CPN From APCOA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm a DJ in my local town and on Friday I needed to take my DJ equipment down to the pub I work in. There is no parking for the pub but there is land right next to it which would be perfect for parking on BUT there is a nice big sign from APCOA saying no parking permitted here at any time.

With me having very big speakers that i needed to carry in to the pub I decided to park on the land with the sign on. I got my equipment in the pub and locked up in the back and came out to find 2 APCOA employees by my car. 1 was taking rather nice pictures of my car and the other was writing the parking ticket. I went over and explained to them why I was there and I had literally been parked there for no longer than 3 minutes. They didnt want to know and he handed me the ticket and told me I would have to appeal. so now i have a nice APCOA ticket demanding £30.

I'm just wondering if there is anything i can do to fight this ticket? I needed to unload my equipment so I could get it into the pub but I had 3 choices.

1) park on the land with the APCOA sign by it (which I decided to do)

2) park in the middle of the road and block traffic.

3) park in an APCOA car park up the road and pay £1 to park there and then have to carry my equipment round to the pub (not very practical with the amount of equipment I had and the weight).

I have 30 days to do something about this or to pay it so if anybody has any advice then it is more than welcome :)

Also APCOA are acting on behalf of my local council.

Thanks,

Sploits

Edited by sploits
added details

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

post up the ticket scrubbed of your personal details.

ACPOA are claiming to enforce for the council, is this piece of land owned by the council ? Is there is a TMO or an off street parking order for this land ?

check with the council.

pictures of the signs would be useful also.

Ok here is the ticket that i recieved:

Parking%20Ticket%201.JPG

The above is the front

Parking%20Ticket%202.JPG

the above is the back

I will try and get a picture of the sign.

As far as I know the land is owned by the council.

My boss works as a magistrate in our town and has told me I would be best just paying it as they have all the non police court matters in on the Wednesday and this includes APCOA cases for non payment of fines.

Edited by sploits
Reloaded pictures of ticket

ACPOA do enforce for councils - despite have been chucked out by some

But that isn't a council ticket (or I'll eat my hat !).

and their use of 'penalty' dooms them (plus other stuff on their invoice as well).

do not contact them in any way, wait until the send a letter to the RK and post that up here as well (scrubbed of identifying details).

then we can see how much of this they break

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 No.

plus a few other statutes...

and they are BPA members so a good kicking can be handed out if you want to.

we should go to PM if so as so many PPCs hang out here.

edit your picture of your ticket and take out the serial number, car details , colour, time etc).

your boss is wrong in this regard.

Edited by lamma
  • Haha 1

But that isn't a council ticket (or I'll eat my hat !).

You won't have to upset your digestion lamma. I fully agree with you; this is definitely a private parking ticket or more correctly an invoice for an alleged breach of contract.

OP, Have a read of the Private Parking Charges guide in the stickies section to see the legality of this invoice. Also have a read of the template letters for how to respond.

Don't respond to the ticket. Wait for them to obtain the RK details from the DVLA.

Some on this forum do advocate ignoring everything you receive. You can do this if you want to or use the template letters to respond. It's a matter of what you feel comfortable with.

• Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your comments.

I have taken out the details from the parking ticket.

I went back down to the pub I work in yesterday and was going to get a picture of the sign but the sign has now gone ?!?

Also found out that I had made a mistake. APCOA are not working for the council on this instance. They have been hired privately for the company who own the land that I briefly parked on. From what I can gather it is Magnus Homes that own the land. they are turning it all into a hotel.

In reading the Private Parking Charges guide I noticed the part about the PPC maybe having to prove I was the driver. They took photos of my car being parked where it was but they have no photos of me actually being behind the wheel of the car.

So what do I do now?? Do I just wait for the letter to come through from them (I'm guessing this will come in the next month or so) ???

Thanks again for all your help

Edited by sploits

Thanks for your comments.

I have taken out the details from the parking ticket.

I went back down to the pub I work in yesterday and was going to get a picture of the sign but the sign has now gone ?!?

Also found out that I had made a mistake. APCOA are not working for the council on this instant. They have been hired privately for the company who own the land that I briefly parked on. From what I can gather it is Magnus Homes that own the land. they are turning it all into a hotel.

In reading the Private Parking Charges guide I noticed the part about the PPC maybe having to prove I was the driver. They took photos of my car being parked where it was but they have no photos of me actually being behind the wheel of the car.

So what do I do now?? Do I just wait for the letter to come through from them (I'm guessing this will come in the next month or so) ???

Thanks again for all your help

yes, wait for them to spend money getting details from the dvla.

You can then ignore it ,or as Im more inclined to do would be to send the first template letter in the sticky

This shows that you aknowledge the letter and more over you know their little [problem] and you are ten steps ahead of the game and are more than equiped to deal with them.

• Haha 1

Thank you for your reply. I will sit and wait for the letter and then I will be in touch with them accordingly. But until then I'm off on my holidays Friday and while I'm sitting by the pool in the blazing sun drinking my Efes lager I will be thinking about my friends at APCOA................... ha like hell I will.

Thanks again nero12 and everyone else for your helpful posts

In this case I wouldn't waste a stamp writing to them.

those words

CIVIL PENALTY NOTICE

at the top of their invoice completely sinks them. In my view you have nothing to fear and nothing to protect yourself from.

Hi lamma

I'm a little lost now. what is the problem with the wording?

Sorry for my stupidity.

Thank you for that. Sorry been DJ'ing at a wedding last night and then up at 5:40 to do an 8 hour shift at my full time work today. My brain isnt working to great :)

• 8 months later...

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Since my last little run in with APCOA everything has been quiet with them. They have issued a few of my friends with tickets and I have advised them NOT to pay the muppets. Well again I parked on that land dropping off DJ equipment and low and behold I go back out to my car and I have a nice yellow sticky pounch on my windscreen. I open it up hoping for a winning lottery ticket but to my disappointment its another parking ticket from APCOA. Well I decide that I should really go and sort this out so I walk down to their offices in my town and go up to the counter to be greeted by a very young lad.

Me - "Hi, I'm here to return your ticket as I'm not paying it" (throws ticket at young lad)

Young Lad - "Oh OK would you like to pay cash?"

Me - (Looking a little puzzled now at his stupidity) "You seem to of misheard me, I'm not paying your ticket so you can have it back"

Young Lad - "Erm why arent you paying it?"

Me - "Firstly can you prove I was the driver? Your ticket is against the law and has now legal power what so ever. There are no meters on the land I parked on so the mount of cash you can claim from me is £0.00. Would you like me to continue?"

Young Lad - "Oh OK? well if I can give you the ticket back and you need to right to us and contest it"

Me - "No I dont. I don't accept your ticket and I am here to return it. You just keep it and we will consider the matter closed" (I start walking out)

Young Lad - "Wait a minute I need to go and get my boss" (He is now starting to panic)

Me - "Oh that would be great." (I return to the counter and a short evil looking guy appears)

Evil Boss - "Why are you not paying the ticket?"

Me - (I repeat what I have said to the dimwitted young lad)

Evil Boss - "But you need to pay it. We are employed to look after that land and ensure nobody parks there"

Me - "No I dont need to pay it. How can you justify me paying you £30? You really dont have a clue do you? Now what are you planning on doing about the matter"

Evil Boss - "I will pass it to debt collection and we will get the funds via that route"

Me - "Oh great I like DCA's. But just to warn you that I'm pretty clued up on civil law and Debt collectors and I can assure you that they have no more power trying to collect the debt than you so in the end up its you who will be losing out even more than now"

Evil Boss - "Oh I WILL sort this out and have you pay the ticket"

Me - (Now with a big smile on my face and leaning over towards him) "No you wont as you have no power what so ever. I now welcome you too take me to court and we will fight it out there. But please be assured that it will be you walking out the court room with red faces when we argue all the facts stated and the big fact that your tickets are breaking the law. Also I am prepared to report you to the BPA and I will watch you crumble" (I still have a smile on my face)

I then say goodbye and walk out feeling great about myself after shooting them down. Will wait and see IF I get anything through the post (I would be really disappointed if I didnt but I'm not holding out much hope)

Sploits :p

And there will be the same kind of attack everytime they issue me with a ticket. My mate has just phoned me and said he has just recieved a ticket from APCOA and he wants me to go down with him to "Hand It Back" to them lol. Last year I would never of contested a ticket and I would of paid it no questions asked but thanks to you lama and nero I now know the ins and outs of the law and I now will fight an always winning fight. thanks again :p

And there will be the same kind of attack everytime they issue me with a ticket. My mate has just phoned me and said he has just recieved a ticket from APCOA and he wants me to go down with him to "Hand It Back" to them lol. Last year I would never of contested a ticket and I would of paid it no questions asked but thanks to you lama and nero I now know the ins and outs of the law and I now will fight an always winning fight. thanks again :p

Good man. Give the scamsters what they dish out back and pass it on to everyone you can :D

Hey i like your style to just turn up and hand it back to them, but most of these PPC's only have PO BOX Numbers, i wish the one that issued me with a PCN had an office i could turn up to and have a pleasant conversation with :-)

And everytime they decide to pop one on my windscreen then it will be getting sent back. I'm just waiting to catch them writing out a ticket for my car now. I will be out to give them hell and tell them they have legal right to be ticketing my car, I wont have them touch my car, I wont accept the ticket and they all need to get back to school and learn how to spell. Sorry Mr. APCOA but the colour of my car is not BLAK (as was stated on the returned ticket lol)