link want my sig 6 times before they will supply a CCA !! **WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off a CCA request to link and in the letter I said I did not acknowledge the debt. They have now written and said that because I do not acknowledge the debt they are not allowed to send out a copy of the agreement under the data protection act 1998 and if they sent it they would be in breach of the act. They say they want 6 speciment signatures so they can confirm I am the right person. What do I do now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the funniest excuse I have ever heard from any DCA

Let them default on your LEGAL request and then commit a Criminal Offence. Should they make any further demands for money report them to the OFT and Trading Standards. You are legally entitled to your CCA despite what these CRETINS say

LMAO@ the specimen thing- that's hilarious.

As for the demand for it- even more hilarious. If they send anything to the person they are dealing with they send it to their name and address. So I have no idea what that specimen thing is about. Unless they want to forge a signature on a CCA??lol.

In summary, Link were sufficiently sure of your identity to send demands for payment to you, knowing that do so if they were not certain would be a breach of the OFT Guidance, but they are not sufficiently confident of your identity to comply with their legal obligations under the CCA 1974.

Oh what a tangled web they weave...

Just sit back and wait for them to default. They're hardly likely to take you to court, are they, since they clearly aren't sure you are the debtor. If they threaten any such action, of course, that will be another breach of the OFT Guidance, and grounds for complaint.

I like Giant's idea - you could do each signature in a different coloured crayon, and provide instructions for them to make an attractive mobile for their call centre.

But all jokes aside.... DO NOT send them a copy of your signature.

Theres a very high chance they will fraduently copy it onto an agreement.

DO NOT send a copy of your signature.

And as ODC says, its there problem now. You made a legal request and they choose to ignor it. There problem, not yours.

Feck it. Why wait. Complain to TS and the OFT now. You have written proof of Links reason for breaking the law. Report their sorry asses now. Data Protection my a**e. S77, 78, 175 and 189 of the CCA 1974 spring immediatly to mind. In fact while you are at it ask Link for a copy of their complaints procedure and if they fail to supply it then report them to the FOS

They suggested I send a copy of a drivers licence, passport or official bill so they can confirm the claim is correct before they proceed further. They also say that the information will be treated in the strictest confidence and my privacy will be respected.

Strictest confidence?

They sent a demand letter to someone detailing the OC and the amount owed, yet they arent sure that the person they sent it to is the person that owes the money?

I would be on the phone so fast to simply laugh at them (dont do this though, everyone will advise you never to ring them, I have done it in the past for fun only).

As others have said you have sent in your request. They have replied that they have no intention of dealing with your request at this time. Escelate it to the next level now.

Lowell Financial - No CCA available

NDR - CCA request sent 08/04

My advice, send them a letter stating that you do not believe this matter to have anything to do with you and that they must prove that it does. State at a time when identity theft is at a high you would not send personal information to anybody unless you are certain the matter relates to you.

Then add that they can resolve this if they are certain it is you by sending the information required, however you would point out that should they information not relate to you you would feel compelled to report them for breaching principle (?) of the Data Protection Act by releasing data without first being certain that the person requesting the data is the subject.

In effect you have them caught in a catch 22 here. They can't send proof unless they are certain it relates to you, but how can they be certain when you yourself have denied it? You don't even need to send a CCA request since you're denying you're the person they're looking for and any attempt to pursue from here on would be met with a firm 'this has nothing to do with me'.

Same thing happened with me when Thames contacted me a while back.

Think you meant 'they' commit a criminal offence...sure you didn't mean what you typed! :)

LMAO. missed that completely!! I'm sure ODC was not insinuating that Angel104 celebrate them defaulting on his/her legal request by going out joyriding for kicks afterwards. Or anything else like that. ;)

No I meant what I said let THEM default and THEN commit a criminal offence.

They have to default before THEY can commit a criminal offence 1 calendar month later.

Bloody pedants:p

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please advise me what to do now only this morning I recieved a nasty letter from link saying I have ignored their request for 6 specimen signatures and they are demanding I provide them withing the next 7 days. They are still claiming that sending out the credit agreement without seeing them would be in breach of the data protection act.

Can someone please advise me what to do now. I have received a letter from link giving me 7 days to comply with teir request for the signatures. They also said they will only supply the credit agreement if I acknowledge the debt. They said if they send the credit agreement without my acknowledgement they would be in breach of the data protection act.

If Link are not sure you are the correct person then it is THEY who are breaching Data Protection by sending you demands for money if they are unsure you are the correct person.

Send them this letter of Pauls

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2008 the contents of which are noted

In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation /specimen signature** before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that i supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my S77/78** request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then i can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However please note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address. I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 77/78** was made on xx/xx/2008 and the 12 working days for your compliance expire on xx/xx/2008. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested

Regards

Print dont Sign

The letter is quite correct.

You ARE ignoring there request and your well whitin your to do so.

The whole we need your signature thing is twaddle.

If you havent already made a complaint to the powerrs that be I suggest you do it now.

Dont send them your signature, they dont need it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks