• Tweets

• My story starts with being issued a windscreen PCN on 8/3/24 which was almost immediately removed and a second  PCN was then  sent by post on 13/3/24  [deemed delivered 15/3/24] which I did not receive and had to send an sar to have that particular mess revealed later  but that is not the reason for my complaint. UKPC then sent a Keeper Liability Notice dated 12/4/24 warning me that as 28 days have now elapsed, I as keeper am now liable for the charge.  This is in direct contravention of PoFA since the keeper does not become liable to pay until the day after the original PCN is deemed to have been given which would have been 13/4/24 -a Saturday ]. Not only does it not comply with PoFA but it fails to adhere to your Code of Practice and is in breach of their agreement with the DVLA.  I have included copies of both Notices for information. You will realise the seriousness of this situation if this is standard practice from the UKPCM to all motorists or just those where windscreen tickets are involved since the Law regarding PoFA is being abused and it is unfair to misguide motorists. I await your  response which I understand will usually be within a week.
    • It probably deletes after a certain time. What a shame you did not check at the time. However I have no doubt that there was a PCN envelope under your windscreen wiper  as shown quite clearly on one of the photographs. . It would seem strange that it was placed there empty hence the reason I stated a second Notice was issued [though not necessarily sent. As I said in that letter to IPC that was not what the complaint was about and probably  IPC will ask about that at the same time if they accept you  going direct to IPC for the other matter. It is immaterial how many original PCNs were issued or not issued. You are able to show the two that you have from their sar one of which coincides with the one you received in the post and that is the one that does not agree with the date times of PoFA. Thus breaching not only the Act, but also the IPC  Code of Conduct and the ability of UKPCM to obtain data from the DVLA. So leave that part of the letter as good to go. However as it is as Dave [Thank you Dave!} pointed out that it is UKPCM and not UKPCI have amended the letter and posted it below.
    • Its based on 10% annual depreciation, divided by 52 weeks and then x the excess number of weeks that they have had the vehicle for, after the agreed initial 3 week repair.
    • LOL LOL LOL Don't need that many to deport a handful of volunteers - at best Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show Cant have hundreds of well paid people in a department deporting a single volunteer when we have an upcoming election to lose now can we - VIPal drenched in riches and departments full of pals well paid for doing nowt will 'sadly soon be history - was rumored to in a text from a soon to be ex-minister texting in from one of his main jobs in a number of industries he will soon be unable to help.   Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show  
    • try it.... use recuva or file scavenger or glary utils
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EXPERIAN... The final battle commences

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what a result Dipply75

this has to prove they don't have a clue about what they are controlling on there database.

will be going down the route again i think. but as of yet still waiting on replies.

think Mr Hancock is out of his depths and his advisors are deciding what course of reply to furish me with, to try and force the issue as closed.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutely fed up with all this s**t, can we not pool some money together from this site and get a decent barrister to win a case against the credit reference agencies and set a precedent. I am trying to fight too many battles and hitting the same wall.... I for one would be happy to donate for this case to be fought in the courts... come on martin lewis and cag lets do this like we did in HULL.....

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

hi folks.... early in the morning but I am working nights.......

I have an update.......

Millsy has written to me....;) (good ole millsy)

well he says that their enquiries ar on going but so far Abbey and RBS have told them their data is accurate.... hahahaha....

However MBNA didn't put their default on it was done by link finaincial...... naughty link... anyway when challenged ...or asked ... they withdrew it... so that default has gone. However Millsy warned me (good ole millsy) that MBNA night reinstate it when they get the account back. Millsy is still looking into the other defaults (well one actually) and will let me know.

With my best interests at heart Millsy (good ole millsy) says that me and the wife can put a notice of correction on our account and has even worded one for us. :p

So im going to write back to Millsy and except his offer of a notice of correction pending the last bits of his rigerous investigation.

why? ... well lets put it this way......... Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake....as Napoleon said.......;)

A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective. Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'

its official. millsy must be reading this thread and is trying to be as nice as possible, as he knows the game is up. good luck fella!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

with all the libel defaults on my credit file i can only get a mortgage at present that is 11.59%

a court action is a great idea. smash them out of the water and make the financial industry situp and take note. just think they might all be working together to control interest rates for loans, mortgages and general finanace. how shock would that be.

what you mean they dont. its just finding the links and the proof of it. its got to be out there somewhere. they swap between jobs in these companies. they dont lose touch with friends. we all know how it works. brown envelope here brown package there. no one will mind. unless they get found out.

rouge traders never mind cowboy builders and plumbers. watch this bunch of rouges.

this is just me guessing by the way i have no proof of what i say about this. just gets you thinking.

thecteam

you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours,the old boys network.

It's all corrupt, Show me where there's money and I'll show you where there is curruption. You don't have to look far eg the premire football league. Now proving it is a different matter,

I know, I mean how ridiculous is it.....This is your information, yet you are the only one that cannot change it willy nilly. You have to follow ridiculous rules, rules made up by the same companies (just companies, not government agencies or authorities) that play with your info and make a fortune from it. And where did these rules come from? Law, guidelines even? Nope, standard practice.

In other words suits at the top sat in boardrooms and decided how they would work this. Not us, not the law, not idiots we voted in. The Information Commissioner wants to pull the finger out and do something about these companies openly abusing our rights - before it all becomes very public and very embarrassing for him.

Hmmph, there, rant over :D

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

just sent Experian another email. have given them more than 28days grace to get in touch with barclays mortgages to remove one or both of the defaults they have on my file for 2 different amounts on the same day. one of them is wrong or both.

lets see what response this gets.

the only credit card i can apply for is a vanquis one. i have applied for it to see if i get it. if i dont i will be asking why. if they say the defaults i will ask if they read the notice of corrections on these defaults.

if they didn't i will want to know why. and then will be contacting Experian to explain why i cant even get a vanquis card. anyone should be able to get one of them cards. but at 34.9% interest it is a bit steep.

all because Experian had libel statements on my credit file.

watch it experian i aint finished with you.

Vanquis probably wouldn't tell you why you got turned down, they'll just send you the standard leaflet on requesting your credit report from Experian.

I was able to get a Capital One credit card with a £200 limit on it with 3 defaults at the time of application.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

Vanquis probably wouldn't tell you why you got turned down, they'll just send you the standard leaflet on requesting your credit report from Experian.

I was able to get a Capital One credit card with a £200 limit on it with 3 defaults at the time of application.

thats true clean forgot they aint allowed to say why. can never understand why they are not allowed to say. maybe its another one of them made up laws.

Probably part of the contract between the banks and the CRAs.

"we'll let you shaft consumers using our CRA service if you refuse to tell them why they can't get credit so they have to come give us some money to find out how you've screwed them over."

"we'll let you shaft consumers using our CRA service if you refuse to tell them why they can't get credit so they have to come give us some money to find out how you've screwed them over."

pretty much sums it all up mate. i hope i do get refused. even though i have a score of over 737.

just checked the vanquis interest is 39.9%apr. will make sure when used it gets paid straight back. no interest added hopefully. or vary little

is it possibly worth considering sueing the original "creditor" who can't provide you with a CCA ,when they then proceed to file a default with a CRA....the CRA then distribute that default,in effect perpetuating the libel which the original "creditor" created

This is part of the plan...CRA's first... then the alledged creditors :rolleyes:

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

Experian's 28 days are up on my request for them to have BoS substantiate the default they placed. They said they would be in touch when BoS repond so i can only assume BoS haven't responded. I've sent them a formal request to supress the default as per the Information Commissioners Office's Guidelines so we'll see if they do it or not.

finlander. i used some of your letter. and sent it to experian. they noticed it was more or less the same. they aint folding mate. it has to be a class action or a test case against this lot.

i will stand with you in court all the way. standup people be counted or be abused by these people.

court is the only thing that will put pay to these money grabbing people out there.

they are the ones that force the mortgages interest rates up for you. your credit cards.

sorry if it mess your fight up. but it had everything i needed to use., i just missed one bit and he picked up on this. sorry fella.

Edited by thecteam

thecteam,

Interesting ...what did he say?.....

;)

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

thecteam,

Don't worry about it. If Experian are going to try and use the entirely new defamation defence of 'He sent me the same letter of complaint as another person did your honour! so therefore pooh-bahh to him' then I think that possibly we could soon see the directors of Experian in the street with a 'will dance for food' sign around their necks.

Utter laughable rubbish.......tell them that your complaint still stands... they are still defaming your good name and to stop wasting your time or face the conseqences.. which believe me I have every intention of seeing through to the end........:mad:

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

lol magically Experian claim that HBOS have now responded (funny thay happening on Day 28 eh?). I think I'll be SARing HBOS for all correspondance between themselves and CRAs in relation to my account. I want to see if they were actually contacted or if the CRAs are happy just to fob people off.

Still ranting to Equifarce about how fast they close cases without even asking the customer if they want it closed.

court is the only thing that will put pay to these money grabbing people out there.

I would agree with you, if it wasn't for this post; (post #74 on that thread)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-stores/110148-car2403-ge-capial-bank-4.html#post1630203

Sadly, it all comes down to which Judge you get on the day.

:mad:

Yeah, you can walk in thinking you have a rock solid case and walk back out thinking "how did I lose? the judge didn't even listen to x, y & z or even consider my other arguement". Luck of the draw.

car2403,

Looking at your thread above it would appear that your agreement was improperly executed and not, as some of us are getting, completely unenforceable (the standard application form). Is that correct? It appears it was laid out correctly but just not signed and dated etc. Trying to work out the judges logic.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

I think it would be a good government move to MAKE them tell what entry made them reject us - after all it may be an incorrect entry. I have lots on my account I am fighting one by one, several 'fall off' later this year and I am leaving them be... but any recent ones are strongly challenged. The OCs say the CRAs 'by law' ask them to report to them. I've asked to have in writing 'which law and what part of it' but nobody has got back on that point yet.:-D

I also think the 6 year rule should be scrapped, it is nonsense, nobody clobbers the banks for making mistakes 6 years down the line, or at any other time....

I'm now in the process of completely clearing any credit lines in my life, other than the Sky TV and my mobile phone. Should make for interesting reading in a years time on my credit file.:)

car2403,

Looking at your thread above it would appear that your agreement was improperly executed and not, as some of us are getting, completely unenforceable (the standard application form). Is that correct? It appears it was laid out correctly but just not signed and dated etc. Trying to work out the judges logic.

Yes.

The claim was for default removal due to the charges applied, but the Judge wasn't interested in any prejudice I suffered due to being unlawfully Defaulted under an improperly executed agreement, which he should have been, considering he looked at s.65/s.127 and considered that GE would have got a Court Order if they requested one, even though they didn't bother their arse asking for it.

You're right in that it would have been a totally different outcome if it was irredemably unenforceable under s.127(3), but I was pointing out the "Judge lottery" that goes one, rather than the actual outcome yesterday. For instance, in the previous Case Management Conference meeting with a different Judge, he had indicated that GE should be "urged to discuss a without prejudice settlement", prior to the final hearing yesterday, as he believed the Default Notice to be faulty and accepted my argument it was invalid, therefore making the Default entry on the CRA file unlawful under the DPA. (Note, not the default entries - such as late payment markers - which probably were factual)

As you say, this Judge's reasoning is a little difficult to swallow - mainly because he didn't share his entire reasoning in the trial, probably to prevent me even considering appealing against his decision! :mad:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks