link international being stroppy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just had a stroppy phone call from link demanding money from a debt from ge money have they a right to pursue this as i dont have a credit agreement with them its with ge money please help

thanks gerrard14

Hi gerrard14

have you had anything in the post from GE saying they have referred the debt to Link? Have Link written to you before the telephone call today?

I think you need to add a little more information so that the good peeps on here can help you.

Welcome by the way :)

pennny P

got another phone call today and told them i would only deal with them by letter and he got a bit stroppy saying that i owed link financial alot of money.the letter i got of them today says on top SALE OF YOUR DEBT. It also says that ge capital bank limited assigned to them the benefit of the debt.as a result of this assignment your debt is owed to us. HELP. Ive sent of a letter asking for a cca.it also says if they dont receive full payment within 15 days we may choose to pass your account to a debt collection agent or solicitor.WHAT DO I DO NEXT.do i wait to see if they send me a copy of the cca which i know they cant as i dont have one with them

ive not been telephoning link they phoned me.the debt they are chasing is for a car i had on hp i bought the car for £6000 and was paying £210 a month for it when i got into financial difficulties due to being self employed

i paid roughly about 28months out of 48 when i got into difficulty and didnt pay for nearly 4 months and ge money said i had 3 choices pay the arrears.give the car back or it will be repossed,i decided to give it back and thought that would be the end of it.then about 2 months later i got a letter saying i was behind on my payments.i phoned ge to find out was going on and they said that they had sold the car at auction and i still owed over £3000 which they thought i would start paying the monthly payment again now i get a letter from link saying sale of debt and they r asking for the full money owed

no, not that way .

you cc will still exist if the debt has been taken over by another company. Thebut all the rights onclusing the cca

wait to see what they send

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

just found the agreement from ge money that if they terminate the agreement the amount you would have had to pay to us under the agreemant if it not been terminated less any rebate charges to which i am entitled to and less the net proceeds they receive for the car as i got behind with payments they charged me but i never asked for any rebate so now i can ask them for a sar cant i.As i had paid over a half of the money they would have needed a court order to get it back ,but i voluntary terminated the agreement but they said i couldnt because i was behind with payments but when i got the letter to sign to give car back it said on the top voluntary termination what do i do now please

just got letter back from link saying as you are aware LINK FINANCIAL purchased the debt from ge capital woodchester and we do not always hold the cca documentation they said they have requested a copy from ge capital and look forward to sending you this in the future and they say it could take upto 30 days.they also say if it costs them to get the documentation they will pass the charge onto me. they also say that they have put the account on hold for 14 days.

since they have purchased the debt from ge capital am i still liable to pay this debt if they can get a cca from ge capital as i dont have a cca with link it was with ge capital and with them selling it will they have closed the case wont they

Edited by gerrard14

Hi gerrard14,

Firstly please try not to worry, at this stage you could be liable for debt but you will almost certainly have unfair charges levied against the account with which you will be able to counterclaim.

If you get another call from Link, refuse to go through the security questions, they then cannot speak to you about the account due to the fact that they must know that they are speaking to the account holder.

Thirdly NEVER PHONE THEM, you need to look at this from their angle, all they want is to get you to pay, whatever your circumstances, so they will bully you, twist your words and generally try to make say things or commit to things that you would not do ordinarily.

Finally, you have a reply from them saying that the account is on hold for 14 days. So wait and be patient, when they send the agreement get it posted on here to give others a chance to tell you if it is enforceable.

When this has happened then you will be in much stronger position to make your next move.

Hope this is a help

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)