Consumer or DCA Protection?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All offences now come under The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 which came into force on 26 May 2008.

Hiding in Schedule 2 are numerous amendments to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It is now no longer an offence for failing to supply a CCA one month after default:

19. In section 77 (duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement), in

subsection (4), omit paragraph (b) and the “and” preceding it.

20. In section 78 (duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement), in

subsection (6), omit paragraph (b) and the “and” preceding it.

21. In section 79 (duty to give hirer information), in subsection (3), omit paragraph (b) and the

“and” preceding it.

Regulations 16 & 17 effectively make the original creditor the offender subject to final prosecution.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/pdf/uksi_20081277_en.pdf

All offences now come under The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 which came into force on 26 May 2008.

Hiding in Schedule 2 are numerous amendments to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It is now no longer an offence for failing to supply a CCA one month after default:

19. In section 77 (duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement), in

subsection (4), omit paragraph (b) and the “and” preceding it.

20. In section 78 (duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement), in

subsection (6), omit paragraph (b) and the “and” preceding it.

21. In section 79 (duty to give hirer information), in subsection (3), omit paragraph (b) and the

“and” preceding it.

Regulations 16 & 17 effectively make the original creditor the offender subject to final prosecution.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/pdf/uksi_20081277_en.pdf

It's no longer an offence but, he may not enforce the agreement while the default continues.

Is the way i read it.

Don't think that will make much difference, when was there ever a prosecution for it?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site