Merton Court bailiffs levied on goods viewed through my window for CTAX debt of old Tennant!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have had a 'notice of seizure of goods' through my door, with a list of my stuff on it... e.g. 3 x 3 piece suit, various electrical boxes, dvd player. this notice is for approximately £20,000 and is addressed to somebody who used to live at my house. can they acutally levy these goods looking through the window? i thought they had to levy them from inside your property. and can they actually take my stuff, when i dont owe this money, what do i do 'cus they'r supposed to be coming round monday when i am at work.

Also are they allowed to gain entry to my house now they have a list of goods?

if it helps, the notice says this:

TAKE NOTICE that by virtue of a liability order issued by a Magistrates Court to the London Borough of Merton, then beign passed to Merton Bailiff Services, I have this day seized and distrained upon the goods specified in the inventory for the arrears abd costs las listed below.

p.s. i will be at work when they come round, and my boyfriend will have to face them, and hes unreliable, and likely to go out at some point in the day!

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

Me Vs 3 = 0-1 :-(

See here for what a bailiff can and can't do:

All You Need To Know About Bailiffs

Send them this letter + 2 copies and hand one through the letterbox to the bailiff when he calls

NAME OF BAILIFF OR AUTHORITY

ADDRESS LINE 1

ADDRESS LINE 2

ADDRESS LINE 3

POSTCODE

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: [YOUR NAME]: Notice of Ownership

I write on the understanding you or your firm of bailiffs is intending to seize chattels, vehicles, goods, or property belonging to me at the above-mentioned address in respect of an alleged debt belonging to (name of debtor)

I confirm that (name of debtor) does not live here and has not done so since xx/xx/xx

I deny any knowledge or liability of the alleged debt

I confirm that I am the lawful owner of the aforesaid and there is no entitlement enabling you to change ownership, possession, location, use and enjoyment of my property by way of a levy or a walking possession agreement.

This document is delivered by Royal Mail and I deem it to be served on you by the ordinary course of post in the meaning of Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 and therefore your responsibility and your own interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.

Any attempt to subvert or rebuke this notice will result in an invalid levy and I will automatically file at court a Form 4 complaint with an application for costs against the certificated bailiff without contacting you further in this matter.

Yours Sincerely

thats brillian michael browne, thank you very much, only problem is the paperwork that has been posted to us doesnt have a return address OR the balliffs name, just has 2 phone numbers scribbled on them.

am i write in saying that a walking possesion agreement has to be signed by the debtor/me as the owner of the debt/property.

you are correct about the levy so tell your BF not to answer the door, what is this for, have you informed the council that you are new tenants.

the 'funny' thing about it is its not my council, its a council from his previous address, so it definately has nothing to do with me or him!

does he have to show them i.d. to prove hes not the debtor?

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

There is case law that makes it clear that a bailiff CANNOT carry out a visual inspection and post a walking possession through the door. This is most certainly NOT valid.

Merton Bailiff Services are unlike most bailiff companies in that this name is given to the in house department at Merton Council. The bailiffs are employed by the council.

You will need to contact the council and ask to be put through to the bailiff department.

If you do not have any luck, I do have the e-mail contact details of the person in charge of the bailiffs if necessary.

Finally, MAKE SURE YOU PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

Note also that Merton Bailiffs/Council have a character called J. Jarvis working for them. We have on record that he is quite happy to lie by saying that he is a 'court bailiff' though he must know that he works for the council and that his 'warrant of execution' allows him entry. It doesn't, even less so as it is a piece of paper typed up in Merton Council's own office and not a court document. A court document is stamped by the court.

Jarvis has also been known to illegally place in his foot in a door and then call the police on what was a decriminalised parking matter (ie civil) before thrusting this worthless piece of paper in front of constable who was hookwinked into believing that this council employee had a right of entry.

After an 'investigation', Merton Council sent a letter saying that nobody in their employ had acted inappropriately.

Don't let them in and don't listen to a thing they say.

thanks for all your help guys..... the [EDIT] hasn't come round yet, which means theyr likely to round during the week when we are all at work, im definately going to be calling them and sending the letter off today

Edited by Rooster-UK
Language.

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

only problem is the paperwork that has been posted to us doesnt have a return address OR the balliffs name, just has 2 phone numbers scribbled on them.

This looks like the work of conmen, contact police straight away because this could be organised crime. Contact TRading Standards, they might know about these people.

First to fly the Airbus A380

im quite shocked i called them and they said it was fine and they would send the file back to the council, just like that, no argument, i didnt even have to tell them my name!!

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

im quite shocked i called them and they said it was fine and they would send the file back to the council, just like that, no argument, i didnt even have to tell them my name!!

These aren't bailiffs, they are conmen looking for a quick buck.

First to fly the Airbus A380

• dx100uk changed the title to Merton Court bailiffs levied on goods viewed through my window for CTAX debt of old Tennant!