Help!- Letters from debt recovery company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was given a PCN back in February and have been fighting it ever since thanks to this website (I was given a PCN for having an out of date permit, despite having a note in the car. It was at the private property where I live and on the deeds I own a parking space. Furthermore, we have never seen the contract with the company which is meant to 'police' the parking)

I initially ignored it but after I received a letter from the debt recovery company, I decided to write to both the debt company and also the parking fines company asking them to substantiate their claim. Ive also written to the debt company on several occasions, saying that the debt is in dispute and that they should refer back to their principal (as per the template from this site).

Ive had no reply from the parking fines company depsite sending them 2 letters but Ive had several letters from the debt recovery agency.

The most recent asks me to provide evidence/more information regarding the dispute.

Another letter from the same people which arrived the same day (!) stated that some one from their hometeam is to call round to my house- I didnt think they could do this without a county court judgement?

The previous letter was a litigation warning letter, stating that a file was being prepared prior to the comencment of legal action.

Im now at a loss of how I should proceed to get the debt company off my back- Any ideas/suggestions??

Hi

I was given a PCN back in February and have been fighting it ever since thanks to this website (I was given a PCN for having an out of date permit, despite having a note in the car. It was at the private property where I live and on the deeds I own a parking space. Furthermore, we have never seen the contract with the company which is meant to 'police' the parking)

I initially ignored it but after I received a letter from the debt recovery company, I decided to write to both the debt company and also the parking fines company asking them to substantiate their claim. Ive also written to the debt company on several occasions, saying that the debt is in dispute and that they should refer back to their principal (as per the template from this site).

Ive had no reply from the parking fines company depsite sending them 2 letters but Ive had several letters from the debt recovery agency.

The most recent asks me to provide evidence/more information regarding the dispute.

Another letter from the same people which arrived the same day (!) stated that some one from their hometeam is to call round to my house- I didnt think they could do this without a county court judgement?

The previous letter was a litigation warning letter, stating that a file was being prepared prior to the comencment of legal action.

Im now at a loss of how I should proceed to get the debt company off my back- Any ideas/suggestions??

Whats the name of the so called debt recovery agency.

Hi Cheeky,

Just ignore these clowns, no-one is coming round to your house, which by the way is against the rules without them first having an appointment, and as you are NOT going to commun icate with them anymore, they obviously won't get an appointment.

Just to give you an indication of the chances of these clowns starting legal action against you, I have more chance of winning the Euro Lottery on Friday quickly followed by the National Loteery on saturday, try working out those odds!!!!!

Try these set of rules:

1) Just ignore them don't give them any further information, they will eventually give up and go away. Their 'Fixed penalty' is not legally enforceable.

2) In the event of panic and feeling pressured, refer to rule 1

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi Cheeky,

Just ignore these clowns, no-one is coming round to your house, which by the way is against the rules without them first having an appointment, and as you are NOT going to commun icate with them anymore, they obviously won't get an appointment.

Just to give you an indication of the chances of these clowns starting legal action against you, I have more chance of winning the Euro Lottery on Friday quickly followed by the National Loteery on saturday, try working out those odds!!!!!

Try these set of rules:

1) Just ignore them don't give them any further information, they will eventually give up and go away. Their 'Fixed penalty' is not legally enforceable.

2) In the event of panic and feeling pressured, refer to rule 1

regards

pmsl.Brilliant.:lol:

You've entered into a dialogue with them, which is a bit of mistake. You're now a hooked fish and likely to receive a few more letters yet.

Just ignore them all. They'd would have left you alone earlier if you'd stayed quiet, but they should still go away at some point if you ignore them from now on.

Home visits are very rare. If they turn up, don't answer or tell them there is no debt and for their client to proceed with court action.

Didn't realise they were that good, think I'll risk a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£2.50

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.