Ebay - buyer no show then ebay threaten!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've not seen posts on this issue, but wondered where I stand on this. I sold a car on ebay, the first winner was suspect, never contacted me and the phone number he supplied was false. This cost me £20 in sellers fees. I reported an unpaid item, but there was no contact whatsoever. I eventually sold it to another bidder after relisting the auction. Then ebay billed me for the auctions including the £20 from the unsold item. This I disputed, got lots of copy and paste messages about having 60 days to dispute the unpaid item and reminding me that I should have contacted the buyer to sort it out. Of course, couldn't do this because the buyer was a fake. I have disputed the £20 fee with ebay and paid the remainder of my fees with them. I have disputed the 60 days of their terms and conditions to sort out the item, as I thought most people had 6 years to sort these out, and it could constitute an unfair term. Please note, I very rarely use ebay so am not up to speed on everything on the site, indeed it seems very confusing to me and it takes me an age to find the right page! They have continued to send me copy and paste messages with standard paragraphs, which I then replied to saying that this could constitute harassment as the £20 fee is not justified as no sale took place. They have now replied that:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the outstanding amount of 20.00 GBP.

The Fees on your account relate to charges for eBay listings and services. Please act now to make the necessary payment.

To collect fees due, eBay will use legal means if necessary, including the use of collections and legal services.

We look forward to receiving your payment shortly.

Please note that you will continue to receive collection notices until your eBay account is up-to-date.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards"

Hmmm. Now some total clown has attempted to cost me £20, where do I stand? Where can I go? Trading Standards? Administration fo Justice Act? Injunction? Clearly it would be easier just to pay the £20 and forget it, but I don't like being bullied!

Tigerrrrrrrrrr

Hi Tiger

ebays unpaid item process is here:

Unpaid Item Process

Did you follow this procedure in your dispute?? If so then ebay should refund the listing fee

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Unless you follow the unpaid item process, it will look to their (lagely automated) system that you've sold two identical items - so they would be correct it expecting to take the £25 fee per successful advert.

There may be scope for them to realise your error if you didn;t follow the process, but as you've found, getting any sense out of them by email is almost impossible, try phoning them instead.

Hi - thanks for the quick responses buzby and skbuncks. The short answer is I only got so far with the unpaid item process, so did not follow it to its entirety. Like I said I find ebay thoroughly confusing and it wasn't apparent that I had to do more than that.

Is their "60 days" to close the dispute enforceable?

The 60 days is in their dispute process, so if you're within that you should be OK. As for the phone number, go to the main login page for eBay co UK and look for the graphic for 'Contact us', i've noticed different numbers appear depending on your account so that's the best route to try (AFter you've signed in!). :)

The disputed or unpaid item proceedure isnt that difficult to follow really.

Ebay though, are very apt at looking for any excuse not to refund monies and not following the laid down proceedures is just one to the ways around it.

The problem is that if you try and follow the process now, you coudl end up with a bit of an issue.

Say Ebay are abel to track down the original buyer and he says he will pay for the item.

That leaves you in a bit of a sticky situation, as you have sold the goods to another.

That is why they put these processes in place.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

Yes, the item was reported as unpaid in the first instance. I did not follow through the dispute through, as (although it means I look like a dunce) I wasn't familiar with this protocol, and there was no contact with the seller. The item was relisted and later sold.

Yes, the item was reported as unpaid in the first instance. I did not follow through the dispute through, as (although it means I look like a dunce) I wasn't familiar with this protocol, and there was no contact with the seller. The item was relisted and later sold.

follow through with the dispute... you are not under obligation to sell it to that seller now, and I think you will not get a reply anyway.

you will then be able to claim the fee back.

I know its a pain in the arse.. but I think you might get more luck this way.