• Tweets

• Agreed, let them default. Keep everything in writing, if they ring to discuss the accounts over the phone, simply say 'everything in writing please', and hang up. They'll soon get the message. Get all of your paperwork in order too, if you haven't got any, or are missing relevant documents, then you can SAR the original creditor, which is free and they have 30 days to supply the info. Keep a diary of events too. sit back and relax, YOU'RE in control, not them.
    • thought you said you had an sjpn? dx  
    • dont go near them bunch of scammers! ive removed ref. dx  
    • I used to post regularly in order to provide factual information (rather than advice) but got fed up with banging my head against a brick wall in so many cases when posters insisted black was white and I was writing rubbish. I have never posted anything which was untrue or indeed biased in any way.  I have never given 'advice' but have sought to correct erroneous statements which were unhelpful. The only username I have ever used is blf1uk. I have never gone under any other username and have no connection to 'bailiff advice'.  I am not a High Court Enforcement Officer but obtained my first 'bailiff' certificate in 1982. I'm not sure what records you have accessed but I was certainly not born in 1977 - at that time I was serving in the Armed Forces in Hereford, Germany (4th Division HQ) and my wife gave birth to our eldest.   Going back to the original point, the fact is that employees of an Approved Enforcement Agency contracted by the Ministry of Justice can and do execute warrants of arrest (with and without bail), warrants of detention and warrants of commitment. In many cases, the employee is also an enforcement agent [but not acting as one]. Here is a fact.  I recently submitted an FOI request to HMCTS and they advised me (for example) that in 2022/23 Jacobs (the AEA for Wales) was issued with 4,750 financial arrest warrants (without bail) and 473 'breach' warrants.  A breach warrant is a community penalty breach warrant (CPBW) whereby the defendant has breached the terms of either their release from prison or the terms of an order [such as community service].  While the defendant may pay the sum [fine] due to avoid arrest on a financial arrest warrant, a breach warrant always results in their transportation to either a police station [for holding] or directly to the magistrates' court to go before the bench as is the case on financial arrest warrants without bail when they don't pay.  Wales has the lowest number of arrest warrants issued of the seven regions with South East exceeding 50,000.  Overall, the figure for arrest warrants issued to the three AEAs exceeds 200,000.  Many of these were previously dealt with directly by HMCTS using their employed Civilian Enforcement Officers but they were subject to TUPE in 2019 and either left the service or transferred to the three AEAs. In England, a local authority may take committal proceedings against an individual who has not paid their council tax and the court will issue a committal summons.  If the person does not attend the committal hearing, the court will issue a warrant of arrest usually with bail but occasionally without bail (certainly without bail if when bailed on their own recognizance the defendant still fails to appear).   A warrant of arrest to bring the debtor before the court is issued under regulation 48(5) of The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 and can be executed by "any person to whom it is directed or by any constable....." (Reg 48(6).  These, although much [much] lower in number compared to HMCTS, are also dealt with by the enforcement agencies contracted by the local authorities. Feel free to do your own research using FOI enquiries!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Under track tick the Fasti-track box.

In the other information box write the following,

The Claimants are deliberately frustrating these proceedings and preventing me from submitting a Particularised Defence/ counter-claim, by refusing to provide information first requested under a Subject Access Request/CPR 18 Request on the xxth xxxxx 2008. They have only partially complied with my request. I have sent letters to the Claimants Solicitors on the xxth xxxxx repsectively, requesting the outstanding information, which has to date not been furnished. I believe this is entirely unreasonable behaviour and I will shortly request an Order from the Court compelling the Claimant's compliance, to enable me to file a fully particularised Defence/counter-claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank You so far you are a gent i owe you a drink or two

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ok Leon

I know you have submitted an Holding Defence and a Part 20 C/C however what have you still not recieved vis a vis your CPR 18 request?

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

they have not responded to my cpr18 all i got was a short letter dated 30th july 08 saying and i quote in there words:

We write with ref to your letter recently recieved at this office

We wish to advise that we are currently taking our clients instuctions as to how quickly the information you have requested can be provided

We hope to contact you as soon as possible. lol well its 5 weeks now and im still waiting

That is the only contact ive had with them

Note that the letter is headed " WITHOUT PREJUDICE"

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

So they are holding up proceedings but i cant use that letter in a court of law

Thats fine leon we can request anything missing at disclosure which basically will boil down to a DN CCA and statements.I would proceed with your AQ as advised the claimants Directions mean nothing and nothing as been attached or served.

Regards

Andy

Dn = Default Notice ? Sorry I'm still learning all the abbreviations

Just one question regarding fees i need to fill in an EX160 form as my benefits are well below the threshold do I send that in with the N150 or does that get sorted at a later date just i cant see any info regarding that matter in the N150 notes

Yes you need to request this from your Court or you may be able to download it.Dont worry for now that can be sorted at a later date.

Regards

Andy

Leon

Just another tip dont sign the Claimants Copy of yor AQ print name you can sign the Courts copy

Regards

Andy;)

Thank You Andy

Do you mind once ive filled in my N150 if i scan it and post onto photobucket then send you the links via private message for you to check for me.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

HI leon

Unfortunatly my PM facility has been removed for some reason however I am sure your AQ will be fine.Are you happy leon not to make directions at this stage? seems a little pointless considering their AQ and would play it the way i have advised for now.

Regards

Andy;)

yes thats fine rather than use the N150 the court sent me i will use the on-line one fill it in and print off will be clearer to read then

1. Given that the rules require you to try to settle the claim before the hearing, do you want to attempt to settle at this stage?

2. If Yes, do you want a one month stay?

3. Would you like the court to arrange a mediation appointment?

(A fee will be payable to the mediation provider appointed by the National Mediation Helpline.)

4. If you answered ‘No’ to question 1, please state below the reasons why you consider it inappropriate to try to settle the claim at this stage.

ok settlement you say tick yes but which box there are three boxes

C. Pre-action Protocols-Part one-don't tick anything

Part two-tick yes

There is no part 1 or part 2 just

C Pre-action protocols

You are expected to comply with the relevant pre-action protocol.

Have you done so?

If No, explain why?

Yes

No

?

Could someone be so kind and give me answers to the above two posts andy was on about part 1 and part 2 of the protocol section but on my N150 there is no parts so im not sure there and in the settlement section andy said tick yes but as you see above there are 3 boxes so im not sure which box he means

Thank You

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Hiya All

Got my AQ filled in any chance someone could run the rule over it and check for mistakes as i want too get this in court tommoz.

Thank You

Regards

Pompeyfaith

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/AQ1.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/AQ2.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/AQ3.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/AQ4.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/AQ5.jpg

Edited by pompeyfaith

Hi leon

You have left your surname on upload 1&2

Regards

Andy

Thank You Andy corrected

Was the AQ ok Andy apart from that error

Hi leon

Yes looks ok with regards to the settlement that section as changed since I gave you the guidelines.You still have the option to issue directions should you wish to.

Regards

Andy

Well ummmmmm I'm not sure could you be so kind and explain to me the pros and cons of issuing directions thanks

Regards

Pompeyfaith

p.s sorry if i sound stupid just litigation is well above my head

Edited by pompeyfaith

Ok leon

Its the Courts desire that settlement should always be first and foremost and goes in your favour that you are trying to be amicable in the matter.However the in your case they are aware that you have submitted part 20 counterclaim so that is a threat in itself.Assuming they file the AQ, the only way really for you to proceed, is to file a counter-claim (c/c) against the Claimant. Whilst it is possible just to rely on a Defence, you have to appreciate the limits of a Defence. It essentially refutes the POC and that's all it does.

Filing a c/c because:

1. It gives the Defendant the opportunity to raise arguments in respect of the Claimant's unlawful/illegal conduct.

2. The Defendant claims damages either to offset the debt, or in addition to the debt being wiped out.

3. It is a very strong bargaining tool, so that even if you were never really intent on going to Court, you have every chance of getting rid of the debt and the info registered with the CRA's, so you get what you want in other words!

4. It worries/frightens your opponents, particularly if you're accusing them of a littany of unlawful/illegal conduct. Nobody really wants to Court, and Claimants are no exception.

5. It tells the Claimant you are prepared for a fight, which will worry them, it very much puts them on the backfoot, which gives you the psychological advantage in the case.

Those are just a few reasons why it's a good idea. I am of the opinion that making them squirm is very much worthwhile and, if you're brave enough to go to Court, you may end up a few thousand pounds better off and their money is always better in your pocket than theirs.

So with the above in mind its not always neccessary to issue Directions but ticking no to settlement will bring proceedings to a head.Ticking settlement will bring the case to stay hence the qestion how long a stay on the AQ.

I would tend to play this the way you have and see what the claimants response is,

I wish you well in your case.

Regards

Andy;)

Edited by Andyorch
addit

Fantastic Thank You Andy for explaining to me in laymans terms because of my stroke my brain is not what it used to be, Now i understand ill change it in morning and get it sent off.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Andy just filling out another AQ copy now as it the settlement Thank You i see where you are coming from now.

On the Part C what i put in as per above links is that right just i noticed on referring back to your post 125 it mentions: C. Pre-action Protocols-Part one-don't tick anything

Part two-tick yes

So just need your clarification there

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith