Lowell Financial Dollar Financial debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seeing as I'm helping someone else, I thought I'd ask for some advice as well.

I have recently received a request of £625 from Lowell saying that it is for a company called Dollar Financial. I had never heard of them before and so asked for evidence which they sent. The question is what consititutes as proper evidence as I'm not sure what a CCA and SSAR is etc.

I have noticed the name on the documentation is for an Instant Cash Loans, so they've obviously been taken over, or changed name.

Thanks

Send this to the Leeds Losers

Dear Cretins

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I sent this bunch a request of confirmation of the debt a while ago and I think what they sent is accepatable, confirmation with my signature etc.

As I'm a very poor student :rolleyes: I offered to pay £1 per month and completed the I&E form to back this up. They sent me a letter on the 28th May to say "we are currently reviewing your offer and will be in contact shortly". The account has been placed on hold.

It also says it would be helpful for them to speak to me and would be grateful if I could phone them.......which I have no intention of doing.

Does anyone know what they might be doing with my offer, or does it normally take a while?

Thanks

I wouldn't be paying them a penny unless I had cast iron proof. They usually say that they checked your credit files and the information they have matches the files - that proves nothing. I'd want who the original creditor was, what the original amount was and a copy of the letters of assignment from both the original creditor and Lowells proving they have the right to collect the debt. A "prove it " letter is only the start. I would then send them a request for acopy of the credit agreement to ascertain that the agreement was properly executed and enforceable. They probably aren't thinking anything about your offer of £1. They may delay to put pressure on to get you to pay more than you can afford. Deviousness is a way of life for DCAs and you have to be up to them or they will walk all over you.

copy the details on the 4th line under what you want to put here.

then click on the insert link next to the smilies and copy what you have from photobucket to there

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Anyone help with this? I'm trying to put the documents I've uploaded onto photobucket on here, but the personal details i've deleted and saved seem to re-appear :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Does anyone have any idea about what Lowell might be doing?

I have a letter dated 28th May saying they are considering my offer of £1 per month :) and they will be in contact shortly, with the account being placed on hold in the meantime.

My worry is that they may pass this to another DCA without telling me.

*****Update******

Had two phone calls today, one from Hamptons and one from Red.

First guy asked me if I could pay the full amount today and I said I had told Lowell I could make no more than £1 per month payment, to which I was asked why, and I said I had already informed Lowell I was a student. The guy put me on hold for over 5 minutes so I hung up.

About an hour later I get the call from Red confirming my details and then asking if he could call me back as he doesn't have all the paperwork for my case :lol:.

I wouldn't normally speak to them on the phone but I want to take delight in telling them they are getting no more than £1 per month.

Did you send a payment with your letter?

Pay the £1.

Keep the payments up, if you have online banking, so it that way, it's free.

Wait and see if they contact you again.

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

They are probably not doing a lot. Their problem is that they know you cannot pay any more than £1 per month and if they go further with it, they will probably not get any more anyway.

"I'm a poor student, M'lud. Due to being poor, I can only pay £1".

"How dare you bring this poor, decent, honest student to my court! Take his £1 and be grateful I am not reducing it to 20p! Costs of £5000 awarded to the student. Now get out of here and NEVER darken my dock again, you miserable rogues, or I will clap you all in irons!"

I expect they will take your £1 but they will moan and groan a lot before they do.