Help wanted against Wescot - been blindly paying them for years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been paying £50 per month to Westcott for a debt on a Nat West credit card from ages ago. Being the disorganised person that I am, I have no details of the original debt, nor exactly how much I have paid to these blood suckers.

Recently they have taken to phoning and offering me a discount,

on one occasion saying that if I did not pay off the debt they would double my payment.

I don't have any spare cash at the moment so that is not an option.

Yesterday they spoke to my wife and were very rude to her, this is something that I will not tolerate.

They have now made me mad and I want to screw them any way possible.

Are there any letters that I can send asking for details of the original debt and also the payment as that I have made to them?

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I did do a search but I am a bit short of time, having only just got my broadband connection back after Pipex cut me off for no reason and then refused to accept that they had done anything.

I am currently working long hours and would like to get at them ASAP.

Thanks

send the CCA letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter 'N' Do not sign and send a £1 postla order.

This will establish if they have a legal right to collect on this debt.

Post back if you need any further help.

JOgs

Also do not sign the letter....just print your name, and send by recorded delivery as a minimum but preferably special delivery.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Thanks for that. Is there any way to get a statement from them so that I know what the original debt was and how much I have paid them? Or should I leave that until I've sent letter N and received a reply?

Part of the request is that they should send statements showing what has been paid and what has still to be paid. If they don't do this they are in default of your request and the account goes into dispute until such times as they fulfill ALL parts of the CCA 1974 requirements - copy of the original agreement, copies of any documents referred to in the agreement and statements.

Hi, Snapper.

Send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to NatWest, that'll let you know the score regards payments ect.

If they come up with your CCA, you can re-claim any charges.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I would definately SAR Natwest as advised above. Then I would make sure that I check, double check and triple check that all the money you have paid has been allocated to the debt.

I too had Wescot collecting a Natwest debt. They passed the account on to another DCA. For about a year I was paying Wescot and the money was sitting in their suspense account. They didn't even have the decency to tell me. I was quite angry but I did get all the money back. My debt ended up being sent to Rockwell who suprisingly are all right given they are a DCA.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

The problem is that this is quite an old debt and dates back to before we moved house, when a lot of paperwork, especially old stuff, got " lost ". I have had a look but I can't find any paperwork relating to nat west.

I thought that Westcott and their ilk bought debts off the original owner for a proportion of what it was worth and then collected it.

I think they normally do but luckily in my case hadn't. Before Wescott had the debt it was with Scotcall. Oh the memories.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

• dx100uk changed the title to Help wanted against Wescot - been blindly paying them for years