in kingston upon thames -do i have to do that in 7 days too? and how would i go about it? what would my chances of having the stay lifted or should i just leave it but i`m not really sure what happens next aswell... i`m on benefits due to illness ....sorry for all these questions but it is so confusing!

with grateful thanks in advance!

Edited by KNITTY

Hi kity,

Just bumping this for you so that your post is not missed.

It maybe helpful if you could post up the letter/document so that others can give you the exact advice you need. Be sure to remove any personal data and numbers first though.

Regards,

Scampjet.

i`m completly confused!the letter from Northampton County court says :

1.it is orderd that filing of a defence or holding defense the claim shall be stayed pending judgement in the OFT case.

2. liberty to apply with an explanation

note: a part affected by this order may under rule 3.3 apply to have its et aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of this order.

what does all this mean ? all this is so new, i know nothing about legal matters:confused: this letter came with the banks letter saying they will defend etc.

since i wrote the above i `ve been looking at other posts and it looks to me like it has been stayed...(answered my own question!) but now should i get my claim sent to my local court? (i did my claim online)i don`t live anywhere near northampton! i live in kingston upon thames -do i have to do that in 7 days too? and how would i go about it? what would my chances of having the stay lifted or should i just leave it but i`m not really sure what happens next aswell... i`m on benefits due to illness ....sorry for all these questions but it is so confusing!

with grateful thanks in advance!

It has been stayed pending the determination of the OFT's test case against the banks. You are at liberty to object but only do that if you can demonstrate you are experiencing real financial hardship.

It will automatically be transferred to your local court as you are a Litigant in person.

Edited by tinkerbell20
Adding final sentence